Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:44:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there list of lost bitcoins wallet addresses ?  (Read 1495 times)
btctousd81 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 07:49:30 AM

i am looking to gather a list of wallet addresses which are lost i,e. private keys are lost/stolen/forgotten/destroyed.

i am trying to see if colliding works.

i think i have saw a thread here somewhere but i cant find it.

thanks for your time.

btctousd81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:26:33 AM

thank you captain.,
i appreciate it.

ill be careful next time. i was looking in google.

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:29:41 AM

It's outdated thread, but you can see not only lost bitcoin, but also Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks and Scams at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337
Next time you better do quick search because i find it less than a minute Smiley
It is indeed outdated but somehow a good reference if you are really serious on compiling up on this kind of thing but generally speaking about list of lost bitcoin wallet address I guess it would really be a tough job since knowing that there are things that do happen without the notice of community specially on smaller scale of lost bitcoin but if we are talking about big stolen funds then we would really be able to aware on that one. This is why its somehow hard to pile a list on this one.

btctousd81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:34:43 AM

It's outdated thread, but you can see not only lost bitcoin, but also Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks and Scams at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337
Next time you better do quick search because i find it less than a minute Smiley
It is indeed outdated but somehow a good reference if you are really serious on compiling up on this kind of thing but generally speaking about list of lost bitcoin wallet address I guess it would really be a tough job since knowing that there are things that do happen without the notice of community specially on smaller scale of lost bitcoin but if we are talking about big stolen funds then we would really be able to aware on that one. This is why its somehow hard to pile a list on this one.

actually i am looking for addressess/accounts which holds more than 100 btc and have not moveed btc out of the account., so i can focus on them., and not have to worry about if i accidentally find the private of that address then i dont want to find the wallet empty.

best case is, the guy who threw his old hdd in trash while upgrading the laptop or cleaning the room., he had 1000 bitcoins.,
i hope you get what i am talking about., sorry for my bad english

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:37:18 AM

thank you captain.,
i appreciate it.

Next time dont just search in google. Use bitcointalk also since most of the information about bitcoin can be found here after all, bitcointalk is the official forum dedicated for bitcoin and the place where satoshi nakamoto posted in bitcoin's early days. Now I wonder if you want to add satoshi nakamoto's address to your research because there is a possibility that he forgot his private key or had it destroyed and lost the bitcoins he got in the process.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16834

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:42:18 AM

best case is, the guy who threw his old hdd in trash while upgrading the laptop or cleaning the room., he had 1000 bitcoins.,
You have a better chance finding back the old hdd than randomly guessing the private key.
This guy threw away 1400 BTC.
This guy threw out 7500 BTC.

It's the treasure hunt of the future, instead more diving for old ships filled with gold and silver, digging in landfills.

btctousd81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:45:27 AM

thank you captain.,
i appreciate it.

Next time dont just search in google. Use bitcointalk also since most of the information about bitcoin can be found here after all, bitcointalk is the official forum dedicated for bitcoin and the place where satoshi nakamoto posted in bitcoin's early days. Now I wonder if you want to add satoshi nakamoto's address to your research because there is a possibility that he forgot his private key or had it destroyed and lost the bitcoins he got in the process.

fuck me. now i want to see satoshi nakamoto's posts/threads

dang, i didnt even knew satoshi was bitcintalk's member,

thanks, it would be great if you could direct me to his profile.

btctousd81 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:53:03 AM

You have a better chance finding back the old hdd than randomly guessing the private key.
This guy threw away 1400 BTC.
This guy threw out 7500 BTC.

It's the treasure hunt of the future, instead more diving for old ships filled with gold and silver, digging in landfills.

where are their wallet addresses ?

thanks

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:18:17 AM

actually i am looking for addressess/accounts which holds more than 100 btc and have not moveed btc out of the account., so i can focus on them., and not have to worry about if i accidentally find the private of that address then i dont want to find the wallet empty.

The first 25,000 blocks are all non-P2SH and ripe for the taking. If you want to try to crack (good luck) keys that is the easiest route since the public key is exposed however this would take you 20 years with 1000 GPU's.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:28:24 AM

good luck wasting your time Wink
and here is a link too: https://blockchain.info/address/1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE containing 13.12BTC

--looking for signature--
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16834

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:37:16 AM

where are their wallet addresses ?
That's irrelevant. There's only one way to prove you own a wallet: signing a message.
It's impossible to prove used to own (aka "lost") a certain address.

now i want to see satoshi nakamoto's posts/threads

dang, i didnt even knew satoshi was bitcintalk's member,

thanks, it would be great if you could direct me to his profile.
satoshi

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:51:42 AM

The first 25,000 blocks are all non-P2SH and ripe for the taking. If you want to try to crack (good luck) keys that is the easiest route since the public key is exposed however this would take you 20 years with 1000 GPU's.
What the heck did just read here?  Grin Cracking a lost wallet address with their private keys? Seriously? I do bet you would really have really a very very very very hard time on doing this nearly impossible thing.
If you can able to crack it then good for you but I would bet you would surely waste your time on striving to crack even a single wallet address.

bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:04:22 PM

i am looking to gather a list of wallet addresses which are lost i,e. private keys are lost/stolen/forgotten/destroyed.

i think i have saw a thread here somewhere but i cant find it.

thanks for your time.

I don’t know if there is a lost list of wallet addresses online, but if there is I would like to know the link or
how to access it, there was a time I was having a wallet with $130 btc in it like 2 years back but I lost details when I wiped the laptop.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: