Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:52:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with username  (Read 339 times)
Lori_Cryptonetix (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:31:07 PM

Hi I was wondering if there was a way i could change my username and email on my profile or do I have to set up a whole new acct?
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 07:37:36 PM

You can change your email, but not your username...

Enter "Account Related Settings" to change your email

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 11:18:40 PM

You can send request to Bitcointalk admin theymos to change your username. But you aren't Donator, so it's not likely that he will change your username.
And why do you want to change your name? And you are only Newbie, I think it's not problem to create new account with username that you want.

aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:17:46 AM

Hi I was wondering if there was a way i could change my username and email on my profile or do I have to set up a whole new acct?

yes there's a way that you could change your email. on your profile find the Account Related Settings at the middle left of your browser, and about your username, you must to be a donator and contact theymos for that request to be granted. not 100% sure for that but, there's no more other way than that.

but why? since you are a newbie, there's no big deal to you to make/set up a new account with a username you preferred.
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:39:25 PM

If for the email can be changed follow the steps below.
1. click on profile
2. select the account related settings
3. replace with new email
And for the account name, sorry I can not yet  Huh
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:22:49 PM

You can send request to Bitcointalk admin theymos to change your username. But you aren't Donator, so it's not likely that he will change your username.
And why do you want to change your name? And you are only Newbie, I think it's not problem to create new account with username that you want.

Back in 2010-2011, a user can freely change his/her username whenever he/she wants to, but this was changed in 2012 to allow only Donators and Staff/Admin to use. You can request to change your username, however I don't think theymos still grants this request up to this day.
sheamus10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:40:56 PM

Back in 2010-2011, a user can freely change his/her username whenever he/she wants to, but this was changed in 2012 to allow only Donators and Staff/Admin to use. You can request to change your username, however I don't think theymos still grants this request up to this day.
Sorry master, I just found out there are rules like that in the year 2010-2011 and approximately what now there is another requirement to change the name of our account?
Please help me  Huh
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

Sorry master, I just found out there are rules like that in the year 2010-2011 and approximately what now there is another requirement to change the name of our account?
Please help me  Huh

Assuming you already saw the messages on how to change an email, just PM theymos and him to rename your account. He may do it, he may not.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 03:16:36 PM

Assuming you already saw the messages on how to change an email, just PM theymos and him to rename your account. He may do it, he may not.

You guys should stop sending out this message.  Theymos is a very busy person, and he doesn't have time to deal with trivial change name requests.  Just create a new account.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
sheamus10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:45:02 PM

You guys should stop sending out this message.  Theymos is a very busy person, and he doesn't have time to deal with trivial change name requests.  Just create a new account.
Okay thanks for the response is really very helpful, in fact I just want to know whether the account name that can be replaced or not.
but your opinion is also true when asking with moderators theymos will be difficult and will not be responded let alone for problems like this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: