Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want an ASIC for winter space heater @ work  (Read 422 times)
dbc23 (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:42:54 PM

I want to get one ASIC for under my desk for the winter.  Since i'd need a real one anyway, it seems to make sense.  What i'm wondering is if there's ANYTHING that will be available to buy by then, that's not price gouged and will be relatively useful to run.

I have no algo preference or specific daily return, so long as the cost ROI isn't measured in years.

Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 11:50:24 PM

I want to get one ASIC for under my desk for the winter.  Since i'd need a real one anyway, it seems to make sense.  What i'm wondering is if there's ANYTHING that will be available to buy by then, that's not price gouged and will be relatively useful to run.

I have no algo preference or specific daily return, so long as the cost ROI isn't measured in years.

Any suggestions?

If u miss D3 release, u can go on baikal miner giant+ ... is a chameleon, can mine six different algo.
U prolly can grab ROI in one years.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:19:47 AM

wouldn't the sound be unbearable though? i don't have an ASIC but from the videos i saw of the antminers these things are loud
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:07:29 PM

If you want something just for a space heater, you could consider something older, like a Spondoolies SP20e (which can be set to be pretty quiet).

I wouldn't put a Baikal under a desk - the case on their Giant isn't particularly sturdy and I'd be worried that one accidental kick = dead miner.

*ALL* Antminer models since at least the S5 have been quite loud - the Focused Flow Delta fan on them makes a high pitched whine due to the large number of blades + the "focus" blades times the fairly high RPM they spin at.
 The Spondoolies used a YS Tech fan (which was very similar to the Delta AFB series) with a lot lower blade count, so no whine just a "whoosh" of airflow that's a LOT less annoying.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: