Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Critique my idea - Buying real estate with bitcoins  (Read 781 times)
Branny (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:38:17 AM

For the past 7 years or so I have really wanted to start a real estate investment trust (REIT).

My preference leans towards microfunding instead of traditional bank loans. Unfortunately to buy rental real estate in the US you either need to buy low performing properties (Tenant occupied, or pre-rehabbed ones) or cash. So, the options are either microfund or do hard money. I have preference to microfunding instead of hard money due to the fact that I can potentially raise significantly more capital and have lower funding costs overall.

The neat thing about cash purchases of real estate is that you usually get significant discounts as compared to financed deals.

Additionally you can refinance the property after rehab and occupancy to continue to buy more and more properties thus producing exponential gains over time.

Here are the benefits to such a venture project -

• Lower risk as compared to equities and other forms of traditional investment
  • Perceived exponential gains over the course of several years
  • Could benefit BTC with more legitimacy as it would likely become a extremely profitable company rather quick, funded by bitcoins. Additionally the REIT could provide discounts/benefits to tenants if they pay in BTC over USD

Risks of venture -
  • Exposure to fiat
  • Exposure to US Economy
  • Trust

Of all of the risks the trust issue hopefully is the easiest one to clear up as I'm already successful with rentals and have been in real estate for a while.

So, i'm looking for feedback on this idea. I'm going to go through with it whether I can get listed on a bitcoin exchange or not (I can always drum up traditional investors) but microfunding it seems to be much more appealing to me.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Branny (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:07:27 PM

No thoughts?
Meltesta

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:45:40 AM

yes, By making the investments in the real estate sector, a person surely gets profit. I like your idea for the investment. But still for more details you must contact the real estate experts.

http://www.selogerneuf.com/immobilier/provence-alpes-cote-d-azur.htm
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:31:03 AM

If you can float it on a bitcoin exchange you will probably find investors. First thing you will have to do is show that you can turn a profit with the venture, and what kind of return the investors can expect in a 1 year timeframe. When you do this its best to show all the math and calculations you used for maximum transparency, and put that information out before you float.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: