Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you spend £5k?  (Read 642 times)
BenScoobert (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:08:10 PM

So I have sued a car dealer for selling me a lemon, I have £7.5 coming back and I'm very interested in putting £5k of it in to cryptos.

I currently have a few cards mining on nicehash for around £300-400 a month.

If you have £5k and a blank slate what would you do?
cheapcoin.trade

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:14:58 PM

buy decred and do PoS Minning
llzzyy234

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:19:54 PM

Buy coin and sleep
sevenmiles

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:35:36 PM

buy and hold - if you really think the market cap of whole cryptocurrency will double in 6 months - i do believe so, so i hold bitcoin, etheurem, ripple, tenx, civic, siacoin, and deeponion
but there should be much more valuable coins, just do some research and buy, and hold, and wait... Undecided

BenScoobert (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:32:02 PM

buy and hold - if you really think the market cap of whole cryptocurrency will double in 6 months - i do believe so, so i hold bitcoin, etheurem, ripple, tenx, civic, siacoin, and deeponion
but there should be much more valuable coins, just do some research and buy, and hold, and wait... Undecided

My research says set up some mining, hold what I mined.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:34:39 PM

See that is the thing, mining you will get 5% per month, buy and selling, gets you 5000% in few minutes hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
BenScoobert (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:44:38 PM

See that is the thing, mining you will get 5% per month, buy and selling, gets you 5000% in few minutes hehe

I'm sitting at 10% a month. But also with mining you still have the mining kit, a coin doubling price only happens once.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:16:13 PM

I'm sitting at 10% a month. But also with mining you still have the mining kit, a coin doubling price only happens once.

A coin doubling happens many times, now think about many coins doubling and you guessing when they do.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:07:43 PM

A coin doubling happens many times, now think about many coins doubling and you guessing when they do.

Yeah and a coin slashes in half happens as often as that does, putting it all in in trading is risky and at least nerve wrecking, mining is safer, still risky, but safer.
CryptoScotland

Activity: 94

Crypto Scotland Investor Digital Currency

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:12:45 PM

So I have sued a car dealer for selling me a lemon, I have £7.5 coming back and I'm very interested in putting £5k of it in to cryptos.

I currently have a few cards mining on nicehash for around £300-400 a month.

If you have £5k and a blank slate what would you do?

Like yourself I had £5000 and I have just bought a Mining Rig around 150 MH/s to Mine ETH & SIA and also buying XRP & NEM.  New to mining so bought a tester machine and if it's generating around £300-£400 a month might buy 3 or 4 more.

Would recommend buy 1-2 Mini Mining Rigs which MH/s around 80/90 and then rest buying coins in the top 20 market cap.

Thanks

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
DrX

Activity: 233
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:13:09 PM

2.5k to Bitcoin
1.5k to Ethereum
0.5k to risky coins...dcr, sia, neo and so on...
0.5k to alcohol

This is risky business...
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:11:56 AM

BTC already in the sky,  Grin Grin not good for buying BTC
build 7x vega mining small caps coin, this is win win situation

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Greg M

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:30:23 AM

I would (and have) invest in asic mining hardware such as antminer L3+ or D3 units (S11 in the not so distant future). Selling this hash power on nicehash will greatly increase your revenue as I'm sure you're aware.

My reasoning for this being the best route is that although simply holding crypto is profitable it is not really scalable. If you bought two L3+ units you could buy 2 more at your first realized roi (2 or 3 months max for Sept batch of L3+). At this point you mine with four units and hodl your earnings until the release of the next new asic and buy as many as possible. Once the new hardware is ordered you immediately put your old hardware up for sale while it is still profitable and set shipping for just after your next gen miners arrive. This way you stay on the cutting edge of tech with no down time and will not be left with fancy looking paperweights.

Depending on your space, electricity, and cooling restrictions you can scale to the point that you are earning insane amounts of bitcoin. Then hold all you mine as you are at capacity and watch cryptos moon 🐜🚀🌕
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: