Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:48:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So I have BCC and BTC or what?  (Read 1104 times)
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:46:52 AM

When the fork happened in 1st August, and if you hade total control of your wallet ( meaning you had your private keys) or you left your btc in a 3rd party that accepted and automatically deposited the BCH for you, then yes, you have two different coins in your wallet. You can find some tutorials around this blog about how to separate the BTC and BCH from your wallet. Have seen some doing it well, others lose all of BTC in the process, so be careful.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:50:33 AM

make sure you keep the wallet where your coins are and dont just move coins and delete it, because your coins wont stick together. If you send bitcoin to a new wallet and get rid of your old, you will lose your bcash.

Wow, really? I even know it, so if we move all of our balance to another wallboard BCH we will also be missing? Like that.

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:55:20 AM

make sure you keep the wallet where your coins are and dont just move coins and delete it, because your coins wont stick together. If you send bitcoin to a new wallet and get rid of your old, you will lose your bcash.

Wow, really? I even know it, so if we move all of our balance to another wallboard BCH we will also be missing? Like that.

Of course not, bch will automatically cloned from your bitcoin-private keys, after hard fork August 1st and bch distributed, it will stay on your/exchanges wallet which support bch. No matter what, even you send bitcoin to another address, bch will remain safe in your wallet. I've did that several times.

Looks like Op missed the biggest party of bitcoin, but I guess he can generate bch as long as he has private keys.
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:17:09 AM

Since the hard fork happened do I now have BCC and BTC? Are they both the same coin and I have a choice which one I want and there is a limited time? For awhile I thought that I have BTC and can transfer it over to BCC for a limited time or something like that. After doing some reading though it looks like I have the same amount of BCC as I do BTC and somehow they are stored separately. If it is the later I'd like to figure out how to see this. I'm kind of confused though so help me Bitcoin Community. Help me. Huh

Division happened. And they are two distinct currencies, without any involvement. However, the money you get is BCH, it's not BCC, I think you got it wrong.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

Since the hard fork happened do I now have BCC and BTC? Are they both the same coin and I have a choice which one I want and there is a limited time? For awhile I thought that I have BTC and can transfer it over to BCC for a limited time or something like that. After doing some reading though it looks like I have the same amount of BCC as I do BTC and somehow they are stored separately. If it is the later I'd like to figure out how to see this. I'm kind of confused though so help me Bitcoin Community. Help me. Huh

Division happened. And they are two distinct currencies, without any involvement. However, the money you get is BCH, it's not BCC, I think you got it wrong.

BCH and BCC both terms are used for Bitcoin cash
kuryadi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Buglab.io

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:44:11 AM

Why are you confused? You should have both coins. You have equally beneficial coins. And you will not lose if you have bitcoincash .. let alone you get bitcoincash from your bitcoin results for free .. you should hold your bcc wait a few months .. I'm sure bcc will go up like bitcoin. Although bcc can not beat bitcoin. But you can take advantage of bcc

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 11:53:36 AM

You better have both  Smiley
Horrible advice from a Newbie... BCH is literally a value of 0. It's 100% Roger Ver so unless you are gay for him...
So says the man with all the experience.  The man who doesn't understand what 'literally' means.  The homophobe.  The reason Bitcoin Core is going to flop is because their fan base has no clue at all. 

Buy BCH today at 650 because it will be the new 'bitcoin' in a few months and it will be at $4000.  Mark my words.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:41:18 PM

If you have bitcoin (BTC) and bitcoin cash (BCC) then be thankful because you have both that will give you profits. In those two, the more important thing is bitcoin because it will become your long term investment and the best thing to do with your bitcoins is to just hold it for long term while bitcoin cash will be on a short term investment because since it is free then its price can be turn up or down easily so it is better to watch it and have a target price to sell your coins of bitcoin cash.
TheGodson (OP)

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:32:30 AM

Woohoo! I checked it out on Blockdozer.com. My BCH is there! I'm so happy now. EEek!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I bought Bitcoin a couple weeks before the hard fork and moved it to a paper wallet, because I thought Bitcoin would go up. Little did I know that I would receive free BCH. So now all I have to figure out is how to sell/moving/use it in a safe and secure manner.

It is crazy to think about all those hours slaving away at work and making money and I pretty much just made 4 months of that by buying bitcoin before the hard fork... Of course if it all comes crashing to 0 then that would be a huge disappointment. But for now, I am overjoyed.

MadPanda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:40:42 AM

I still think BCC will raise in value. Not as high as bitcoin but it will have the same ratio value I think I wonder If this will slowdown bitcoins.

Hodl BTC and you will have B2X in Novembero

What is B2X ?

New coin ?
B2X I guess will be what they will be calling the November Segwit fork, it could get quite crazy if people keep proposing these forks of bitcoin.

How can bitcoin possible keep splitting like this without destroying the market? I don't want to sound like a chicken little but why did they just not wait to split it just the one time?

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:57:28 PM

Lol…you seem to be desperate over this. Before the event that took place on August 1st, we were all told to move our wallets to wallets that will accept both stocks (BTC & BCC/BCH), example Coinbase. Which some did. I never did, cause I wasn’t interested. But you can get Bitcoin Cash by backing up your Bitcoin in a different computer and then use the private key to import it to a BCC/BCH wallet.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:58:25 AM

Actually the correct name is BCH (Bitcoin Cash), and Yes, it is 2 different coins.
If you have btc before hf then you will also got bch the same amount as your btc.
But, it's all depends on your exchanges/wallet when you held your btc at that time.
And there is no time limit.

A person in his wallet, in addition to his bitcoin, has a new Bitcoin Cash coin, and he is embarrassed and does not know what to do. The new coin is an altcoin, which appeared on August 1 in purses with bitcoins as a result of its division. And its rate is quite high in comparison with other altcoyins. Then you need to be happy, but he is embarrassed and does not know what to do. These are absolutely different coins and they can be disposed of at their own discretion.
Renniw

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:43:57 AM

I got some BCC and its growing now.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:58:41 AM

If you had Bitcoin and your private keys before August 1st then you automatically own BCH.
The top mod of this forum theymos wrote about how to get them.
You must download a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet and upload your private keys.
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:04:32 AM

I have BTC and some coins are still stored because in the future you later want to use as an investment. for BCC I already sold it and I am more than happy to save BTC.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:16:37 AM

If you had Bitcoin and your private keys before August 1st then you automatically own BCH.
The top mod of this forum theymos wrote about how to get them.
You must download a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet and upload your private keys.

That's partly why I don't want do anything right now. I'm guessing since I haven't heard by now that Bitcoin ABC and Electron Cash are malware, that they are safe, but I still don't feel good about it. Does anyone know about the BCC wallet on BTC.com? Is it like blockchain.info, where you control your own private keys? Or is it a web wallet?

In any case, it looks to me like the BCH/BTC is still in a bull flag. So I probably want to wait to sell, anyway. Maybe after the next wave up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print