Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex: Minimum amount to trade  (Read 853 times)
_Nox_ (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:48:59 AM

Hi all, newbie here.
Can't find out if there is a minimum amount of BTC required to start making exchange limit orders on bitfinex... can you help me?
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:52:19 AM

Hi all, newbie here.
Can't find out if there is a minimum amount of BTC required to start making exchange limit orders on bitfinex... can you help me?

Please move this to service discussion -> exchanges because trading discussion is about actual trading, not trading platforms.

To answer your question as per my experience(and confirmed by their support FAQs) the minimum for trading is 0.01 BTC per order. It is much higher than most other altcoin exchanges which means that you might want to find somewhere else to exchange if you have a smaller amount.

For all the other altcoins apart from BTC, the minimum order size is 0.1 of whichever coin you are trading in.

Hope this helped.
_Nox_ (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:16:14 AM

Hi all, newbie here.

Please move this to service discussion -> exchanges because trading discussion is about actual trading, not trading platforms.

To answer your question as per my experience(and confirmed by their support FAQs) the minimum for trading is 0.01 BTC per order. It is much higher than most other altcoin exchanges which means that you might want to find somewhere else to exchange if you have a smaller amount.

For all the other altcoins apart from BTC, the minimum order size is 0.1 of whichever coin you are trading in.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for your reply.
Damn, that's too much... i just have little satoshis from faucets... How can i earn 0.01 BTC without using my fiat? ._.
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:31:38 AM

Hi all, newbie here.

There is not a good amount for you to trade. However, one thing you should keep in mind, the transaction fee is 1%, so once you trade, you have to make sure the profit you get is greater than 1%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: