Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:46:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!! Disadvantage to be newbie...  (Read 977 times)
overc (OP)

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:34:41 AM

I have follow bitcointalk more than one year and really enjoy to read that.
Eventually I have decided to participate ASICMiner auction:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209791.0
I have registered for that but I have realised a very sad reality that I can't post into that topic!
And only one and a half hour left to and of the auction!

I think it is discrimination!

Who can help me to make a bet?

Thank you in advance!
BitXCash.com

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:40:47 AM

Thank you in advance!

I doubt anybody who can will be reading this or posting here.  Once you're allowed full forum access there's little-to-no incentive for other users to come visit the Newbie forum anymore.

The mods should set another CRON job / automated rule that says once you've been granted full access you need to come reply to 1 newbie thread per month.  This would get plenty of established users coming back from where they started to help other Newbies
grnlightnet

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:42:53 AM

Thank you in advance!

I doubt anybody who can will be reading this or posting here.  Once you're allowed full forum access there's little-to-no incentive for other users to come visit the Newbie forum anymore.

The mods should set another CRON job / automated rule that says once you've been granted full access you need to come reply to 1 newbie thread per month.  This would get plenty of established users coming back from where they started to help other Newbies

Thats actually a really good idea. I feel like im stuck in the tutorial area that some games make you go through, even though i already know how to play the game.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:44:37 AM

I can probably help you, but not sure how exactly. What is your proposal ?

You know that you can always buy the PT shares, right ? When I was a newbie, I found it more advantageous to buy PT shares - but it is a personal choice.
bohanz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:45:25 AM

Thank you in advance!

I still come back to Newbies occasionally, because believe it or not sometimes good questions arise. Also some folks advertise exclusively here. At any rate I could help the OP bid on some shares. PM me overc
overc (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:52:32 AM

I can probably help you, but not sure how exactly. What is your proposal ?

You know that you can always buy the PT shares, right ? When I was a newbie, I found it more advantageous to buy PT shares - but it is a personal choice.

Yes, I know about bitfunder and PT shares, moreover, I bought some here already.
But now I would like to buy not a small amount but not a large as well... :-), so do it here, in auction way to cheaper than in bitfunder due to shallow butfunder's order book.

Actually I do not know how you can help me. I never bought shares not in a stock exchange before...
I just hope that I will create as many posts as need to participate in auction.
shibaji

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:56:15 AM

Well - I guess you can try to PM the auction owner - that is always a possibility.
overc (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:03:43 AM

Well - I guess you can try to PM the auction owner - that is always a possibility.

Oh! Thank you very much!
It is a obvious and great idea!
I did that!
overc (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:14:54 AM

Oh! Thank you very much!
It is a obvious and great idea!
I did that!

Unfortunatelly the idea only partually works...
Thanks sveetsnelda, he made bid for me, but people become very angry that
he did it on behalf of me, look at that:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209791.msg2207132#msg2207132

Our PM area:
----------------------------------
Overc:
Hello Sveetsnelda!

I would like to make a bet 293@1.91
but I can't post it in a thread because I am a newbie.
I described my situation here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210662.0

Could you help me to participate in your auction?

Thank you in advance.

With the best regards,
Overc.
-----------------------------------
Sveetsnelda:
Sure thing.  Smiley   Just PM me your bids.  I put one there for you.

Thanks!
Overc:
Thank you very much!

Could you explain me how the transaction will happen?

1. Will you provide your bitcoin address for payment?

2. What should I povide to you for transfer shares to me?

3. What time I have after auction finished to pay ?

4. Who will do transfer shares to me and how quck it will be done after my payment?

5. How will I receive dividents?

Thank you in advance.
With the best regards,

Overc.

So, I loose this auction just because I did not raise my price seeing how people are angry about that.

I still think that it is discrimination.
I think it should be possibility for newbie to participate in auction as well.

vesper39

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:27:02 AM

AM auctions occur quite often. Just wait for the next one  Grin
shibaji

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

As long as auction owner is ok with your bid, you are good. Do not consider what "others" say - they are just jealous. Lot of people will say lot of things - this is an internet board - just ignore then noise. This is one piece of advise you might want to follow, and life will become much easier.

If the owner accepts not only through PM, but a note through flying pigeon is perfectly fine. Please, don't get demoralized by crap posts - also just ignore the "status" of people - anyone having hero status means nothing - it just means the user was active in the board for some time - and that's about it. Do not get intimidated.

Only reputation matters - also do not get scammed please - always user escrow if the user on the other side of the table does not have solid rep.

... and yes, there will be more auctions, do not worry.

Best wishes.
overc (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:04:00 AM

AM auctions occur quite often. Just wait for the next one  Grin

Yes, but price is matter... ;-)

As far as I see you are quite experience with that.
Could you explain how direct sale works with ASICMiner?

So, seller receives payment and after that just sends PM to friedcat asking to change bitcoin address for dividents in friedcat's database ?
That it is?

Thank you in advance!
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:30:32 AM

n00b here too - even though I registered nearly 2 years ago I still can't post in the big boy forums. Even after all this time. I guess it's to stop spammers creating sleeper accounts.
saberu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:41:32 AM

bohanz you dirty scammer, pay me the 11.2 LTC you owe me.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
roundmaster

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:38:53 AM

How that work?
umairsaleem004

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:56:30 PM

I think you need 4 hours of browsing in the forum and 5 posts to be able to post there.  You can pm the op. Be careful  use escrow. A lot of scams going on here lately.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

Thank you in advance!

And after 3 months of no posting at all, delete the account. No lurkers welcome here  Grin

yo
overc (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:17:06 AM

Thank you in advance!

And after 3 months of no posting at all, delete the account. No lurkers welcome here  Grin

Hmm, 4 hours and 5 minutes already. 7 posts and still not able to post in big-buys-forums... :-(
bulbous

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:37:05 AM

I absolutely agree with you
Desperately trying to contact forum members in the DIY forum and unable to post or PM
WTF?
stupidnic

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:19:16 AM

I am trying to participate in the avalon chip bulk buy... and having to jump through the hoops. Long time reader, just never had the need to post before. Oh well.. only a few more posts to go.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: