Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:04:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Klondike Indonesia (Big Picture Mining Indonesia)  (Read 15405 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:45:47 PM

HI OP. I have some Indonesian friends/ex-colleagues that used to work with me in Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
Will tell them about your new site/product. Hope to talk to you if you come to Kuala Lumpur.

Not sure when I would have time to head up to KL but we will see. Never know if there is a Montessori Conference in KL or something I could meet up with people there once I get something worth showing. You can drop me an Email if you want to discuss things further. There are people organizing builds in Thailand and the Philippines as far as I know it be great to get Singapore and Malaysia going as well.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:54:44 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 09:13:16 AM by Bicknellski

Yah a K16 on a Ras-Pi could do the trick.

To my understanding there is not many data centre's as well and the internet infrastructure is abit lacking at least in terms of speed. Then again I do not rate Australia's internet that crash hot either. (Hurry up with the NBN, the doctor said I need more fibre in my diet)

I would recommend leaving the unit at the school as the problems/issues created can be seen first hand and stimulate ideas that can later benefit a community.

For example it might spark an interest within a student to develop an efficient form of electricity generation because you have then exposed them the power issue needed to create a mining farm but later in life use their creative ideas in rural (kumpung) communities.

Exposing your students to bitcoin is awesome and for an approximately $160 its still very competitive.

The cost for the K1s is really the right market for smaller rural communities or even the K16s if you can work out payment plans. I have some interesting  plans on how to use the boards that students actually build at school.

1. Revenue from the boards will be used to fund scholarships for needy students to the school. The students will be responsibly for running the miners, keeping track of the wallets etc.

2. Revenue from the boards will be used to fund Kiva like microloans to poorer communities around us near our school. Students will run the micro-lending program.

There are some excellent data centers in Jakarta and environs.... http://www.biznetdatacenter.com/?gclid=CNjQuPeWqrcCFfFU4godPDsAyw so hosting the miner for me will be ideal in the longer term as I add to the miners I own as long as I can package it right in rack mount servers the Klego's that BKKCoins has designed seem to me simple and elegant solution.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:07:37 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 04:54:50 PM by Bicknellski

Personally donating the following to help BKKCoins and the Klondike project move forward:

1. 4 x Test Heat Sinks. (4 arrived in Bangkok)

2. 1 x IR Gun. (In Bkkcoins hands in Bangkok)

3. I have pledged donated 0.5 BTC for an Oscilloscope. (Pledged Donated)

If you would like to help support BKKCoins and future development or just want to learn more about the Klondike products you can follow the thread here: https://109.201.133.65/index.php?topic=190731.msg2243906#msg2243906

r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:21:09 PM

HI OP. I have some Indonesian friends/ex-colleagues that used to work with me in Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
Will tell them about your new site/product. Hope to talk to you if you come to Kuala Lumpur.

Not sure when I would have time to head up to KL but we will see. Never know if there is a Montessori Conference in KL or something I could meet up with people there once I get something worth showing. You can drop me an Email if you want to discuss things further. There are people organizing builds in Thailand and the Philippines as far as I know it be great to get Singapore and Malaysia going as well.

Nothing going on in Singapore. Sad
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:27:00 PM

ooo i can order some from you and send it to my family in indonesia. Cheesy

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:18:58 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 05:49:14 AM by Bicknellski

ooo i can order some from you and send it to my family in indonesia. Cheesy

No orders and no shipping, they have to come to the shop here and buy it when stock is available. Bring,  Rupiah, BTC or FRC. Arrange payment same time they come to the shop all good as well. Drop me an email if you want updates or to arrange things once we have tested units.

Okay?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:23:59 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 07:19:25 AM by Bicknellski

Jakarta is a cheap short hop from Singapore but, I am also playing with idea of people sending chips through the agent bringing in parts for the pcb through Singapore. I want to test that with my own chips first. I want to ensure that they get to the fabricator without incident. I will keep you posted or drop me an email if you are interested in that sort of arrangement.

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:41:20 AM

Jakarta is a cheap short hop from Singapore but, I am also playing with idea of people sending chips through the  agent bringing in parts for the pcb through Singapore. I want to test that with my own chips first. I want to ensure that they get to the fabricator without incident. I will keep you posted or drop me an email if you are interested in that sort of arrangement.

ya in Malaysia/KL  they are bitcoin group meeting up once a while etc.. but don't know about Singapore, let me know if you need anything .. we have you and bkkcoins in thailand .. so not much worries if our chips will get assemble. Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:17:35 AM

Jakarta is a cheap short hop from Singapore but, I am also playing with idea of people sending chips through the  agent bringing in parts for the pcb through Singapore. I want to test that with my own chips first. I want to ensure that they get to the fabricator without incident. I will keep you posted or drop me an email if you are interested in that sort of arrangement.

ya in Malaysia/KL  they are bitcoin group meeting up once a while etc.. but don't know about Singapore, let me know if you need anything .. we have you and bkkcoins in thailand .. so not much worries if our chips will get assemble. Smiley

Ya we are lucky to be so close to BKKCoins makes things a bit easier. Malaysia probably has a number of great fabrication shops. Might be fun to get a regional Bitcoin meet up at some point. Thanks Dan if we get stuck on something I will let you know... keen on trying to get it all done right here so I can avoid the hassles of import / export. At times packages can be held for "ransom" and that sucks. I had 3 X6500's come in it took over 15 days to get them released right when there was that fat bubble in BTC price.

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:27:59 AM

declared as gifts or personal used, if you declare for business you will have trouble or asked your supplier to them to send to a duty free place or island and grab it from there off course if this places are near to you maybe bali, otherwise may not worth going there.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:24:30 AM

declared as gifts or personal used, if you declare for business you will have trouble or asked your supplier to them to send to a duty free place or island and grab it from there off course if this places are near to you maybe bali, otherwise may not worth going there.

There are many ways to get things in... I'd prefer to avoid it all costs. Seems to me the fabrication places I am sourcing have a line on getting things into Jakarta and that is great. That is mainly why I will not be shipping these units at all especially outside the country at least for now.

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:15:02 PM

Do drop me an PM if you guys decide to meet up in KL :-) Would be great just to chat up.

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:54:16 AM

Do drop me an PM if you guys decide to meet up in KL :-) Would be great just to chat up.

Cheers

Definitely.... I am all about the beer... ooops bitcoin  Grin

namzycad3

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:00:56 AM

very interested here, but only low quantity, may be like 2-3 unit for my own and 1-2 more if my friend joining me. i am malaysian working @ singapore.

got few question here to confirm, the board will be selling together with the chip? or we have to source the chip ourself and send it to you?

since this is a time frame sensitive equipment, around when we can purchase the working board (wild guess) ?
nii236

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:07:48 PM

The OP said around September if I remember correctly.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:30:30 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 03:52:41 PM by Bicknellski

very interested here, but only low quantity, may be like 2-3 unit for my own and 1-2 more if my friend joining me. i am malaysian working @ singapore.

got few question here to confirm, the board will be selling together with the chip? or we have to source the chip ourself and send it to you?

since this is a time frame sensitive equipment, around when we can purchase the working board (wild guess) ?

What we are planning:

Having at least a 30 to 40 board run with my own chips to test the whole process.
Then doing between another 25 to 100 board run that will be fully complete and tested units that will go on sale as soon as we burn them in after 12 to 24 hours.

Tentative: I am also considering whether those in South East Asia are interested in shipping chips to the agent in Singapore and bring them in to Jakarta and assemble the chips with the boards at the same pricing minus the chips and chips shipping to Jakarta. But I am still not ready to decide that as that would then require packaging and shipping the completed Klondikes. If you are in Indonesia I would have no problem with having people add their chips to my manufacturing run as that would scale the price down depending on the numbers of chips and with that arrangement you can pick them up in Jakarta at our shop. Again if you are interested or want to make alternative arrangements feel free to contact me via email.

First run with my own chips as soon as I receive chips from my Avalon order it will go ahead. Most think chips delivery is Later July / Early August? That means I would have my own boards working in what Late August. That means September / October for the 25 to 100 board run. I will be ordering enough chips for that 2nd run in July or August once I am sure that the processing of my chips into a working Klondike is pretty much going to happen on schedule.

Depending on the numbers and cheap flights coming to pick up finished working units might be worth it for those in Singapore. I will be clear to post video of the units working on the network and be as transparent as possible so that people can make a decision to about coming to Jakarta for something like this. But remember there are no pre-orders and all these units that where I provide the chips will be sold first come first serve. It might be different for those who are sending chips but again I am not certain I want to do that yet. I really want to make sure the supply chain is reasonably safe and secure before doing anything like that. I will risk my own chips before anyone else puts a dime down.

nii236

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:58:09 PM

Are you planning on putting these into an enclosure as well or just supplying the boards only?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:22:23 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 02:37:32 PM by Bicknellski

Are you planning on putting these into an enclosure as well or just supplying the boards only?

Yes and no...  Grin

Depends on the customers and what you are willing to pay. For now it will be just the boards with stanchions as that will be something most people want just get the thing mining at a low cost.

However there are options depending on the number of boards one wants but let me offer what I am looking at for a single K16 and possibly what I will do for my own K256/K512 mining rig that I will set up as the first phase in my Mining Farm.

I.  A K16 could be mounted right into an existing PC if there is sufficient space and PSU power.

II. A K16 could simply have no enclosure and have stanchions.

III. A K16 could be housed in an HDD enclosure bay.

IV. A K16 could be housed in specialty designed aluminum enclosure that accommodates through cabling and a 80mm to 120mm fan in the rear of the case

In terms of larger board orders I think the best way to handle enclosures would be to go for an off the shelf server casing.

I. This could hold multiple K256 layers.

or a nice Fish Bowl and Box of Fans

II. This could hold 2 K256 layers. This is likely the option I will test as I want to set up my farm in a data center in Indonesia so something that is able to rack mount is important for me

Just a few possible ideas. What are your thoughts?

nii236

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:35:20 PM

I had the same idea as you.

I was looking at rackspace rentals in Jakarta to check pricing, but none of them offer general pricing upfront. I was hoping it will be cheap since its Indonesia but I can't be sure! It would save on electricity, but since rackmount rentals/datacentres are for corporate use usually I doubt they have cheap prices for the lowly Bitcoin miner.

What do you think? I was thinking of picking it up from you and heading straight to the rackspace rental place and setting it up there.

I'm also not sure if the datacentres let you install your own equipment into their server racks. It sounds like they just provide cloud storage, hosting and stuff but not actually your own rack space with your own hardware. This place was an exception though:

http://www.ntp.co.id/colo.rack.php#

If that is not possible, I'll just bring the racks back with me without a case (too heavy otherwise) and then bring it home and shove it into a milk crate or server case something.

EDIT: I suspect the K256 boards are far away aren't they? Or will they be available soon after the K1 and K16s?
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:47:41 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 03:03:49 PM by Bicknellski

http://www.biznetdatacenter.com/?menu=datacenter_cimanggis_technovillage

http://www.equinix.com/solutions/by-services/colocation/overview/

http://www.datacentermap.com/indonesia/jakarta/

Drop me an Email about the colocation etc I will be checking out space and prices and will have more information next month.

Yes you can. I am located in closer to the airport so reaching me won't be too bad if you have a day or two in Jakarta could be possible.

If you are looking for a Klego build I think getting chips and then working that out as special build could be possible as that could lower the over all costs for me on my smaller chip run. But ya you would have to shell out a bit of money on the chips depending on what you want to go for. But I think that would have to be a long lengthy talk and determine what you want and so forth not suited to this thread. The larger farm units I am very very interested in designing but not with these 1st Gen Avalon chips... I would rather do that with 2nd Gen as they would I think have a much better economy of scale price and speed wise and that would make say a 4 U rack server a much better beast than what the K16 boards are offering.

Remember the K16 might be a K64 as a single board depending on how BKKCoins could modify it and because they will be easy to daisy chain I am seriously planning to have 2 layers of 256 in my first rig or about 144 GH/s. Just remember I am doing a limited run of boards so there won't be many K64s more likely everything will be K16s and you can daisy chain them. If I have some extra single chips I might see about some K1 Nanos.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: