Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to mod MSI RX 470 Armor 8GB OC  (Read 7050 times)
headworx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:27:26 AM

I am using patched Relive 16.2.1 and my hashrate in dual mining mode averages about 26.5 MH/s. Cryptomined on Youtube has a video on how to install and patch it with links to all the files.

Thanks for us, after work Ill try to patch my drivers like video shows, and post comments.

Do you have a samsung memory right? Have you memory clock more than 1750Mhz??
Have you tried 1750 straps instead of 1500? I have read in some MSI cards with samsung memory got better hashrate using 1625 and 1750 straps but not with  MSI Armor version

Million thanks!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackbox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:39:57 AM

I am using patched Relive 16.2.1 and my hashrate in dual mining mode averages about 26.5 MH/s. Cryptomined on Youtube has a video on how to install and patch it with links to all the files.

Thanks for us, after work Ill try to patch my drivers like video shows, and post comments.

Do you have a samsung memory right? Have you memory clock more than 1750Mhz??
Have you tried 1750 straps instead of 1500? I have read in some MSI cards with samsung memory got better hashrate using 1625 and 1750 straps but not with  MSI Armor version

Million thanks!!

Yes, as I've stated several times already I have Samsung memory and I run my card at 1880 memory speed. The straps are all 1500 straps. It works fine with the correct drivers. The mood I posted if for Samsung memory only.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
headworx

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:31:10 AM

Thanks for your mod!! And thanks for sharing your experiences!!

After read and research a little bit, Ive seen that some people using samsung rams increase memory clocks more than 1880 (arround 2000), but you have to decrease your coreclock and core voltage too. I think that to get the best performance, we have to use wattool to optimice each step P1-P7 and reduce power and temp.
Later I will try some tests uning a spreadsheet to know wich could be the best settings. Or do you have already tested?

Thanks again!
jackbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:35:28 AM

After read and research a little bit, Ive seen that some people using samsung rams increase memory clocks more than 1880 (arround 2000), but you have to decrease your coreclock and core voltage too. I think that to get the best performance, we have to use wattool to optimice each step P1-P7 and reduce power and temp.
Later I will try some tests uning a spreadsheet to know wich could be the best settings. Or do you have already tested?

Thanks again!

I dunt use wattool. Only MSI Afterburner and voltage regulator is.locked.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
headworx

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:53:02 AM

Thanks again!

That what im doing till now (with voltage regulator unlocked) always is decrease it. I think that we can squeeze them more increasing memory clock. I think that testing by little steps its not going to die just only get a blue screen. What do you think??
jackbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:00:53 AM

Thanks again!

That what im doing till now (with voltage regulator unlocked) always is decrease it. I think that we can squeeze them more increasing memory clock. I think that testing by little steps its not going to die just only get a blue screen. What do you think??

I am happy where it is humming along stable. When I push the memory speed above 2000 it gets unstable. I would rather have it running 24/7 than have stability issues making the rig go down when I am not at home to get it back up and running. Downtime is money wasted. From 1880 to 2000 the difference in speed not worth having problems.

headworx

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:05:45 AM

Thanks again!

I am happy where it is humming along stable. When I push the memory speed above 2000 it gets unstable. I would rather have it running 24/7 than have stability issues making the rig go down when I am not at home to get it back up and running. Downtime is money wasted. From 1880 to 2000 the difference in speed not worth having problems.

After my own tests Ill comment to you my conlussions and spreadsheet results
honorbtc

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:34:35 PM

Thanks again!

https://image.ibb.co/ejojwQ/speeds_09may17.png

I have exactly the same mods, but i can't get more than 23 MH/s. Every change i make in MSI afterburner has no change on MH,  from mem 1400 to 1880, same hashrate. (core from 1050 to 1200, core voltage from -30 to 0). Any idea?
jackbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:36:14 AM

Thanks again!

I have exactly the same mods, but i can't get more than 23 MH/s. Every change i make in MSI afterburner has no change on MH,  from mem 1400 to 1880, same hashrate. (core from 1050 to 1200, core voltage from -30 to 0). Any idea?

When mining I find that often I have to reboot before the change in MSI Afterburner takes affect. Uses the restore settings upon reboot box in Afterburner then reboot.

vinnyfraser

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:59:55 AM

Would anyone be able to get me Rx470 4gb OC bios mod? Everything I've tried just crashes my cards
bozton

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:22:16 AM

What is the roughly coin eth income for mining using this vga in one day.
cmiz87

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:04:04 PM

I have this same card but have Hynix memory. Is strapping the best way to get more MH/s out of this? Currently I'm getting ~20 MH/s with the new AMD Beta Drivers.
cmiz87

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:29:49 PM

I have a 470 4G Armor, and it does 30 easily...

I have MSI RX 470 8G Armor w/Hynix memory. All the timings for memory that I've seen have been for Samsung. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a Hynix?
jackbox (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:28:52 PM

I have MSI RX 470 8G Armor w/Hynix memory. All the timings for memory that I've seen have been for Samsung. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a Hynix?

It is easy to mod. Use ati flash and save the rom. Use polaris editor and change memory straps above 1500 to the 1500 settings. Save the modded rom and flash it using ati flash. You should get higher hash rate but the card might be more unstable. You have to play around with it to find the best settings.

Zucca

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:10:32 PM

Can you share your ROM?
kendric

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:47:53 AM

It is easy to mod. Use ati flash and save the rom. Use polaris editor and change memory straps above 1500 to the 1500 settings. Save the modded rom and flash it using ati flash. You should get higher hash rate but the card might be more unstable. You have to play around with it to find the best settings.

I also have the 8GB card with Hynix memory and tried this but it didn't work.  I tried copying from 1500 first, then 1625 and 1750.  Any ideas?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: