Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:19:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with setting up UNOMP (almost there...)  (Read 383 times)
wakeup923874 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:31:04 PM

I'm trying to get an UNOMP pool to work on my machine, I have a local wallet running, I am able to solo mine directly to the wallet and find blocks. When running UNOMP it throws no errors. It accepts shares, but I'm finding no blocks. I can even connect it to Nicehash and get more than half the network's hashrate directed at my server, get lots of shares, but still, no blocks...

I'm a noob at so many computer things, especially Linux, but I feel like I have come so far I don't want to give up. Would anyone have a suggestion as to what the problem might be?

Screenshot of my machine with UNOMP and sample miner:
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/08/21/Capture7d0a4.jpg

Web portal:
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/08/21/UNOMPportal.jpg

(no idea why picture previews aren't working)

Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:03:10 PM

Hello wakeup923874,

Glad you were able to get uNOMP going over there.

So... I see from your screenshot, you're getting shares accepted by the pool.  Great! That's progress for step #1.
    You actually want to see the miner say a new block was found and that it was accepted.
    This is where inspecting the debug.log of the coin daemon will be helpful should you find there are any problems with blocks being submitted and accepted.

Since this is a toy pool, private instance -- prove it works on the test network before trusting the configuration and mining for hours/days on the main network.
    You'll likely learn whether something needs to be updated in the configuration if you find testnet blocks aren't accepted either.

Nonetheless...  right now your miner is showing shares accepted and not advertising that a new block was found or that it solved a block.

Do you have errors you can share or any errors / warnings from either the miner/ the pool / the coin daemon?

By the way -- which version of node are you using over there?
    I ran into an issue trying to install uNOMP last night, where I used node v0.10.48 and come up with an "undefined symbol: scryptjane_hash" when using the latest sources from the upstream repository.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: