Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin writer looking for work  (Read 1630 times)
jnagyjr

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:53:39 PM

"Learning English" and being a Grammar Nazi are 2 different things.

I would never have called him out on this were it not for essentially claiming that he is a professional writer and has the degree to prove it. When you flat out lie like this, it makes the rest of us look bad. Furthermore, he wants 1 BTC per 1000 words (due to his extensive knowledge of the English language), although he, again, is lying to earn money.

You can tell based on the press releases posted on BitcoinPRBuzz alone that he is far less than professional. This leads me to believe that he is attempting to use trickery and false claims to get paid more by people who otherwise don't know better. I have morals and I can't see myself sitting by while things like this happen. They destroy the reputation for each and every one of us, so when people do things like this it has a direct effect on me as well.

I'm not saying it is a problem to point out his errors, I am saying that there is a difference between "Learning English" and being a Grammar Nazi.

I don't see where this comes from, though.

I'm coming from a few posts ago, where I said something like "I didn't know that was supposed to be like that" and you said "English is not a hard language to learn".

Actually, Boelens said "English is not a hard language to learn."

I would like to counter that - for non-native speakers - English is one of the hardest languages to learn due to the meaning of many words being based upon its context.

Proverbs 12:1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:56:20 PM

I would never have called him out on this were it not for essentially claiming that he is a professional writer and has the degree to prove it. When you flat out lie like this, it makes the rest of us look bad. Furthermore, he wants 1 BTC per 1000 words (due to his extensive knowledge of the English language), although he, again, is lying to earn money.

You can tell based on the press releases posted on BitcoinPRBuzz alone that he is far less than professional. This leads me to believe that he is attempting to use trickery and false claims to get paid more by people who otherwise don't know better. I have morals and I can't see myself sitting by while things like this happen. They destroy the reputation for each and every one of us, so when people do things like this it has a direct effect on me as well.

I'm not saying it is a problem to point out his errors, I am saying that there is a difference between "Learning English" and being a Grammar Nazi.

I'm coming from a few posts ago, where I said something like "I didn't know that was supposed to be like that" and you said "English is not a hard language to learn".

I would like to counter that - for non-native speakers - English is one of the hardest languages to learn due to the meaning of many words being based upon its context.

Read the context. This is all based on Psybits insinuating that he's a professional English writer with a honorary degree to prove it. With all the mistakes he makes, there is no way this is possible (or he went to a horrible school). The comment about English being easy or hard to learn isn't based on everyone; it is based on Psybits not knowing even the basics still, even after supposedly graduating with an honorary degree.

Context, context, context.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jnagyjr

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Psalm 15

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:24:43 PM

Read the context. This is all based on Psybits insinuating that he's a professional English writer with a honorary degree to prove it. With all the mistakes he makes, there is no way this is possible (or he went to a horrible school). The comment about English being easy or hard to learn isn't based on everyone; it is based on Psybits not knowing even the basics still, even after supposedly graduating with an honorary degree.

Context, context, context.

I've read the whole thread, and Boelens saying "English is not a hard language to learn." seemed more of a general statement.

The errors shown to be corrected weren't horrible - and I didn't catch them, and I probably would have made the same (I have trouble remembering when to use 'than' or 'then') - but definitely worth pointing out concerning the rest of Psybits' claims.

Also, he said he graduated with honors, not an honorary degree (which implies he was given the degree as a gesture or in honor of something), though the latter is more likely if the rest of his/her known work is of similar or worse quality.

Proverbs 12:1
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 09:18:55 AM

And how does that lead in to "grammar Nazi?" If someone were to run a red light or a stop sign in their car, would you claim that anyone who gives them a ticket is a "driving Nazi" because they expect that people know the basics of the road?

Last time I checked, grammar errors can't splatter you all over the pavement.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:56:17 PM

English is relatively easy to learn compared to one's first language being latin-based.  It's going from latin to an asian language and vice versa that's truly difficult.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:42:55 PM

And how does that lead in to "grammar Nazi?" If someone were to run a red light or a stop sign in their car, would you claim that anyone who gives them a ticket is a "driving Nazi" because they expect that people know the basics of the road?

Last time I checked, grammar errors can't splatter you all over the pavement.

Let's try this with a closer analogy.

You're running a bank and you need to hire someone to run your financials (determine interest rates, handle taxes, things like that). You hire someone that graduated with honor's in mathematics in the field you're dealing with (ie. statistics). After a month, you've found that he has consistently miscalculated your interest rate, taxes, etc. for your bank.

You wouldn't call him out on it because all he's doing is making mistakes (like forgetting to carry over decimals, missing a value in formulas, etc.)? Nobody died, so it doesn't matter how unprofessional he is, right?

The simple fact is that if someone is selling themselves as a highly-rated professional in a field, yet they are consistently making mistakes (check out the last press release he posted for many more examples), they need to be called out. Much like I would call out the mathematics "professional," I feel the need to do that here as well. If I were hiring a mechanic for my car and he had a degree and all certifications to handle what he's supposed to, I would expect that he knows what he's doing. If he started screwing everything up because he has no idea how to work on cars, I'd be pretty pissed off. The same thing goes for writing. Don't sell yourself as being a professional writer when your writing (especially when dealing with things that represent other companies) isn't professional.

Honestly, if you still aren't getting the point, you deserve to be ripped off.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
psybits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:36:49 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 06:47:46 PM by psybits

ranlo is on a personal vendetta to discredit me - as I hired him to write a Press Release and then did not hire him for any further work.

Please see ranlo's Press Release below (and then please see my Press Release further below which was the final published Press Release).

Unfortunately this was unpublishable due to the use of slang, subjective terminology, exclamation marks and - dare I say it - simplistic vocabulary. None of the major newswires would run with this:

In Early 2013, Inputs.io was founded by Lori Bjerk; a new service with the aim of providing an easy and secure way to store, send and accept Bitcoin. This new service is different than others that focus on Bitcoin because it offers:

*Anonymity – All transfers are handled in the inputs.io network, meaning that they are never sent to the blockchain and therefore are not public.
*Safe – because the transfers happen instantly and are not on the blockchain, there are no fears of double-spending attacks.
*Fast – Bitcoin has its own limitations, including up to an hour for a transfer to be confirmed across the network, whereas Inputs.io is instant!
*Trusted – Inputs.io has been in charge of handling thousands of Bitcoins, so they have the experience to do it. Along with this, coins are stored via "cold storage," ensuring that they are kept safe from attackers.
*Sleek – the website looks great, it is very responsive, and it updates in real-time to let you know when you have incoming transfers and when they are pending or confirmed. This means there is no need to keep refreshing the page to see whether or not your money has arrived!
*Frictionless – you do not ever have to leave the page to send a payment. You can do it all on the site securely.
*Scalable – unlike the Bitcoin network that can only handle up to 7 transactions per second, Inputs.io can scale above and beyond that.

It is considered by some to be like the PayPal of Bitcoin, in that you can send money to anyone anywhere, even if they do not already have a Bitcoin address or even know what it is. This means coins can be sent to and from anyone quick, easy and safe. Along with this, because Inputs.io utilizes its own in-network payment system, when coins are sent to wallet addresses they are effectively "mixed" to kill any trace there would otherwise be between users and their wallet addresses. This is anonymity at its finest!

To see the power of Inputs.io, the PayPal equivalent for Bitcoin, head to <a href="http://inputs.io">Inputs.io</a> today!

Here is my Press Release - the final, professional, published product:

Online Bitcoin Wallet Service Inputs.io Enables Anyone To Send Bitcoin Instantly, Securely And Anonymously ‘Off The Blockchain’ Worldwide

In Early 2013 Inputs.io was launched; a free online Bitcoin wallet and anonymous Bitcoin transfer network: featuring instant off-chain Bitcoin transfers and embedded automatic untraceable ‘mixing’ of all Bitcoin transactions. Featuring truly instant, anonymous and highly secure Bitcoin transactions, the Inputs.io platform brings a plethora of key innovations to the table, setting a new benchmark for online Bitcoin wallet services. Anyone worldwide can open an Inputs.io online wallet in 30 seconds or less.

Inputs.io possesses the most advanced anonymity features of any online Bitcoin wallet service. All internal Bitcoin transfers to other Inputs.io accounts are handled in the Inputs.io network: off the blockchain, private, instantaneous and anonymous. Even if the recipient does not have an Inputs.io account, all transactions processed through the public Bitcoin blockchain are mixed and untraceable to any one identity or IP address.

Sending Bitcon directly to another Inputs.io account via the recipients email address has a number of advantages unique to the service. There are no fees; as the transaction does not go through the Bitcoin blockchain it is not subject to a 0.0005 BTC fee. As these transactions are off the blockchain there is absolutely zero risk of double spending attacks. Bitcoin transfers sent to an email address are also 100% anonymous: processed internally without utilizing the public Bitcoin blockchain. Transactions sent to email addresses are also truly instantaneous and confirm instantly. Currently the Bitcoin network can only handle 7 transactions a second, while Inputs.io’s system can scale up to theoretically handle an infinite number of transactions per second: enabling the platform to transcend one of the core limitations of Bitcoin itself in its present form.

Inputs.io’s interface has been designed with ease of use and security in mind. Frictionless buttons allow users to send Bitcoin securely without leaving the page. To further secure users’ accounts, Inputs.io has 2-factor authentication, SSL encryption, password hashing, randomized PIN pads, location-based authorization, GPG auth, and many more cutting edge security features which can be seen at Inputs.io/faq . Advanced security features include a cold storage system protecting Inputs.io wallets against a compromised server, automated and manual security auditing, protection against SQL injections, automatic account locking to prevent brute force attacks and much, much more.

Although possessing the most advanced security features of any online Bitcoin wallet service, Inputs.io was designed to be as easy and intuitive to use as possible. An account can be created in 30 seconds and Bitcoin can be sent directly to email addresses. Inputs.io is a Bitcoin Foundation Silver Member and has experience in handling large sums of cryptocurrency. The platform processes and stores thousands of coins monthly for Coinlenders.com a service which has not been hacked for months. The level of professionalism and security of Inputs.io is a rarity in the Bitcoin world. Due to its innovative security features and its enabling of truly instantaneous and anonymous Bitcoin transactions, the platform is well positioned to become the market leader in the online Bitcoin wallet space of the Bitcoin ecosystem.

To see Inputs.io for yourself please go to Inputs.io

The above can be seen at: http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/online-bitcoin-wallet-service-inputs-io-enables-anyone-to-send-bitcoin-instantly-securely-and-anonymously-off-the-blockchain-worldwide/

Please also bear in mind that all my writing and Press Releases are edited very specifically according to the unique requests of each client.

It was never my intention to humiliate ranlo in public, but sadly I feel I have no other course of action to explain myself and my position in this thread.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: