Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do ASICs for mining exist?  (Read 679 times)
excalibur (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:20:41 PM

It seems there are currently two producers of mining hardware claiming to have ASICs on sale:

* http://www.butterflylabs.com
* http://launch.avalon-asics.com

However, if you read a lot about their products and sales teniques, you get convinced more and more that it's just a hoax.

So here is my question: Is there anybody who actually has running ASICs at his premises?

Please do not respond...
...if you bought avalon chips and you didn't use them for mining yet.
...if you did any kind of pre-ordering and don't know when your product will be shipped.
...if you are still waiting for the product to arrive.
...if you have the device ready, but you couldn't make it run.
...if you didn't use it for whatsoever reason.
...if it's your friend/neighbour/relative/... and not you who runs/owns the ASIC.

Thank you!
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

It seems there are currently two producers of mining hardware claiming to have ASICs on sale:

* http://www.butterflylabs.com
* http://launch.avalon-asics.com

However, if you read a lot about their products and sales teniques, you get convinced more and more that it's just a hoax.

So here is my question: Is there anybody who actually has running ASICs at his premises?

Please do not respond...
...if you bought avalon chips and you didn't use them for mining yet.
...if you did any kind of pre-ordering and don't know when your product will be shipped.
...if you are still waiting for the product to arrive.
...if you have the device ready, but you couldn't make it run.
...if you didn't use it for whatsoever reason.
...if it's your friend/neighbour/relative/... and not you who runs/owns the ASIC.

Thank you!

I don't think you'll be finding many ASIC owners browsing the Newbie forum. However, Avalon's shipping is pretty well document. The first release was to core Bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik a few months back and apparently they've just shipped batch two. Batch three preorders are already full.

Butterfly Labs has sent devices to a few developers and to a few media members, though they haven't shipped much beyond that. They also had to increase their prices above their original offering.

Neither company offers an ASIC for immediate shipping, just preorders. Avalon has been best at keeping on track with their shipping estimates, where as Butterfly Labs is very very very far behind their original shipping dates.

HELLNAUT

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:53:07 PM

Apparent August , September, October

are crucial months.... cause apparently this is meant to be where all the large ASIC companies are getting there units shipped out.
myself on a personal level believe that KNC miner are credible to this.

bfl is definetly there with there product line only thing is that since they get bombarded with the question of ETA for delivery they
just end up not giving a shit about it.
and also the amount of numerous scam sites that arised as well claiming to have working ASICs.

well reputation is everything to a company....it takes a lifetime to build it and only a second to destroy it.
Ive got my bet on KNC miner that they will deliver to the btc community first.
Its just the faith that needs to keep you going Sad but no doubt faith is about believing without seeing.
navytbh

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

avalon's are publicly released and documented
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 12:37:52 AM

ah I found a place to post, I was wondering what was going on. I had to search google to find the thread about this newbie area..
Anyways.. yes there are lots of users and companies using asic miners. I'm rather late to the game but I'm having fun so far! I ordered one of the asic usb sticks from btcguild last week, I'd like to get a few more and setup a little raspberry pi miner to reduce electrical cost.
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:06:15 AM

ah I found a place to post, I was wondering what was going on. I had to search google to find the thread about this newbie area..
Anyways.. yes there are lots of users and companies using asic miners. I'm rather late to the game but I'm having fun so far! I ordered one of the asic usb sticks from btcguild last week, I'd like to get a few more and setup a little raspberry pi miner to reduce electrical cost.

welcome home NYC;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVLQSNW8dbc
Thanks Smiley
I've been mining LTC's a bit too, watching the site to see which is more profitable at the time. http://dustcoin.com/mining
gollygosh

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:31:01 AM

ASICS are a waist of money NOW - oh well

petitcafe

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:42:27 AM

After 10 months of waiting I finally got a BFL "Jalapeno" ASIC that is supposed to work with 4.5 + 2 GH/s. Currently, it hashes away with 7.6 GH/s. It's pretty noisy, though. I already took off the case and will replace the cheap fan with a NOCTUA one. Pretty exciting. At the current difficulty I will have my first mined BTC after about a week.
iwalkalone

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:56:17 AM

still waiting on mine...at their current pace I should get mine in mid July. Angry
iwalkalone

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:58:14 AM

I also have a KnC preorder that should be sent in sept...if their first batch actually ships on time...crosses fingers.
rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:30:26 AM

I plan on ordering a BLF Jalapeno here in the next week or so, hopefully will get here in sept.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
coor37

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:15:39 PM

I've ordered Avalon, hope I will get it soon
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:17:01 PM

I plan on ordering a BLF Jalapeno here in the next week or so, hopefully will get here in sept.

I have an order for a bfl jala by two months and probably i will never see the hardware before october or november, forget what bfl writed on the site, orders posted now will never be delivered in two months. on bfl site there is, Jody's blog where are writtens updates of delivery and now are to mid september 2012 !!!

you draw the conclusions...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: