Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Starter Loans  (Read 1860 times)
bitcoinbear (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:16:21 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 06:34:31 PM by bitcoinbear

I am willing to give out starter loans of XRP so people can start using the system. Once you get the XRP you can access the trust and trade functions, so you can deposit BTC to your account using a gateway and purchase XRP, which you would send back to me.

I believe people need 350 XRP to start, correct me if I am wrong?

If anybody wants to give me tips my Ripple address is listed below. If you want to add to the XRP starter loan fund, that is where you could send XRP as well.

rHA7cXDZfeZqGNbihPnHhvwyEL8Rw4dRbJ

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dchapes

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:07:18 AM

I believe people need 350 XRP to start, correct me if I am wrong?

If anybody wants to give me tips my Ripple address is listed below. If you want to add to the XRP starter loan fund, that is where you could send XRP as well.

rHA7cXDZfeZqGNbihPnHhvwyEL8Rw4dRbJ
Given that you don't know how much XRP is needed to start an account, that your account only has 800 XRP in it[1] and has barely been used[2], and that don't know better than to participate in foolishly trusting an untrustworthy source (while also trusting another participant in that for 100 BTC more while also trusting Bitstamp)... I'd hope no one would trust you with anything Ripple related. But the one (only) thing that "experiment" showed was that are people who will trust anyone.

If anyone wants a reliable source of starter loans, I strongly recommend visiting the Ripple forum. [Note I do not offer any kind loan or XRP for BTC service, see the Ripple forum for those that reliable do.]

[1] Could have anther account with an XRP for loans out I suppose.
[2] Other than to ditch/sell the OpenCoin give-away XRP (which he somehow received twice)

IMO, Ripple questions are best asked (and answered) on the Ripple forum and/or StackExchange
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

Given that you don't know how much XRP is needed to start an account, that your account only has 800 XRP in it[1] and has barely been used[2], and that don't know better than to participate in foolishly trusting an untrustworthy source (while also trusting another participant in that for 100 BTC more while also trusting Bitstamp)... I'd hope no one would trust you with anything Ripple related. But the one (only) thing that "experiment" showed was that are people who will trust anyone.

[1] Could have anther account with an XRP for loans out I suppose.
[2] Other than to ditch/sell the OpenCoin give-away XRP (which he somehow received twice)

First of all, I am offering to trust people as an experiment to see if this is viable, I am not asking anybody to trust me.

I was just asking about the amount needed because I was not sure if they had lowered it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the minimum amount was being lowered.

I did not receive give-away XRP twice, why would you think that?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Pzi4nk

Activity: 70

Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:56:13 AM

I could use some XRP to get started. I thought I read that the requirement had been lowered to 100 XRP but someone sent me 100 XRP and it says I need 200 XRP to use Ripple.

If you could lend me 100 XRP that would be great.

rJR5Ds4YsJvuCi8uPy3z6Z6jNC6c6U8hPr
dchapes

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:01:43 AM

Perhaps I'm being overcritical given your apparent lack of understanding of Ripple (partially due to your account trusting Bitstamp and TF for 100 BTC each at the same time).

I was just asking about the amount needed because I was not sure if they had lowered it, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the minimum amount was being lowered.

~76 XRP is a reasonable minimum now:
http://ripple.com/blog/ripple-reserve-lowered-by-75/
https://ripple.com/wiki/Reserves

The ledger is public and for rHA7cXDZfeZqGNbihPnHhvwyEL8Rw4dRbJ it consists of only:

Feb 28 22:01:10 UTC Payment from [redacted] 300 XRP
Mar  1 00:49:30 UTC Payment from OpenCoin 40000 XRP
Mar  1 18:43:40 UTC Payment from OpenCoin 40000 XRP
Mar  7 02:36:30 UTC Payment   to [redacted] 75000 XRP
May 17 04:01:30 UTC Payment   to [redacted] 4500 XRP
May 19 23:08:50 UTC Trust 100 BTC/TF
May 19 23:14:00 UTC Trust 100 USD/[redacted]
May 19 23:14:40 UTC Trust 100 BTC/[redacted]
May 19 23:19:30 UTC Trust 100 BTC/Bitstamp

I assume a glitch in their forum scrapping bot double paid you. Not your fault if their bot screws up (unless you were double posting, I didn't bother to check; their bot should have ignored any duplicate posts tho).

IMO, Ripple questions are best asked (and answered) on the Ripple forum and/or StackExchange
Pzi4nk

Activity: 70

Move over clarinets, I'm getting on the band wagon

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:19:15 AM

Perhaps I'm being overcritical given your apparent lack of understanding of Ripple (partially due to your account trusting Bitstamp and TF for 100 BTC each at the same time).

~76 XRP is a reasonable minimum now:
http://ripple.com/blog/ripple-reserve-lowered-by-75/
https://ripple.com/wiki/Reserves

The ledger is public and for rHA7cXDZfeZqGNbihPnHhvwyEL8Rw4dRbJ it consists of only:

Mar  7 02:36:30 UTC Payment   to [redacted] 75000 XRP
May 17 04:01:30 UTC Payment   to [redacted] 4500 XRP
May 19 23:08:50 UTC Trust 100 BTC/TF
May 19 23:14:00 UTC Trust 100 USD/[redacted]
May 19 23:14:40 UTC Trust 100 BTC/[redacted]
May 19 23:19:30 UTC Trust 100 BTC/Bitstamp

I assume a glitch in their forum scrapping bot double paid you. Not your fault if their bot screws up (unless you were double posting, I didn't bother to check; their bot should have ignored any duplicate posts tho).
[all emphasis added by Pzi4nk]

Dchapes, I enjoy your explanations here and on the Ripple forum but I think you're being too hard on bitcoinbear, at least on the point of knowing how much XRP is required to have in your account.

The number has changed many times and at present it's not at all clear what the requirement is. I've read the same updates you've posted above and assumed I needed 75 XRP. Someone was kind enough to lend me 100 XRP just to be safe, but even that was not enough when I tried to "trust" BitStamp to actually use my wallet I could not because I did not have enough XRP in my wallet.

The Ripple client "information" link next to this notification stated I needed to have 200 XRP in order to extend trust.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:20:34 PM

Haven't used the service yet. Still kind of confused.

rpXbKWewSggvehhe8QGpkyyMPoZDkffbos   Thank you

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:20:43 PM

Don't purchase XRP's, OpenCoin has plenty to be giving out. If they don't give out XRP's, don't use Ripple.  Smiley
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:24:52 PM

Eh, that's funny. I am not sure why they gave me double, maybe they just like my name?

I could use some XRP to get started. I thought I read that the requirement had been lowered to 100 XRP but someone sent me 100 XRP and it says I need 200 XRP to use Ripple.

Sure, I'll spot you some as soon as I get to my other computer. For some reason on this computer when I go to the Ripple website and log in I can only see my contacts, nothing else shows up. Anybody know how to fix that?

wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:27:23 PM

Don't purchase XRP's, OpenCoin has plenty to be giving out. If they don't give out XRP's, don't use Ripple.  Smiley

+1
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:30:45 PM

I see you posted in the "Ripple Giveaway" thread, did you not get any then?

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:54:15 PM

'First time is free' method to introduce a scam loansharking currency for idiots. I like your methods sir! If I was interested in owning closed source, scam currency virtual debt I would totally bite!
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

'First time is free' method to introduce a scam loansharking currency for idiots. I like your methods sir! If I was interested in owning closed source, scam currency virtual debt I would totally bite!

Ummmm, I don't understand? I know on this forum everybody is looking out for scammers, but how am I scamming anybody? It is not exactly free, but it is not loan-sharking either. I am offering a friendly service to let people borrow some XRP so they can start using Ripple. 'First time is free' implies there will be a second time, and as far as I know people only need to borrow XRP once to get started, they will never need a starter loan again.

This thread is not about the pros or cons of Ripple or XRP, if you want to talk about those things please go to the proper thread, there are plenty to chose from.

I do wonder if I posted in the right board, this thread is about loaning XRP, so I figured it would fit in Alt-Currencies, but now that I think about it, it is also about loaning, so that would go into the lending section? Should I move it?

dchapes

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:01:05 PM

[all emphasis added by Pzi4nk]

Dchapes, I enjoy your explanations here and on the Ripple forum but I think you're being too hard on bitcoinbear, at least on the point of knowing how much XRP is required to have in your account.
Indeed I believe you are correct. Looking at some of bitcoinbear's posts shows no sign of the type of thing I incorrectly assumed by his participation in the BTC/TF thing and trusting TF (which is still unwise; I strongly advise him to review his trust settings; his current settings are akin to mis-configuring his firewall). As for my initial post to this topic, as the saying goes, "ass-u-me" and you make an ass of u and me. Smiley

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:24:33 PM

XRP loaned to Pzi4nk and returned.

Very interested!

rstygP72hSqUfZHfvQHeiefLcB3CNWr4N2

Marbit, if you still want the starter loan, I will send later today.

QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:44:03 PM

I got 3,000 XRP from the "Ripple Giveaway" thread yesterday May 22nd...
It takes about 24 hours... and is worth about 3/8 BTC = $45 USD.
SolidSnke

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 02:48:52 PM

You can totally send me some ... doubt i will pay it back but sure send me all you can  Grin

Also when you send your goons to collect, I live a 1600 pennsylvania ave, Washington DC

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:50:50 PM

You can totally send me some ... doubt i will pay it back but sure send me all you can  Grin

Also when you send your goons to collect, I live a 1600 pennsylvania ave, Washington DC

So ... you are admitting to being a scammer?

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:57:22 PM

Looking at some of bitcoinbear's posts shows no sign of the type of thing I incorrectly assumed by his participation in the BTC/TF thing and trusting TF (which is still unwise; I strongly advise him to review his trust settings; his current settings are akin to mis-configuring his firewall). As for my initial post to this topic, as the saying goes, "ass-u-me" and you make an ass of u and me. Smiley

Yeah, I am curious of how Ripple will turn out and I think it will be useful in some situations, and I think Ripple and Bitcoin are complementary, but I am not a Ripple cheerleader like some people on the forum.

TradeFortress didn't send me any BTC (maybe I was too late?), I have removed my trust from him, and I suggest to anybody else who extended him trust that they remove it as well.

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:36:48 PM

I got 3,000 XRP from the "Ripple Giveaway" thread yesterday May 22nd...
It takes about 24 hours... and is worth about 3/8 BTC = $45 USD.

Wow, they were giving away 40,000 XRP when the giveaway started, the amount given away has really gone down quite a bit. But 3000 XRP is still many more than you will need in a lifetime of using Ripple.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: