Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:15:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is "Bitcoin Cash" in a position to become better than BTC?  (Read 808 times)
sock_info.doNOT.send.$ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 04:32:21 PM

Flame throwers off, please, this is a question:

Lower fees
Faster transactions
The media (sometimes) calls it a 'split', not a fork, which is sad but almost LOL funny?

Free money for the rich and nothing for the poor = Sounds just like the real world.

Mostly based on...
Lower fees & Faster transactions:
Is "Bitcoin Cash" in a position to become better than BTC?
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:56:57 PM

Don't be deceived by those things you stated above and the current surge of BCH value. Soon, BCH will indeed have a place in the cryptocurrency market but I don't think it is in the position to challenge Bitcoin. No one can beat Bitcoin because it has been used and kept by millions by people already while BCH is still a neophyte and it can take time before BCH can reach the level already experienced by BTC.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:30:52 PM

you keep calling bitcoin a bubble and talk about its doom and now ask for my flame thrower off Cheesy
ok let me find the off switch Wink

Lower fees
all the altcoins that i have seen so far have lower and much lower fees than bitcoin cash.

Faster transactions
blocks are being mined at the same speed with bitcoin! 2016 blocks in nearly 2 weeks IIRC. and they both suffer the same flaws that enables a spam attack when they gain enough adoption and people start making more transactions.

The media (sometimes) calls it a 'split', not a fork, which is sad but almost LOL funny?
media calls different things different names from time to time, it is just media!

Free money for the rich and nothing for the poor = Sounds just like the real world.
what does this have to do with your question?

Mostly based on...
no. because the transactions aren't faster and the 8 MB blocks can be filled so much easier than you may think and we will be right where we started 6 months ago but the difference will be blockchain is 8 times bigger now (currently about 140 GB).

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
YesLOST

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:40:11 PM

It's an altcoin. Same question you can ask about litecoin or any other altcoin.

Bitcoin is bitcoin is bitcoin.

The only thing what makes me worry is the segwit2x, whereas the hardfork may become bitcoin.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:46:48 PM

Bitcoin Cash has (apparently) solved Bitcoin's most immediate problem, as is now more profitable to mine. However Bitcoin is still Bitcoin and most economic incentive is still on Bitcoin... With that being said, we can draw our own conclusions, but I think it's still soon to say if Bitcoin Cash will have any kind of support in the future. Completely dependent on what's going to happen with Bitcoin in near future.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:50:37 PM

NO!
Definitely.
I've received some, I sold them for more than what they were worth at first, and now it's gonna crash sometimes. Just look at Ethereum Classic. It still has a few supporters, but it's clear it doesn't have a future.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:54:06 PM

In my opinion , bitcoin cash is just a clone , he wont has same price with the first crypto currency invented . Also I think is just a period time when he reaches this ammount of 900$ and he will be back to 300$ , but you can buy 2-3 bcc and keep them , you could get some profit
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:54:39 PM

At first, or even after some time, bitcoin also had low fees and fast transactions, but as the community started growing and we got a lot more consumers for bitcoin, its fees and transactions have reached this stage where we say the fees are high and transactions are slow. Bitcoin Cash is new as well, so it is having the same qualities like bitcoin, but the challenge for bitcoin cash would be to gather the amount of people bitcoin has got in the time it has been around, and i don't think it can reach there very soon, and by the time it reaches there, bitcoin would go far away from it.
esatceza

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:02:07 PM

Lower fees
Faster transactions

Mostly based on...

With two factors: low fee and fast transaction time, Bcash has overcome Bitcoin's weaknesses. So, I think future BCash will grow stronger than Bitcoin at present. Bitcoin at the moment is the effort and effort of millions of people around the world to contribute to the development of the world's largest virtual currency today.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Jeffreybd

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:02:22 AM

BCH will not be difficult to overcome BTC in all aspects
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:38:23 AM

Lower fees
Faster transactions

Mostly based on...

I think bcc is not yet up to Bitcoin level. It's still too far to get there. Altcoin provides life for the BTC where one's mindset about BTC still has good grades among ALTcoin.
puvanb

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:44:58 AM

Better than bitcoin. One has to ask what does one need to be better than BTC and every other coin out there wants to be better than bitcoin, and some of them are better than bitcoin in terms of technology.
but what does make a coin looks better, price? technology? community? bitcoin with just 2 functions [send, receive] is still the most expensive coin out there. Original does not have to be the best, and anything that doesn't evolve will eventually be left out. With the creation of bitcoin cash and the support behind it with the current price, makes people like me sometimes wonder, what are we doing? It is becoming more of game of greed with pumpers and dumpers.  
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:48:29 AM

Bitcoin is way ahead in transaction volume against bch. Transaction speed and fee is not a good measure of comparison since they do not have the same tx volumes. And bch price growing rapidly isn't either. For all we know, it is just being pumped by a whale.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:55:25 AM

you keep calling bitcoin a bubble and talk about its doom and now ask for my flame thrower off Cheesy
ok let me find the off switch Wink

Lower fees
all the altcoins that i have seen so far have lower and much lower fees than bitcoin cash.

Faster transactions
blocks are being mined at the same speed with bitcoin! 2016 blocks in nearly 2 weeks IIRC. and they both suffer the same flaws that enables a spam attack when they gain enough adoption and people start making more transactions.

media calls different things different names from time to time, it is just media!

what does this have to do with your question?

Mostly based on...
no. because the transactions aren't faster and the 8 MB blocks can be filled so much easier than you may think and we will be right where we started 6 months ago but the difference will be blockchain is 8 times bigger now (currently about 140 GB).

Well, do I need to answer and argue more against your claim? Here is already the detailed breakdown of all your arguments and they're answered point by point.

The sad thing here is that I think there is no off switch to the flame thrower.  Grin
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Lower fees
Faster transactions

Mostly based on...
I really don’t know what this bitcoin and bitcoin cash is all about, based on what I have been reading I have learnt that its still the same with the original bitcoin which I know, just that the new one promises or posseses faster transaction speed
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:20:27 PM

The fork was too sudden. Plenty of people had not time to understand what was going on, to get their coins out of exchanges, etc. Plenty of people today hold BCH without knowing it.

BCH could have had real momentum without that, but considering how it happened, it's just a SHA-256 altcoin with some powerful backers.
azhar700

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:33:15 PM

Bitcoin is way ahead in transaction volume against bch. Transaction speed and fee is not a good measure of comparison since they do not have the same tx volumes. And bch price growing rapidly isn't either. For all we know, it is just being pumped by a whale.

yups ,, that's right. this is just a game. ,, lure investors to come and buy, then after the whale feels a lot of advantages, then BOOM, BCH will fall free and may die. For me BCH is not worth to be compared with BTC which is obviously credibility.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
Baehr123456789

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:44:11 PM

Lower fees
Faster transactions

Mostly based on...
My answer is no. Transaction speed and fee is not a good measure of comparison, Bitcoin is way ahead in transaction volume against BCH

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:00:37 PM

The fork was too sudden. Plenty of people had not time to understand what was going on, to get their coins out of exchanges, etc. Plenty of people today hold BCH without knowing it.

BCH could have had real momentum without that, but considering how it happened, it's just a SHA-256 altcoin with some powerful backers.
Yes the people still not understand what exactly is BCH, but many people are invested just in seeing the price of the coin. And after sudden fall it gains good amount of increment, so people are showing interest on this coin. But I think again it falls like hell. Use this coin for only short time trading. 
sock_info.doNOT.send.$ (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Lower fees
Faster transactions

Mostly based on...
I really don’t know what this bitcoin and bitcoin cash is all about, based on what I have been reading I have learnt that its still the same with the original bitcoin which I know, just that the new one promises or posseses faster transaction speed

Some people see it as Free Money, how many forks can we have will it turn out to be like 10,000 crapcoins = endless forks?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: