Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can i be a productive miner in the community??  (Read 424 times)
coinocopia (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:02:10 AM

I heard about bitcoin back in 2009 and did not pay it no mind, then i was directed towards it again last month. i do not have a computer anymore, i have an old android phone the htc g2 that i have been mining with that gets 200 kh/s, and i have a tablet the Asus transformer infinity and it gets 600 kh/s. I know those are throwing pebbles at a tank, i have accumulated  .003 bitcoins thus far.

I put together a PC online with 3 7950 in it water cooling etc for $2500 , and i have been reading that with the dawn of asic mining, gpu mining is about to be extinct. I know i cant order the asic miners now they are back ordered to hell.

so how can i get into mining and using bitcoins to make sure the community proliferate? i know i can go and buy bitcoins, but in real wrld settings we do not go and buy money to survive, we work and get wages, and mining is the work to get the wages right?

any avenues suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i would like to create a guide the Poor Mans Guide to bitcoin to have all this info , how to get into mining cheaply and effectively etc.

Together We Mine, Together We Achieve
zahra4579

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:17:15 AM

The best to mine right now is the new alt coins.
CoinSeed

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:51:12 AM

You can use cionchoose to see which one is more profitable
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:08:11 AM

I agree with previous post; since the rise of ASIC your best shot is to mine altcoins. I would say Litecoins (hopefully i won't get banned for saying so  Grin) as the difficulty/reward ratio is quite good. Otherwise, if you are to persever in the BTC mining, you can always check bitcoinx.com/profit/ and see the rentability of your rig
middlemarkal

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:18:40 AM

2500$ is way too much you can go a lot cheaper and hope for ROI before ASIC or mine LTC.

read on there's a ton about cheap mining rig, check the 10$ crate case thread  Grin

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Tywill

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:33:03 AM

Mining Alt-Coins seems to be the way to go, just keep on your toes and figure out which ones are garbage and which are profitable. coinchoose.com is helpful but some of the more profitable Alt-Coins aren't on exchanges yet so they don't show up.  Good luck mining.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 08:36:30 AM

MINE DEVCOINS.

They are merge mined with Bitcoin, so you get both
They release 5,000 coins per block instead of 7 like bitcoin
They are going up in value
They should be 10 cents, but are 20 per 1 penny
They have been worth $10 each over a year ago

Learn More about Devcoins here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210366.0

Devtome thread (Earn hundreds of thousands of coins for free)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210446.new#new

If you are looking for a DVC Mining Pool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210391.0

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:38:37 AM

Mine PXC. See signature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: