Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:12:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners - Please give Feathercoin (FTC) some love right now  (Read 1527 times)
kendog77 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 07:12:40 PM by kendog77

All,

Feathercoin difficulty got pushed through the roof right after it was introduced, and so many miners jumped off it after the difficulty adjustment that is limping along at the moment, but there is hope!

Due to a recent Feathercoin update, the difficulty will adjust down by ~40% in 144 blocks, which should be good for some alt coin miners.

Why is this good for you?

1.) It will make Feathercoin viable to mine again and spread out the hash power, which should reduce the difficulty of other alt coins like Litecoin.

2.) I'm sure a lot of folks hold Feathercoin, but you can't do anything with them right now since blocks are being mined so slowly. In order for Feathercoin transactions to be viable, blocks have to be mined in a reasonable amount of time.

If you can, please throw some hash power at Feathercoin to help push it over this rough patch. If you have a substantial amount of FTC, it is probably in your best interest to mine Feathercoin at the moment.

Right now it will take ~1 week to get over the current difficulty, but that time could be reduced drastically if some miners move over before the difficulty adjustment.

http://stats.feathercoin.com
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:50:31 PM

Better yet, give FRC some love too, so my last transaction of that junk in to BTC can get some confirmations Smiley

Survival of the fittest of these coins now...
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:52:38 PM

All the hashing power went to the new flavor coins like Worldcoin and that nibblecoin. All the pump and dump is going to those right now

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:17:38 PM

Better yet, give FRC some love too, so my last transaction of that junk in to BTC can get some confirmations Smiley

Are you currently mining FRC? You could do your part to make sure that transaction gets confirmed. I guess it's quite a conundrum to decide whether to mine a coin for lower profits than you could get elsewhere versus not mining it and watching transactions grind to a halt.

For folks that are holding a large quantity of alt coins that are going through rough patches, I still surmise that it is in their best interest to mine these coins for a short term loss versus watching their holdings go to zero.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:19:32 PM

Give it up, it's hopeless. Face it, FTC won't survive.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:22:56 PM

Are you currently mining FRC? You could do your part to make sure that transaction gets confirmed. I guess it's quite a conundrum to decide whether to mine a coin for lower profits than you could get elsewhere versus not mining it and watching transactions grind to a halt.

For folks that are holding a large quantity of alt coins that are going through rough patches, I still surmise that it is in their best interest to mine these coins for a short term loss versus watching their holdings go to zero.

No I did my duty mining FRC already, I see the end in sight and Im getting out.
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:26:21 PM

Sell your FTC, get 2 YACs for each FTC, merge into the YAC community. Better chance of making up your losses.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
rototo

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:28:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I bring my 800 kh/s contribution on Feathercoin network for a undetermined time of mining. It's small but I hope it will be help to re-start this project.
MysteryX

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:30:20 PM

If it was a couple % lower profitability than BTC/LTC mining then maybe i might, but when its 50% less.... no thanks.
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:30:23 PM

I just hope there are more viable scrypt based alt coins in the future.

I hope we don't end up in a situation where ASIC miners dominate Bitcoin, and GPU miners fight over Litecoin scraps, but that seems like the direction we're headed...
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:31:49 PM

I hope we don't end up in a situation where ASIC miners dominate Bitcoin, and GPU miners fight over Litecoin scraps, but that seems like the direction we're headed...

When ASIC chips are widely available to everyone, GPU mining will be completely pointless.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:32:38 PM

When ASIC chips are widely available to everyone, GPU mining will be completely pointless.
you mean affordable right?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:35:57 PM

If all scrypt based coins die, that will be a true statement, but I have yet to see anyone release an ASICs device that can mine a scrypt based coin. LTC is doing well right now and may hit Mt. Gox soon, but the difficulty is going through the roof which is why another viable scrypt based coin should be a good thing for GPU miners.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:50:03 PM

Miners are results oriented.  They only react to what is profitable.  The feathercoin community was not aggressive enough with establishing it as a currency.  Games, pools and an exchange are not enough.  It requires that the developers establish relationships with vendors to carry the currency. 

If there are no vendors then there is no reason for the public to use the currency.  When physical currencies are convenient and there already one possibly two established leaders in the digital world, what did feathercoin bring that was not already available.  And I don't mean to miners so they can get rewarded.  What did it bring to vendors to trade in it and the public to hold it as a unit of exchange.

All these digital currencies are have a very difficult path to establishment.  BTC and LTC didn't pave a way for them they made it rockier.  With so many miners out there looking to make a BTC/LTC they throw around a lot of hashing power.  A new coin does not have a year ot two to build a community around it, it has a couple weeks. 

So developers have to be smart, most of them know just enough to be dangerous and that is about it.  They need to figure out that to get a (real) currency established now (post BTC/LTC) they need to weaken early (first year) mining rewards, provide fast confirmations, and put 90% of their time giving vendors and the public incentives to adopt the currency.  Getting on the exchange is not a goal.  Getting in Joe Q. Public's hands is THE goal.

If they don't they will all die like FTC.  Worldcoin is already on that path as it has done nothing to establish itself.
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:05:30 AM

Worldcoin was broken by design from day one. I don't take any coin seriously that has 15 second block times (orphan city). I hope WDC never makes it to an exchange.

In most cases, 15 seconds is not even long enough for a block to propagate across the entire WDC network.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:08:57 AM

Feathercoin needs to stay dead. Nothing but a pointless clone.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:12:50 AM

Worldcoin was broken by design from day one. I don't take any coin seriously that has 15 second block times (orphan city). I hope WDC never makes it to an exchange.

In most cases, 15 seconds is not even long enough for a block to propagate across the entire WDC network.

exactly and just editing a few variables in an existing coin software is not going to cut it.  It needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  I have my own thoughts on how to handle the propagation issue you mentioned.  I'm rewriting some of the bitcoin coin code, only taking what I think is useful but its a full redevelopment.  I'm playing with my own distributed network.  So far its promising.  I'm not sure how it will scale and I have other issues that I need to iron out before it can be a functional tool.  miner abandonment for one.  Cheesy
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:14:15 AM

FeatherCoin is dead. Let it rest in peace  Cry
kendog77 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:20:29 AM

FeatherCoin is dead. Let it rest in peace  Cry

Time will tell. These are very interesting times for cryptocoins. We're watching the sausage get made here, folks...  Smiley
sidelsky18

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:48:50 AM

Miners, please give [insert coin that I have lots of] some love!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: