Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demystify Bitcoin(BTC), Bitcoin Cash, and Segwit Support.  (Read 278 times)
markmunro2018 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

Hello, Fellow Bitcoin enthusiasts…

A brief intro, IT professional, working as a researcher, been programming since 1992.
Recently discovered Bitcoin, and support fully Bitcoin core developers.

Today I run Bitcoin on Debian, as a full node.  I do own a small amount of Bitcoin and hope to offer support to this forum, the community, or anyone who wants to promote the growth of the Bitcoin core community.

As a very new member to this forum, I want to highlight that many new people who discover Bitcoin are completely lost, with all the discussions around forks, and consensus.  Does anyone have a link that clarifies the direction that Bitcoin core is taking, and why?

Personally, I believe it’s the Bitcoin Community who will need to show the world that we are a trustworthy, important, world changing community of individuals who see the opportunity to help others using technology.  Bitcoin today, although somewhat difficult to understand at first, offers incredible benefits to society.  It's up to us to help others see what we see is the future.

Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:48:03 PM

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/

This would probably be a good place to start Smiley

There are other pages on that site that can provide further relevant information too.
markmunro2018 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:37:45 PM

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2017/08/18/btc1-misleading-statements/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: