Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the top 5-10 biggest problem solving coins?  (Read 1460 times)
kdt15 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:41:12 PM

Curious as to what people's opinions are. Still reading every day but theres too many damn coins to go thru Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KenM

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:50:49 PM

Humaniq HMQ aims to provide financial services to billions of people without access to banks. There are huge obstacles to overcome, but it could change the world if it was successful.
DuarteFig

Activity: 169
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:53:02 PM

I can't name 5-10, but I will give you my Top 2:

1. Bitcoin - Problem solved: introduced the blockchain technology that allows solving the problem of double spending for a decentralized digital currency, and enabled all the other cryptocurrencies to be created.

2. Ethereum - Problem solved: combined blockchain and smart contracts solving the need for centralized entities in several market/businesses and introduced the concept of decentralized apps.

I am also curious about what people are going to answer here. I see a lot of promising projects emerging but a lot of them are still in development phase, so I think the two "coins" that really solved something at this stage are our two biggest cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin which is a digital coin and Ethereum which is a smart contract platform.
kdt15 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:04:39 PM

i was suspecting some answers to just be btc/eth. is everything else really that far behind?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:07:42 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 11:37:03 PM by qwizzie

Dash

It solves Bitcoin's following problems :

- no privacy in its transactions on the blockchain (Dash has optional privacy for its transactions on the blockchain that users can use -> PrivateSend)
- slow confirmation time for its transactions (Dash has a much faster confirmation time then Bitcoin and also provide optional instant confirmations --> InstantSend)
- governance issues, just look at the whole block upscale debate that not only took forever to solve but also severly divided its community (Dash has decentralized governance through its masternodes system, which means decisions can be done fast and measured reliable)
- funds issues, Bitcoin relies too much on funds from third parties which makes it vulnerable to outside influences (Dash has decentralized funding by allocating 10% of its mined blocks to a budget system where masternodes vote over)
- user unfriendly (Dash is focussing on making the whole process of interacting with Dash much more user-friendly so that even your mom can use Dash.. this will be done through the Dash Evolution update thats worked on)
- offchain upscaling, which leads to larger centralization and also seems less efficient as solution, Bitcoin roadmap plans to use the Lightning Network for this (Dash is focussing on an onchain solution by making sure the masternode network and the miners can process much larger blocks (in november 2017 Dash will activate 2 MB blocks and it plans to expand the blocks all the way to 400MB in the course of time)  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
kdt15 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:00:26 AM

Dash

- no privacy in its transactions on the blockchain (Dash has optional privacy for its transactions on the blockchain that users can use -> PrivateSend)
- slow confirmation time for its transactions (Dash has a much faster confirmation time then Bitcoin and also provide optional instant confirmations --> InstantSend)
- governance issues, just look at the whole block upscale debate that not only took forever to solve but also severly divided its community (Dash has decentralized governance through its masternodes system, which means decisions can be done fast and measured reliable)
- funds issues, Bitcoin relies too much on funds from third parties which makes it vulnerable to outside influences (Dash has decentralized funding by allocating 10% of its mined blocks to a budget system where masternodes vote over)
- user unfriendly (Dash is focussing on making the whole process of interacting with Dash much more user-friendly so that even your mom can use Dash.. this will be done through the Dash Evolution update thats worked on)
- offchain upscaling, which leads to larger centralization and also seems less efficient as solution, Bitcoin roadmap plans to use the Lightning Network for this (Dash is focussing on an onchain solution by making sure the masternode network and the miners can process much larger blocks (in november 2017 Dash will activate 2 MB blocks and it plans to expand the blocks all the way to 400MB in the course of time)  

how is it better than monero?
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:13:13 AM

Any pump and dump coin(almost all of them): solve the problem of giving money for the creators of the coins and few other people.
KillyGon

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:23:03 AM

the best top 5 coin

1 bitcoin
2 etherum
3 litecoin
4 riple(XRP)
5 BCH (bitcoin cash)
soulcitycrypto

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:48:33 AM

You are approaching these investment decisions correctly! Think about what problems they solve before you buy.

LTC solves BTC's network fee and leadership problems but there's no telling how long that will remain viable as a way to increase its value
ETH solves network implementation and contract fulfillment problems that it's a bit trickier for BTC to solve.
DASH solves capital liquidity problems among other things, and makes it easier for end users to use DASH as a currency.
IOTA solves internet-of-things resource exchange problems, redundancy is improved thanks to the tangle.

These are the only ones i'm familiar with enough to speak on. Good luck!

If someone tells you something is good and they can't tell you why, don't listen to them. Wink
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:50:21 AM

Dash

how is it better than monero?

Monero just have privacy (which is active over all its transactions by default)
Dash has optional privacy, decentralized governance, decentralized budget, way more full nodes (around 5000 i think in total) which makes its network stronger, instant transactions (within 2 seconds), and it has a detailed roadmap towards upscaling its transactions. The upscaling will be achieved thanks to Dash Evolution (a future update), through specialized hardware and through onchain upscaling using much larger blocksizes in the future.

Monero is serving a niche market with a focuss on darknet markets 
Dash dreams of getting its product mainstream, usable by millions and millions of normal, not-tech users.

I believe in that dream.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:56:00 AM

Humaniq HMQ aims to provide financial services to billions of people without access to banks. There are huge obstacles to overcome, but it could change the world if it was successful.

That sounds the general goal of any cryptocurrency. If that's the goal of Humaniq then in my opinion it is very generic. It's not bringing something new on the table.
KenM

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:28:09 AM

That sounds the general goal of any cryptocurrency. If that's the goal of Humaniq then in my opinion it is very generic. It's not bringing something new on the table.

I believe they plan to supply many of their 3rd world users with free or extremely reduced cost android phones to start their HMQ financial service accounts. The goal may be generic, but the method in which they access their target audience is unique.  
MiriamWeston

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:47:41 PM

You go to coinmarketcap.com and invest in the top 10 pennies in it
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:44:10 PM

Byteball - solves blockchain (weather PoW or PoS, DPoS) scaling and governance problems, and solved DAG-coins/Tangles requirement for centralized authorities, it has no central Coordinator but instead 12 witnesses each of which dont have to be trusted or online. Its a very interesting consensus algorithm and implementation.
VFabio

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:01:42 PM

The YUPIE token will save companies so much money. Why to pay several mediators to get the peoples opinion when you can approach them directly?

On average companies spend 16% on R&D and 10% on marketing. Crowdholding will cut those costs to a minimum.

Check out their BitcoinTalk thread ↓↓↓
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2082561.0

Also interesting blog article about “What is Crowdholding?” ↓↓↓
https://medium.com/@crowdholding/what-is-crowdholding-9751e4e257fa
kasper-guts

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Blockchain Developer at GUTS Tickets

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

Disclaimer: I am quite biased as I work for the company pushing the innovation.

The ticketing market for events is quite broken in my opinion, and for the traditional infrastructure, it is a very problem to solve. The only way you can prevent people from reselling their ticket at this point is by putting the ticket on someone's name. But this obviously has some problems associated with it, as type of verification at the entrance of the event is very time consuming.

The company I work for has built a ticketing system that does ticket registrations on the blockchain, and by a 'smart' way of delivering the ticket (not to a PDF but to the users phone browser) the ticket becomes dynamic and thus impossible to resell. I have to go now, but if anyone is interested here is the link to the whitepaper: https://guts.tickets/files/GET-Whitepaper-GUTS-Tickets-latest.pdf

My apologies for directly plugging my own gig but I really do belive it a problem that is an obvious and easy win to prove the utility of the blockchain tech-stack.

Read more about our ICO: https://guts.tickets/ico
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:49:08 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 09:58:07 PM by Febo

Monero is only truly fungible crypto cash.

What is fungibility? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuI-8EwqIS8

Only fungibility can provide that every Monero is worth exactly 1 Monero.   With BTC and all other "crypto" coins that is not the case and tainted coins will be worth less or nothing.
wenzuo

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:50:47 PM

i just want to know what is problem solving coin? do btc solve any problems?its just like gold, its value come from the belief instead of use

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Crypto_New

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:57:52 PM

you can try to find out with google. If your wiring is in detail. If we say here it will be very confusing yourself if you are still a beginner.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

i just want to know what is problem solving coin? do btc solve any problems?its just like gold, its value come from the belief instead of use

And why do you think there is any belief in bitcoin?

Because bitcoin solves problems which no other currency does.

That's where the value is coming from, not because its like gold. there's a reason behind it.

Bitcoin is semi-anonimous, can be used all over the world, without any restrictions made by government/ nor does the/ any government control bitcoin ( there are restrictions, but they can never enforce those, if you use bitcoin the right way..)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: