Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 05:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY small analysis of BitConnect  (Read 564 times)
Coronam (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:18:48 AM

Hey guys,
I'd like to present you my findings regarding BitConnect and what I have concluded after doing my research, I hope it'll save you some time and you'll be able to make an educated decision whether to invest in it or not.
Some of you may have heard or stumbled upon BitConnect, a platform where you can buy BitConnect coins with BTC and lend those BitConnect coins to the platform itself, which in return promises you daily profits (around 1% daily).
When you have gathered 10 USD you can reinvest those in order to get more profits.
In theory, you will earn a bit less than 49.000 USD a year if you start with 1010 USD (and not 1000 in order for you to get more 0.1% daily), your daily profit would be around 1%.

To me, this sounded like a Ponzi scheme and a lot of people on the internet were also very critical of it; however, some facts did strike my attention and I'd like to present you both sides.

Let us begin with the critical points:
1. Approximately 1% profit a day is a VERY high amount of profit
2. BitConnect is stating to use a trading bot to make those profits daily; however, such a trading bot would be revolutionizing and probably they would not share it that easily
3. BitConnect does only exist since February and is thus not yet totally approved
4. The company is not very transparent on where they are located and how exactly they function
5. The 24h trading volume is very low (around 5000 USD according to Coin market cap)
6. Your capital will be locked up for a certain amount of time based on the amount you invest

On the other side, we have also positive points:
1. BitConnect has a current market cap of more than 700 million USD, this makes it very unlikely for the people behind the platform to disappear and it would be one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in history
2. BitConnect is based on a block chain and everyone can mine it
3. BitConnect is really currently giving around 1% profit on a daily basis and it is possible to retrieve this money every day (tested it myself with an investment of 130 USD)
4. You actually get your money back after the stated amount of time (Experience of a good friend of mine)

I am personally a risky investor; however, I do of course like to lower the risk, which is why I recommend the following strategy.
Invest your chosen amount of money and use the daily profits to receive your capital back, this will take based on the average daily profit around 85-100 days, which is only 3 months. If you want to minimize your risk further, I'd recommend withdrawing everyone or two weeks; however, keep in mind your the transaction fees.
After you have your capital back, you are free to reinvest as often as possible, to actually get those high profits.

I decided for myself to invest 1100 USD tomorrow; however, I have to admit that BitConnect is probably one of the riskiest methods of investing your money/BTC.
In case you have any further questions I would like to hear those and of course I'd love to discuss with you about this topic, just like I'd be interested in any further pro and cons you might have.
If you decide to invest in BitConnect I would appreciate it if you use my referral link (https://bitconnect.co/?ref=Coronam) or name me as your sponsor (Coronam), I'll get a small percentage to buy more equipment for my YT channel and you won't have any disadvantages.

Cheers,

Coronam
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 12:45:28 AM

Bitconnect is proved Ponzi scheme (only real Ponzi I came around in altcoins, althoug many others are accused of it)  Roll Eyes

Only people who promoting it are people, who are trying to make money by sharing a ref link (they will get payed for every customer coming from that link).

And here we go again:

• positive review of Bitconnect
  • immediatelly followed by a ref link

Jesus.... .

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:49:08 AM

BitConnect provides referral systems that are similar to multilevel marketing systems in the real world. It gives more value for investors to provide additional income.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:40:46 AM

Bitconnect is proved Ponzi scheme (only real Ponzi I came around in altcoins, althoug many others are accused of it)  Roll Eyes

Only people who promoting it are people, who are trying to make money by sharing a ref link (they will get payed for every customer coming from that link).

And here we go again:

Jesus.... .

The 1% daily interest rate is the biggest red flag for me, but you say it's been proven to be a Ponzi scheme.  Can you share your source(s)?  I'm not doubting you, but all the research I could come up with are just people saying it's impossible to pay out 1% a day.  That's not proof though, that's someone's opinion.  And even though I tend to agree with them I'd like to see someone's hard analysis and proof... as you say. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 04:56:24 AM

And here we go again:

Jesus.... .

The 1% daily interest rate is the biggest red flag for me, but you say it's been proven to be a Ponzi scheme.  Can you share your source(s)?  I'm not doubting you, but all the research I could come up with are just people saying it's impossible to pay out 1% a day.  That's not proof though, that's someone's opinion.  And even though I tend to agree with them I'd like to see someone's hard analysis and proof... as you say. 

I phrased that wrong. It should be "Bitconnect is only proved Ponzi scheme to me".

I did a lot of reading and researching. And I can put coins to 3 categories.

WORTH INVESTING (i don't quarantee any profit)

• Bitcoin
  • Ethereum
  • Litecoin
  • Monero, Dash etc etc etc.............

NOT WORTH INVESTING (because of business model)

• NEO
  • RIPPLE
  • SIACOIN etc etc etc............

To be specific.

For example RIPPLE will connect transfers.
  • Default it will send directly DOLLAR -> EURO (without using RIPPLE at all).
  • Sometimes it can't make directly (eg. DOLLAR -> THAILAND BATH). So they will use middle man. DOLLAR -> EURO -> THAILAND.
  • And sometimes there is no connection at all (DOLLAR -> Somalia). So they will use RIPPLECOIN as a middle man. USA -> RIPPLE -> Somalia. And only then (and for a split of second) RIPPLE comes into a game.

As you can see: more banks that will join RIPPLE, less use for RIPPLE.

For another example NEO (will be renting computing power) or SIA (will be renting storage space). As one of the creators of SIA said: to make business working, they will need stable coin. Nobody will rent computing power or space for 2 SIA/month for a year. Not knowing, if 2 SIA will be worth 10$ or 1000$ next month.

How will they archieve this stability of coin?

• NEO made only 50% of coins available for market. Rest is in their hands.
  • SIA will release 85% more coins in next 5 years.

SCAMS (in long term you will lose all your money)

Bitconnect is only coin, that fully fits into this category.

(these claim are generalized, especially about RIPPLE, NEO, SIA....I made it easier to understand to everyone)

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: