Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:44:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WeiMixer - Ethereum Mixing Service  (Read 1822 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:56:27 PM

I sent a small transaction, which shows up in the destination address as canceled (out of gas). It seems there is some kind of error in the smart contract. I sent an email, please check.
And it's over 24 hours since you have posted this but would appreciate if you can share the update or what eventually happen and how its being resolved as well as how supportive is their email address you sent the mail to as well as their customer service response time. A lot of people are really waiting for the update because this is a  project that is coming fresh and issues like this should not happen.

This has been resolved as soon as we saw an email from this user,this wasn't any problem with the mixer or anything of such kind we would like to provide more details but we don't want to expose this user privacy.

I am happy this is being resolved as I have been keeping an eye on the thread for your either your update or the clients update and it's good to know you are very much on point. Also, you need to be more active on the forum in other to tackle issues head on before they degenerate unreasonably. My opinion though...
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:49:10 PM

I can confirm that the issue was solved promptly and I even got a small bonus as compensation for the inconvenience.

It seems like there are some receiving wallets that need more gas and that provoked an "out of gas" error in the smart contract.

Thank you and sorry for taking so long to update the thread.
BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:11:03 PM

Well, simple to use and it works. ZSnarks might make this obsolete at some point, but until then, this is the tool to use.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 08:20:38 PM

Interesting. It's asking me to send money to 0xab797e46ed0e19dc6cdaef58311e6c6d4f46d6c7 in order to have it mixed. How do I see the contract at that address? Does anyone know?

BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:53:04 AM

Interesting. It's asking me to send money to 0xab797e46ed0e19dc6cdaef58311e6c6d4f46d6c7 in order to have it mixed. How do I see the contract at that address? Does anyone know?

Apparently it's possible. I found this answer online:

Yes you can, by using some EVM assembly code to get the address' code size:

Code:
function isContract(address addr) returns (bool) {
  uint size;
  assembly { size := extcodesize(addr) }
  return size > 0;
}

But I too wonder if there's any online tool that might allow to just input the address and see the contract...
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:40:46 AM

I guess that's basically what mixing is all about, you are told to send into an address then you received the amount from another address into your own preferred address. Based on what I have read, it seems its more safe to use the service, while they do their thing, all that matter is receiving your own money in your preferred address.
alians083

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:00:39 AM

This service is SCAM.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164153.0
alians083

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:24:41 AM

I received money and disappeared. I do not answer the mail.
WeiMixer (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 04:51:57 PM

Any scam reports by people that do not provide signed transaction information via PM or email has to be considered fake.

In last 7 days we didn't receive any transaction for exactly 10ETH and this address was not generated by us.

We tell everyone on payment page to save signed message as proof that we do not scam if you can't post this signed message within 24hours then I believe everyone will know what your post is.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:03:45 PM

I can confirm that I sent another transaction for mixing and it went through without any problems.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: