Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The End of Government  (Read 260 times)
hiroprotag (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:29:52 AM

Blockchain has unleashed a new form of intelligence upon the Earth; decentralization and consensus (however flawed or perfect they may be). These core tenants will forge the dissolution of the nation state as our method of organizing property, prosperity and basic human rights. The theories I have grown to evolve concerning the future of governance, or rather, a future without the need for government, will not be realized fully until we are working with intelligences beyond the current state of human capacity.

But we have to start somewhere.

I am curious to know who else has been channeling their thoughts and energy into these ideas. Curious to see what we have all come up with. Even more compelled by the thought of what we can build together.

Cheers.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:42:09 AM

Government will not end. Governance is just revolutionize and it is revolutionize in a good way. Crypto brought inclusion. At this stage, financially. People can trade to other people internationally and cheaply and almost instantaneous whereas impossible to do with local currency. And now, governance model is being explored. You see how people put their money on projects they like. Now imagine that being implemented to a nation's government, wherein people can vote on which government project is prioritize, I wonder wars will be funded. No right? but there's a lot to be worked on especially under game theory with this kind of model such as how can a system invalidate bribery.

I feel that there's a need for separation of state and currency/commerce same reason for separation between state and church. It would be interesting to see how would this play out into the future.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:32:26 PM

Quote from: n4poleon link=topic=2104870.msg21036528#msg21036528 8#msg21036528 date=1503225729
Goverthere  will end. Governance is just revolutionize and it is revolutionize in a good way. Crypto brought inclusion. At this stage, financially. People can trade to other people internationally and cheaply and almost instantaneous whereas impossible to do with local currency. And now, governance model is being explored. You see how people put their money on projects they like. Now imagine that being implemented to a nation's government, wherein people can vote on which government project is prioritize, I wonder wars will be funded. No right? but there's a lot to be worked on especially under game theory with this kind of model such as how can a system invalidate bribery.

I feel that there's a need for separation of state and currency/commerce same reason for separation between state and church. It would be interesting to see how would this play out into the future.

Depends on what government you believe will not end. I think Government as we know it will go on extinction when there is no need for it
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:44:29 AM

Quote from: n4poleon link=topic=2104870.msg21036528#msg21036528 8#msg21036528 date=1503225729
Goverthere  will end. Governance is just revolutionize and it is revolutionize in a good way. Crypto brought inclusion. At this stage, financially. People can trade to other people internationally and cheaply and almost instantaneous whereas impossible to do with local currency. And now, governance model is being explored. You see how people put their money on projects they like. Now imagine that being implemented to a nation's government, wherein people can vote on which government project is prioritize, I wonder wars will be funded. No right? but there's a lot to be worked on especially under game theory with this kind of model such as how can a system invalidate bribery.

Depends on what government you believe will not end. I think Government as we know it will go on extinction when there is no need for it

I guess we have different views on governments. Government is simply a means to put some order as simple as I said. However, there are a lot of governance model. In crypto, we have foundations, voluntary community-based model and others. Now state governance slowly diminishing as it is evidently inefficient model. No offense but I feel that the only government you're aware of is the state.
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:13:59 AM

The government will not end. On the contrary, it will be much more convenient for people to control through the system of electronic payments than through cash and this anonymity is not really anonymous in fact.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: