Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin (BTC) be killed by BCC soon?  (Read 3332 times)
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:04:06 PM

There is no way whatsoever that Bitcoin Cash kills Bitcoin. That is all FUD created by a small group of miners that control under 10% of the hashrate of Bitcoin (formerly) and want to make you think this is the "new Bitcoin". Don't fall for it, people!

But the thing it is happening. If the miners switch to these digital currency, many more will follow. It is a high profit to mine so I will not be surprised if they do.
I think if the bitcoin caah become more popular and valuable than bitcoin, I think Satoshi's coin is really good than bitcoin that we commonly used right now.
Yep, people are pretending to be blind, because this would be too extreme if it happened. Not sure if cryptocurrencies would recover.
TheRakula

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:04:33 PM

I think there is no way that bitcoin cash does this. Simply if bitcoin cash price goes up, this happens because miners earn more profit by mining bitcoin cash. If it's get more valuable miners will head to bitcoin again. Bitcoin cash has no special feature for itself, it's just a clone of bitcoin. Why should people trust it?
Bitforking

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:05:39 PM

Anyone with a right mind can't think that is possible. I mean come one, BCC is just copy/paste of Bitcoin code with changed configuration file, now can a copy ever be better than the original ?

well, the original is segwited, which sound more like a copy with added 'jacket', the original has disappeared!
Gallegher13

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:13:21 PM

I don't think that would happen, let's be honest BCC is an alternative coin no one could replace the original bitcoin.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:17:06 PM

Basically, bitcoin will not be killed by bitcoin cash. They are not the same, bitcoin have a different characteristics compare to BCC.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:19:54 PM

I don't think that would happen, let's be honest BCC is an alternative coin no one could replace the original bitcoin.

We all know that it won't happen, but we don't need to ignore the possibilities of that happening.

Bitcoin Cash' is easier to mine, they are attracting more miners to cone to their digital currency. I just hope the miners are the only one they can attract, because we commoners, do not like BCC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:21:23 PM

I don't know, but the minimum transaction fee using my bitcoin Xapo wallet is 6 dollars!  <----That sucks so I've been doing very few small transactions....bitcoin is more expensive to use than VISA and that can't be a good thing.  I think things are precarious, right at the moment, to say the least!

No it's not bitcoin but it's only xapo who is charging that crazy fee. I mostly use blockchain.info and most of the time the fees are like this, 0.00003 BTC and the highest fee that I ever paid was 0.001 BTC when fork is just on it's way. But right now my highest fee is 0.0003 BTC so this is a big improvement in the part of fees. Don't use xapo anymore.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
PoorLad

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Coinhoarder

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:26:34 PM

Why do people keep asking if BCash will take over for BTC? It is just an altcoin with a scam-ish name.

BTC got some issues that need to be improved, but it is the trusted coin almost all around the world. That hold some serious value

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:56:08 PM

if miners switch to bcc then the difficulty on bcc network will rise, difficulty on btc network will drop
then the tx on mempool bcc net will pile up, on btc will be lessen,
bcc tx fee will slowly adjust higher, btc txfee will slowly re-adjust back to lower fee
after awhile the bcc user will feel exactly what they felt before (on btc)... slow & high fee
the 8mb block will help reduce that problem and attract users for use of bcc
but die hard btc users will stay on btc net and enjoy smooth transactions in this scenario

Will Bitcoin (BTC) be killed by BCC soon?
I would say no, but bcc could probably get some popularity with btc users & new users
hence bcc would be treated as another option for cryptocurrencty like ethereum
but without any significant tech and unique improvement, bcc will slowly be left by common users
as of now bcc is simply btc w/ 8mb block, no new feature such smart contract, dex or anything new
that's only my opinion, for all I know I could have been wrong from the beginning  Roll Eyes

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:03:33 PM

Anyone with a right mind can't think that is possible. I mean come one, BCC is just copy/paste of Bitcoin code with changed configuration file, now can a copy ever be better than the original ?
What are you saying?

Do you understand mathematics, game theory and mining difficulty at all?

This is a very realistic scenario. Don't put your head in sand and look here:

http://fork.lol/pow/hashrate

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks

That is not good news.

That is current situation only. Can you tell me why is BCC better ? Does it have any additional functionality ? Nope. Only reason why it's being mined is because of low difficulty atm. Let me ask you, since you obviously think I'm wrong and BTC will be killed, have you sold all your BTC and bought BCC ?
Yoandy10

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:11:39 PM

spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:36:41 PM

There is no such thing as Bitcoin getting killed by this replica. I mean they are only fighting for rank not killing each other. By means of killing, I mean they are just racing for the top and not making the other coin disappear for the other coin to triumph. It is not like that. But I don't think BCC might outrank bitcoin in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6394

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:48:41 PM

I don't think it will be "killed". It could get a longer "block time" for some time, that's true. In the (unlikely) case block times became so long that Bitcoin becomes unusable (> 1 hour, for example) there is always the possibility of a hard fork to change the difficulty mechanism.

That would be, however, a big hit for the anti-hard-fork fraction in Core. And it would even perhaps lead to a third chain if some miners continued to support the "old difficulty" chain ... which would surely lead to price turbulences.

But it's not a fatal threat.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:09:43 AM

That's basically true of any hard fork upgrade. It's just a slight change of consensus rules and copying the UTXO set. So the question then becomes: are all hard forks illegitimate? Was the DAO hard fork illegitimate in ETH? Because the vast majority of the ecosystem accepts the DAO forked network as the "real" Ethereum. Smiley
TheWolf666 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 04:56:12 AM

What are you saying?

That is not good news.

Yep thanks for the links.

Bitcoin is selling massively right now.
All the Altcoins at ETH are in the red big time.

ETH is loosing too but the loss is minimized by the money taken out from the altcoin which compensate the dump temporarily.

There are all the elements for a doom day for BTC.  Sad

TheWolf666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 05:02:34 AM

What are you saying?

That is not good news.

That is current situation only. Can you tell me why is BCC better ? Does it have any additional functionality ? Nope. Only reason why it's being mined is because of low difficulty atm. Let me ask you, since you obviously think I'm wrong and BTC will be killed, have you sold all your BTC and bought BCC ?

Also yes BCC is better on the paper. It does not have a mining limit and they can adjust the difficulty. It is also more optimized and can process more transactions per min which gives them the flexibility to better adjust the difficulty.
On the long term, BCC is better for miners.

BCC is more profitable for miners. Without enough miners BTC cannot work properly. Remember the 80/20 ratio for the fork? Well we are back to that and see what the market is doing, apparently the traders are anticipating the worse.
The difficulty ratio of BCC will bump 300% soon, but they will re-adjust again and then if too many miners are moving to BCC, it will be the end of BTC. This news alone is enough to take some preventive precautions to insure that our assets are not affected too negatively. People tend to over-reacting.

paijobtcx

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:03:23 AM

what do you mean about kill BCC?
BCC just shit coin i dont knwo why many people strongly believe in this coin. Mine is very difficult, I'm sure without being killed one day will die BCC  Roll Eyes

TheWolf666 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 05:10:46 AM

what do you mean about kill BCC?
BCC just shit coin i dont knwo why many people strongly believe in this coin. Mine is very difficult, I'm sure without being killed one day will die BCC  Roll Eyes

from Antpool twitter today:
"AntPool has already launched BCC mining pool for miners.
We will launch a smart BTC mining service that switch from BTC to BCC automatic."

AntPool is the biggest miner for Bitcoin.

[https://twitter.com/AntPoolBITMAIN/status/899543208106926080](https://twitter.com/AntPoolBITMAIN/status/899543208106926080)

BTC can stop working if the miners are moving to BCC for profitability. Which is happening right now.
BTC will not disappear but it will become unusable and technically dead.

pepoaly007

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:23:10 AM

Really I dont think that bitcoin  more strong than BCC and more support bcc need more time to be here dont worry bitcoin still strong and will be stronger soon
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:27:20 AM

I don't think that bitcoin will be killed by bitcoin cash because bitcoin cash doesn't have enough amount of user and a strong community to take over bitcoin and bitcoin is already here in the internet for a lot of years and despite all the competitors, bitcoin doesn't show any points that it will be killed by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin will stay and it will become stronger for the next years and none of the cryptocurrency can take over bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: