Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there not more Charitable/Public Relations BTC projects?  (Read 473 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:31:49 AM

Everyone wants Bitcoin to get recognized, and that seems like it would be really simply if even just 20 fairly well off bitcoiners put some funds together... And I'm not just saying "I wish this would happen".

I get paid next month in Devcoin, so I will put some money towards Bitcoin (this project), since it was what introduced me to Devcoin in the first place.

If we have 20-100 people, that were willing to put 1 BTC (I will donate first) towards this goal. We could afford to make flyers for each of our home towns, and maybe even mailers to be sent to people's houses with a little info about bitcoin and a few websites, like this one and some shops and faucets.

Then eventually as the project gained speed, we could start getting billboards, paying people to wrap there cars and eventually afford a late night commercial ad space, like an infomercial about Bitcoin and a little info on altcoins. I think this is completely possible over the next year or two. Then we could work on making Bitcoin AVAILABLE to everyone, instead of just known about by everyone.

Who's with me?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wdmw

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:13:46 PM

Everyone wants Bitcoin to get recognized, and that seems like it would be really simply if even just 20 fairly well off bitcoiners put some funds together... And I'm not just saying "I wish this would happen".

I get paid next month in Devcoin, so I will put some money towards Bitcoin (this project), since it was what introduced me to Devcoin in the first place.

If we have 20-100 people, that were willing to put 1 BTC (I will donate first) towards this goal. We could afford to make flyers for each of our home towns, and maybe even mailers to be sent to people's houses with a little info about bitcoin and a few websites, like this one and some shops and faucets.

Then eventually as the project gained speed, we could start getting billboards, paying people to wrap there cars and eventually afford a late night commercial ad space, like an infomercial about Bitcoin and a little info on altcoins. I think this is completely possible over the next year or two. Then we could work on making Bitcoin AVAILABLE to everyone, instead of just known about by everyone.

Who's with me?

I was always wondering if/when your "Let the machines do the work" pitch was going to pivot into how you are collecting money for the greater good.
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:39:39 PM

Who's with me?

I was always wondering if/when your "Let the machines do the work" pitch was going to pivot into how you are collecting money for the greater good.

The greater good? I'm just working on getting Bitcoin advertising done.
You guys have some kind of HUGE bias when reading my stuff, and automatically put words in my mouth.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
dadomado

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:06:42 PM

Sorry about the way that you do it in terms of advertising, of course, if you must know, Thanks!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

Who's with me?
I'm NOT WITH YOU.

Here's why.

Look at the bolded sections above.  All yesterday stuff.

Screw them if they are not internet aware. 

If they are, then they can learn about btc on the internet tubes..

Pretty simple, methinks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: