Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:46:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin cash lost? First time successfully, second time the coins are gone :-/  (Read 434 times)
Feri22 (OP)

Activity: 748
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:56:36 PM

Hello,

i would like to ask about BCH/BCC claim via Electron Cash. I have done this one time already successfully few days after the fork, but when trying to do it again now, it shows me some outcoming transactions and that balance is emtpy.

So to explain, first i have moved my BTC out of the paper wallets, then i have downloaded the newest Electron Cash 2.9.2 from their "official" website http://www.electroncash.org/

I have run the .exe file, imported BIP38 decrypted private keys and it has worked...the BCC/BCH were there, i have sent it to the exchange and sold it. I have left some more paper wallets unclaimed thinking that BCC/BCH could have some big pump, which kind has now...So i tried to add new wallet on the Electron Cash, i have added the 2 decrypted BIP38 private keys and it has imported, BUT there immediately apperead some outcoming transactions but i didn't send any coins anywhere...It was almost immediately after i have imported the private keys...

I don't know if that could be some virus or more a bug, because if it would be virus, why would it work for me in the first time??? I don't get it :/

I had 10 and 10 BTC separated on 2 paper wallets, so there should be also 10 and 10 BCC/BCH...these are the addresses:

1F1KAdCQsFpZTG6DQeg1QSvD7v3tMYHGuL

127iJueRDoffxKKbfTBktDLsbRYXpobR1d

I don't get it why it would have to work 1st time and 2nd time it would be malicious? I didn't update it, nothing

Please is there any way to restore the BCH/BCC coins?

Thank you for help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:10:50 PM

I am assuming this (127iJueRDoffxKKbfTBktDLsbRYXpobR1d) is the address from which your BCC are stolen because they are sent recently and did you tried scanning your pc for any malware? or while redeeming your bitcoins did you exposed your private keys to someone physically?

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:31:08 PM

Hello,

i would like to ask about BCH/BCC claim via Electron Cash. I have done this one time already successfully few days after the fork, but when trying to do it again now, it shows me some outcoming transactions and that balance is emtpy.

So to explain, first i have moved my BTC out of the paper wallets, then i have downloaded the newest Electron Cash 2.9.2 from their "official" website http://www.electroncash.org/

I have run the .exe file, imported BIP38 decrypted private keys and it has worked...the BCC/BCH were there, i have sent it to the exchange and sold it. I have left some more paper wallets unclaimed thinking that BCC/BCH could have some big pump, which kind has now...So i tried to add new wallet on the Electron Cash, i have added the 2 decrypted BIP38 private keys and it has imported, BUT there immediately apperead some outcoming transactions but i didn't send any coins anywhere...It was almost immediately after i have imported the private keys...

I don't know if that could be some virus or more a bug, because if it would be virus, why would it work for me in the first time??? I don't get it :/

I had 10 and 10 BTC separated on 2 paper wallets, so there should be also 10 and 10 BCC/BCH...these are the addresses:

1F1KAdCQsFpZTG6DQeg1QSvD7v3tMYHGuL

127iJueRDoffxKKbfTBktDLsbRYXpobR1d

I don't get it why it would have to work 1st time and 2nd time it would be malicious? I didn't update it, nothing

Please is there any way to restore the BCH/BCC coins?

Thank you for help

This is insanely scary. People always say, "NEVER decrypt your private keys, send the keys to yourself if you want to move between wallets that you own", which is what im going to do, I will send my coins from Bitcoin Core to Bitcoin ABC clients, with transaction, not export/import the set of private keys, because you are exposing yourself doing so...

Honestly I don't know what to tell you. If the coins moved, and you didn't send the transaction, then it has to be a virus of sorts. I would save all relevant data (no executable or anything that could trigger a script) and format the computer.

Did you do the private key exporting with Windows??

You should have used something like Tails and of course with internet offline, to guarantee maximum isolation.

Can you post the address where the coins have been sent to?
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:12:21 AM

Maybe those running the platform has decided to take back what they gave for free, lol…but I’m guessing there might be a virus that stole your private keys or something like that.

I have heard so many people say that they imported their private keys, and it works successfully. But, I’m always afraid of such, so I keep transacting from wallet to wallet and not importing/exporting. If it happened to be stolen, then I’m sorry because there is no way to get it back.

bulala

Activity: 574
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:21:06 AM

i did went trouh the same thing....what i did is scaned my pc and or malwere and i was amaze to fine one and they stole some of my coin but now i go with 2 way authentication..try that also it help
MadPanda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:16:24 AM

i did went trouh the same thing....what i did is scaned my pc and or malwere and i was amaze to fine one and they stole some of my coin but now i go with 2 way authentication..try that also it help
2 way authentication is a must on any wallet or exchange there are way to many hackers taking advantage of a open net and you can never be to cautious.

michau

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:22:16 PM

@Feri22
Please make sure that you imported you private keys correctly. In other words if address of a thief isn't actually yours (in old BTC wallet). This was my case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: