Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:08:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary Bitcoin Trader “masterluc” Predicts $15,000 Bitcoin This Year  (Read 4981 times)
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:37:52 AM

Ask any oldtimer, and you’ll find that masterluc is something of a legend in the Bitcoin community. His main claim to fame is that he called the top of the November 2013 Bitcoin bubble and the subsequent bear market.

On December 6, with the price at $1100, he said:

“Third day in a row I wake up, see charts and ask myself "Is this the end?" and third day in a row answer is "Yes.” End of first historical bullish trend 2010-2013.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/legendary-bitcoin-trader-masterluc-predicts-15000-bitcoin-this-year

Obviously he is a pretty good trader, and has way more experinece than i do.

However, i think that he obviously is biased due to his position in bitcoin, probably bought in too late or something and is now trying to use his publicity to his advantage by saying that btc is going to go up. I am not 100% sure, but he definitely have some sort of motivation for making these sort of predictions.

Anyways, don't think that every single prediction that experts make is going to be correct. Personally i think we are nearing the top of the bubble. The max we'll go this year is likely to be $6k, to reach $15k is a bit of a stretch.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:08:25 AM

Ask any oldtimer, and you’ll find that masterluc is something of a legend in the Bitcoin community. His main claim to fame is that he called the top of the November 2013 Bitcoin bubble and the subsequent bear market.

“Third day in a row I wake up, see charts and ask myself "Is this the end?" and third day in a row answer is "Yes.” End of first historical bullish trend 2010-2013.”

https://cointelegraph.com/news/legendary-bitcoin-trader-masterluc-predicts-15000-bitcoin-this-year

Honestly, anyone can make these sort of claims. It isn't backed by anything tangible, not even sources, reasons.

Just plain old prediction using his gut feeling. Which i know sometimes can be helpful but definitely isn't a reliable indicator of what the market is going to go to, simply because it isn't rational. Traders aren't rational at all, that's why there is potential profits to be made.

I do think that btc is going to go up at least to 5k this year. 15k is 3x that, i don't think it's going to happen. It'll essentially mean that the bitcoin market cap will go to something like 400 billion dollars, which is something i think we will achieve in the long run, but definitely not this year.

Don't forget, corrections can come any moment right now as well. That would slow down growth drastically.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:34:16 AM

He didn't predict 15k by the end of the year. He said his analysis was showing him very little resistance to 15k. The semantics might seem small but there's a big difference between an saying "the price is going to x" vs interpreting what he's seeing in his analysis. The 40 -110K range is where he sees the end of the current bull cycle whenever it actually ends.

Check his tradingview page and his blog. He definitely is of the opinion Bitcoin can reach 15k this year.So he kind of said it, depends on how good google translates russian to english. He even posted that he sees a possibility for BTC to reach 100k!!!!
Search for pentarhudi, bitcoin vanga via google and you will find the sources!
These are pretty brave calls. As I said he was right in the past, but again he is just a human being and past performance doesn't mean he will be right again.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:40:24 AM

However, i think that he obviously is biased due to his position in bitcoin, probably bought in too late or something and is now trying to use his publicity to his advantage by saying that btc is going to go up. I am not 100% sure, but he definitely have some sort of motivation for making these sort of predictions.

Anyways, don't think that every single prediction that experts make is going to be correct. Personally i think we are nearing the top of the bubble. The max we'll go this year is likely to be $6k, to reach $15k is a bit of a stretch.

I can not see any bubble. Just a pretty strong bull run. This run is so much different compared to 2013, 2012, 2011 which indeed had been bubbles with exponential parabolic rises in almost no time!
This time it looks different to me. We run up and very regularly see a decrease of several hundreds of USD before bouncing, consolidating and moving up again. This is a very obvious pattern if you use 12h or daily chart and zoom out big scale since where we started to run back in Q4 2015!
And use log scale, so you can see difference between the bubbles of the past and this long but steady not parabolic upwards movement!
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:54:31 AM

John McAfee obviously thinks it's possible , he's predicted $500,000 within three years.
http://nypost.com/2017/07/19/cybersecurity-legend-i-will-eat-my-d-k-if-i-lose-500k-bitcoin-bet/

I wonder what McAfee will do if he really loses his bet. I would like to see it so bad how he eats his own di** Smiley
But on the other hand, the best course of action for every crypto holer would be McAfee's scenario to come true.
In the context of Mr. McAffee expectations, masterluc's prediction is kinda conservative in its nature.
I wonder if without any major push - (like legal bitcoin acceptance by India, China, Australia or other major players) Bitcoin could really rise as high.
Farstdury

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:55:27 AM

With the big congestion in the bitcoin, if the price is over $15,000, that could be a bubble. Not many users.
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:09:13 AM

That BTC would go up to 15000 $ this year, doesn't sound unreasonable, when upcoming improvements are supported by the majority on blockchain and those improvements would succeed.
RoyBatty

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:13:42 PM

He didn't predict 15k by the end of the year. He said his analysis was showing him very little resistance to 15k. The semantics might seem small but there's a big difference between an saying "the price is going to x" vs interpreting what he's seeing in his analysis. The 40 -110K range is where he sees the end of the current bull cycle whenever it actually ends.

Check his tradingview page and his blog. He definitely is of the opinion Bitcoin can reach 15k this year.So he kind of said it, depends on how good google translates russian to english. He even posted that he sees a possibility for BTC to reach 100k!!!!
These are pretty brave calls. As I said he was right in the past, but again he is just a human being and past performance doesn't mean he will be right again.

I already follow him on tradingview as well as his old thread on here that some users are kind enough to translate his Russian. We are essentially saying the same thing. There is a difference between saying something "can go to x" and saying something "will go to x." He is saying 15k is POSSIBLE due to what he sees as little resistance to get there. He is not, however, predicting 15k by the end of the year.
CoinOp

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:16:08 PM

That's interesting prediction.  This board would see a lot of craziness if BTC hit $15,000 anytime soon.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:19:23 PM

I already follow him on tradingview as well as his old thread on here that some users are kind enough to translate his Russian. We are essentially saying the same thing. There is a difference between saying something "can go to x" and saying something "will go to x." He is saying 15k is POSSIBLE due to what he sees as little resistance to get there. He is not, however, predicting 15k by the end of the year.
I've heard a lot of predictions about Bitcoin, But the fact that 15,000 dollars by the end of this year, it generally beats all records. It seems to me that if this happens, then I will be a very happy person.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:24:44 PM

I wonder what McAfee will do if he really loses his bet. I would like to see it so bad how he eats his own di** Smiley
But on the other hand, the best course of action for every crypto holer would be McAfee's scenario to come true.
In the context of Mr. McAffee expectations, masterluc's prediction is kinda conservative in its nature.
I wonder if without any major push - (like legal bitcoin acceptance by India, China, Australia or other major players) Bitcoin could really rise as high.

He possibly blagged his way out of a murder charge so I'm sure he knows what his mouth can smooth over, that's when it isn't filled with a hooker's turd.

It's now 100% legit in Japan. I don't know what effect that had but it must've been positive. It's in no way illegal in most places.

The one thing countries could do to push it to the stars would be adopting it as some sort of reserve. I can imagine they really, really wouldn't want to do that but just maybe they'll regard it as a prudent move.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:31:59 PM

Does this guy post here? Everyone involved in Bitcoin posts in bitcointalk, so he surely has an account?

Anyway, about the prediction, $15,000 is doable IF we avoid the potential segwit2x disaster. If Jeff Garzik keeps pushing a nonsensical hardfork in November, we may crash and we may go back in time 1+ year in order to recover.

If we can through that and avoid the hardfork smoothly, we can be looking at $10,000 by Christmas for sure, not sure about $15,000, but who knows, once that psychological 5 figure barrier is broken, sky is indeed the limit.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 05:58:15 PM

I am well-wisher of bitcoin, but still it is unbelievable thing for me.
Actually, i have wrote about it and in this link he also predict more about in 2019 bitcoin will be reached at $40,000 - $110,000, he gives us a time-frame and he is sure bitcoin will be come.
But seriously if it will happen than i will speechless. So we should wait to see the price of bitcoin till in the end of the 2017 year, he is right or not. 

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
RoyBatty

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:30:50 PM

Does this guy post here? Everyone involved in Bitcoin posts in bitcointalk, so he surely has an account?

Anyway, about the prediction, $15,000 is doable IF we avoid the potential segwit2x disaster. If Jeff Garzik keeps pushing a nonsensical hardfork in November, we may crash and we may go back in time 1+ year in order to recover.

If we can through that and avoid the hardfork smoothly, we can be looking at $10,000 by Christmas for sure, not sure about $15,000, but who knows, once that psychological 5 figure barrier is broken, sky is indeed the limit.

He doesn't post here anymore but has an account on tradingview under PentarhUdi and also posts on some Russian site. Here's a link to his old thread in which some users are kind enough to post translations of his posts from the Russian board:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=274613.0
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:42:21 PM

I don't think that this time he is accurate.

Honestly bitcoin is going to grow, probably this year we will see that btc will go to $5k and beyond due to the Segwit ativation that is coming in a day or so. But $15k is out of the picture, imo. Sure, next halving we could see this sort of crazy rises but definitely not yet.

Any of us here can also make insane predictions like this based off one lucky prediction in the past. Predicting the dump is easy, timing it is hard. He actually missed the ATH by $250 back in 2013, so take his words with a grain of salt.

Smiley
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:10:50 PM

$15,000 is still cheap...

We have 6 billion people in the world and the top capacity for bitcoin is 21 million coins.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:36:48 AM

$15,000 would be the absolute upper end of my estimation. In order to reach it we would need to triple the market cap, and more. Where is the money going to come from? I don't see it. A more realistic high end estimate is $7,000-10,000. Tongue

I don't see prices like this happening unless it's a bubble or whales pump the price. Those are sort of the same thing because either way it's an artificial price. We are over half way through the year and the huge gains have us at just over $4000. I can't imagine more than tripling that in the last 4 months of the year. It just doesn't seem realistic.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:13:35 AM

We have 6 billion people in the world and the top capacity for bitcoin is 21 million coins.

Yes, obviously it is cheap in the long run but it's not cheap by any means for this year.

Remember, coins were only $400 each(basically Ethereum's price right now) a year ago. Right now it's at $4k, a 10x increase. it is highly unlikely that the user base has actually increased by 10x, but rather it's just the irrational traders making the pumps go further and further.

$15k is a piece of cake in the long run because currently only a million or so users actually actively use bitcoin.

In the long run, this number is going to increase increasing demand. But i'd expect a correction this year, instead of another massive pump.

Smiley
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:19:54 AM

Interesting predictions but i do think that you should take his words with a grain of salt as others have said.

He is invested in bitcoin, no doubt. And he has interest to see others investing in it too. Even if you are some magical speculator that has a 100% success rate, you will be biased one way or another. And you will be influenced by emotions.

Currently, i personally think that it's dead obvious btc is probably going to adjust down to at least $3500. $15k could be possible but the possibliity is very small.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:27:49 AM

of course it is cheap. we all know about the small supply of bitcoin with the growing demand, but it is all about the time-frame. $15,000 will be the value of bitcoin at some point in the future but to say it will happen this year (in about 4 months) is absurd unless he is predicting a huge bubble and that is not possible either.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████