Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth + Pascal or Eth + Sia Coin ?  (Read 4924 times)
sergio-faucetbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 12:17:48 PM

Hello everyone !
I build my first mining rig, and started to mine with Nanopool. I'm quite satisfied at the moment, but I was wondering, if it more worth to mine Ethereum + Pascal or Ethereum + Sia Coin ?
I tried out both , and Pascal seems to be a bit more profitable, but on Nanopool I can see most of the people are mining Eth + Sia , and not Pascal !
Is there a reason for it ?
Does one of those 2 coins look better for the future ?
Thank you !  Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Strebba90

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:58:43 PM

If you want the cards to last for a long time it will limit their use on dual mining.
dual mining stresses a lot your GPU.
however if you want mining in dual mode my council is eth/etc + decred

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 01:20:45 PM

Okay ! Thank you for the advice !!
So if I plan to let my Rig run for a year or more, it's better to mine only ETH or ETC ? So that my GPU lasts longer ?
I'm quite new to mining so good advices are always welcome Smiley

kellypb01

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:21:16 PM

ETH + DCR. More profitable and has minimal impact on ethereum's hashrate
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:25:33 PM

If you want the cards to last for a long time it will limit their use on dual mining.

Is this an actual thing?  I have never heard that dual mining is any worse on your gpus.  I was under the impression that only reason you can dual mine Eth with a select number of other altcoins was because the algorithms have minimal overlapping in what they demand from your GPUs.
papasmurf1337

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:31:31 PM

Depends on what card.

For AMD yes ETH + DCR

For NVIDIA i think ETH + SIA is better.

I think it can not harm to cards if temperature and fan is fine.
If you go not more than 70c and 70% fan speed, all is good.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 01:54:25 PM

Fan speed dont damage card by it self, if u run it at 100% on dirty env. u prolly gona have to change one or two fan sometime. Dual mining put your GPU on stress but if u dont tweak on voltage ( cant on 1xxx series ), and stay at max 70c you are on specs usage so no prob at all.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:38:22 PM

it depends on what you want to do, if you want to cash out now then try both, get your stats and put them into whattomine.com for most profitability, if you want to keep the coins my miney's on lbry

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:52:56 PM

Thank you for all the replies !!
My GPU's are 4x NVIDIA 1060 GTX 6GB (from ZOTAC)

Two GPU's are around 70 °c but the two other are around 76°c and 78°c , do you think it will cause problems on the long term ?
I had to install MSI Afterburner, to make then fans turn at 100% from 70°c or some of the cards were reaching 80°c !

I think it's because these 2 cards are too near to each other, but I don't have the choice , they are on the same 6pin cable to the PSU.

For the 100% fan , it's not a problem if I have to replace some fans sometimes on the GPU , but is it easy to do? and can you order easily fans for GPU on internet ?

Maybe the temperatures are quite high now because it's the middle of summer and I'm in south of France, in the winter the temperatures will drop for sure, but I have no idea how much !

Some of my questions might sound dumb, but I'm really new to it !

tutulfo

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:00:08 PM

Thank you for all the replies !!

Two GPU's are around 70 °c but the two other are around 76°c and 78°c , do you think it will cause problems on the long term ?
I had to install MSI Afterburner, to make then fans turn at 100% from 70°c or some of the cards were reaching 80°c !

I think it's because these 2 cards are too near to each other, but I don't have the choice , they are on the same 6pin cable to the PSU.

For the 100% fan , it's not a problem if I have to replace some fans sometimes on the GPU , but is it easy to do? and can you order easily fans for GPU on internet ?

Maybe the temperatures are quite high now because it's the middle of summer and I'm in south of France, in the winter the temperatures will drop for sure, but I have no idea how much !

Some of my questions might sound dumb, but I'm really new to it !

With Nvidia usually there is more profitable coins than ethereum. Signatum, zec, hush, etc.

I recomend you not go over 75º, in summer you can power limit to 90%

If you want a simple way to test profits and pools I invite you to test my software.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059039

Megaminer - Multi pool / Multi Algo launcher https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059039.0
BTC: 1AVMHnFgc6SW33cwqrDyy2Fug9CsS8u6TM -------   LTC:  LVwuYbAvbMDVapheQBA7o2qQ2mKTEXVDbX
BCH: 1N7wsg4JmWJLP6BuHUP5rwsAXnQjTWPBjr --------  ETH: 0x9b7A01Bf5bD29c66d228d372B5bD1C43cDb78AcC

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 04:20:57 PM

Thank you very much for you answers tutulfo !

I just set down the power limit to 85, and it's much better !!
My Hashrate didn't change, and my temperatures are much lower !
My lowest is at 65°C now and the hotest 70°C and 71°C with then fans at 85% ! Smiley
And the consumption is down from 560 watt to 480 !
Just perfect.

Do you recommend any pools for mining Signatum, Zcash, Hush ?

gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:30:23 PM

If your Zotac cards are single fan versions then they will run hotter than dual fan ones. But at 85tdp thats not a bad temp. Ive got 4 asus dual 1060 6gb running eth+pasc using 340w 91Mh ETH, 440Mh Pasc. Temps range from 50-55c

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
BitAntonius

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:46:44 PM

Try to keep temps bellow 70.

For dual mining on Nvidea 1060 you can also try eth+lbry. Some Nvidea  card have better performance on LBRY coin. Lot's of pools are presented at https://www.suprnova.cc/

If you want to try ZEC (Equihash) mining, as advised for nvidea you can try https://zcash.flypool.org

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:32:14 PM

Alright ! Thanks for the useful infos BitAntonius !
I will try out different things once I reached 0,2 ETH on nanopool and get the pay out, in 2 or 3 days.
Signatum and LBRY looks interesting, I will search a bit more about all these new currencies !

gt_addict : I got single fan version :/ 91 Mh + 440mh pasc with only 340w that's sounds really good !! and 50-55°c really cool.
I'm at 87-88 Mh ETH + 870 Mh Sia , with 480 watt and the temperatures 64°c / 70°c / 70°c / 67°c , the two hottest have the fan at 85%. That is with my power limit at 85.

I tried to put down my power limit to 80, but it doesn't seem stable , it was moving from 83 to 87 Mh Eth , up and down. Should I put the fans up to 90-100% to get them a bit cooler , or it's better to leave it like that ?

Thanks for all your answers !  Smiley

Phillipneoh

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:56:21 PM

Hi,
I'm using AMD Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB. What do you recommend on dual mining? Eth + DCR?
nicso

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:14:20 PM

DCR is not worth mining anymore...sia too.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:58:16 PM

actually, that too heat for GPUs, normally under 70 but I understand weather in your country. when GPUs heat on a long time period, a pasta on the processor slightly drying out and you must replace the pasta on the processor.

the solutions decrease the Hashrate but this will influence your profit or fixed at current settings with using external cooling.

I have the MSI 1060 6GB, one of a fan his broken .the GPU fan doesn't want to spin and cause the temperature to rise sharply because, for 7/8 months, I am setting his fan 100%.

Hagfors

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

DCR is not worth mining anymore...sia too.

Yeah, they made ASIC miners for Sia recently so thats no longer worth mining.

For some reason my nicehash miner still does Dagger Hashimoto + Decred some times, so someone is still paying for that algo.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:23:17 PM

Is this an actual thing?  I have never heard that dual mining is any worse on your gpus.  I was under the impression that only reason you can dual mine Eth with a select number of other altcoins was because the algorithms have minimal overlapping in what they demand from your GPUs.

Dual mining is more stress for the vga card for sure , but im not sure about dual mining is what really shortening the lifetime for the vga cards. I think mining with those cards is shortening the cards lifetime anyway Smiley
Dual mining is more stress , more power usage for the cards , Mining ETH with my own modded bioses consume around 100-120 watts at the wall , dual mining ETH/DCR pulling around 150-170 watts at the wall , depend on the dcri value with claymores miner . The metered watts are not from software measurement....
Im dual mining DCR and ETH for long time, on some of my rigs close to 2 years without a single fan replacement .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
nicso

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:36:02 AM

Is this an actual thing?  I have never heard that dual mining is any worse on your gpus.  I was under the impression that only reason you can dual mine Eth with a select number of other altcoins was because the algorithms have minimal overlapping in what they demand from your GPUs.

Dual mining is more stress for the vga card for sure , but im not sure about dual mining is what really shortening the lifetime for the vga cards. I think mining with those cards is shortening the cards lifetime anyway Smiley
Dual mining is more stress , more power usage for the cards , Mining ETH with my own modded bioses consume around 100-120 watts at the wall , dual mining ETH/DCR pulling around 150-170 watts at the wall , depend on the dcri value with claymores miner . The metered watts are not from software measurement....
Im dual mining DCR and ETH for long time, on some of my rigs close to 2 years without a single fan replacement .

My 6 rx 570 rig is at 860-870 watts, mv 900, modded bios, I get about 172 Mh. One card refuses to work over 25 Mh. Dcri 6.
All cards are Sapphire. I forgot about my XFX RX 460 working on 10 Mh - unmodded.
Do you know If there would be any gains by modding bios and overclocking memory of RX 460?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: