Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, newcomers to bitcoin, how do you view bitcoin?  (Read 617 times)
coinchase (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:37:26 AM

I'm thinking of developing a service. I have a ton of ideas but nothing is standing out as unique or worth my time. So might as well start a convo here. Tell me your thoughts on bitcoin! Here are a few ideas/questions:

What do you want to get out of bitcoin?
What do you feel is missing that would help people get into cryptocurrencies more easily/quickly/smoothly?
Whats a major problem you see facing the bitcoin community?
Do you know what ripple is and what are your thoughts on it?
What would make bitcoin more fun?
How do you most likely see yourself earning btc?
What do you think about cryptocurrencies in general?
What do you think would help you out when it comes to bitcoin transactions/storage/use?
How new are you to bitcoin?

Please feel free to answer any/all questions and add your own!
alkuluku

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

🙏

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 06:59:43 AM

What do you feel is missing that would help people get into cryptocurrencies more easily/quickly/smoothly?
The ability to pay at (almost) any supermarket or bar. Before that happens the masses don't have any reason to even think about cryptocurrencies.

Stripper g-strings that accept bitcoins.

pvtbrutus

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:06:43 AM

The problem with BTC is that the learningcurve to use them is way to high to be a widespread acceptable currency. I work in a computer shop and experience everyday how lazy/stupid the general population is. Most cant find the "Windows" key on a keyboard...

So in order for the general population to use BTC a lot has to change or be hidden in order to overcome this hurdle and make it easier.
madkind

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:38:58 AM

I want it to dethrone Paypal, and have an Ebay like marketplace.
lizardflix

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:53:15 AM

I want it to become as easy to use as any other fiat currency.  The UI is horrible right now and for it to move forward with the general population it has to become as simple as logging into Amazon etc.  I'm a big fan of the technology but we are reaching a point in its maturation where it needs to become easy to understand and use by everybody who shops at Walmart. 

That's all I want.
umair131

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:10:08 AM

When first know it. I think to myself this is it. I became a fan of bitcoin eversince.
yurtesen

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:27:13 AM

In same order:

I want to use it.
Getting people educated in how to use computers and not be scared of them.
The ever growing size of blockchain file is worrying me Smiley
-
Money doesnt have to be fun. But it would be good if all the POS machines around the world accepted bitcoins. Do that!
Buying or mining
They are good for "people" bad for bankers :p
I am not sure
Not so new
meisenst

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:45:36 AM

The #1 thing I hear about BTC from people who don't really know about it is "aren't those used to do illegal things?".

Bitcoins need less FUD. =(
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:25:00 AM

I'm thinking of developing a service. I have a ton of ideas but nothing is standing out as unique or worth my time. So might as well start a convo here. Tell me your thoughts on bitcoin! Here are a few ideas/questions:

Wealthy?

Audited bitcoin banks with insured deposits.

Security of wallet, ease of safe use for non-technical types.

Do you know what ripple is

Yes.

and what are your thoughts on it?

meh.

More volatility.

Very interesting.

What do you think would help you out when it comes to bitcoin transactions/storage/use?

Audited bitcoin banks with insured deposits.

15 months.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:30:02 PM

Stripper g-strings that accept bitcoins.

Pimp Coin. You're welcome.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:45:09 PM

A private space colony, so that I (and others who think like me) can finally get off this rock for good. It should only cost half a trillion dollars or so to build. I reckon Bitcoin can take me there. Hmm, maybe not.

More accessible exchanges.

The same problem that faces all communities: too many stupid people.

Do you know what ripple is and what are your thoughts on it?
Yes. My thoughts? It's all going to end in tears.

It's money. Money isn't supposed to be fun. Money is supposed to buy fun. If your money itself is fun, there's something wrong with it.

How do you most likely see yourself earning btc?
Trading.

In general, most if not all altcoins are just ill-conceived attempts to make their creators rich, as none of them really solve any problem that Bitcoin doesn't and they don't add any real value at all.

I'd like more things to spend them on. That would be helpful not just for me, but also my wallet, as it would increase the value of my coins. Oh, and it'd probably be helpful for other people too, I guess.

18 months.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: