Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:55:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple (XRP) rising?  (Read 3843 times)
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:02:39 AM

Does anyone know why Ripple (XRP) had a good rise today? Not following why it is listed on Bitstamp along with Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ether.
invest2lose

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:25:19 AM

who cares it's not decentralized and they work with banks. also supply is too high /s
xaxistech

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:29:30 AM

I dont know why, but maybe its because of too much demand, like it happens with any other altcoin that is on top 15.
Buy you all people know how ripple works, it goes up, and then goes downx2, so its riskie, but i dont think it can have a nice future.
It is a good coin for speculation if you wanna have big amounts of ripple, just buy 10000, wait until it rises for 1 cent, and you made a profit of $100 easy.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:31:32 AM

Maybe it's this? Wonder what it means..
https://twitter.com/Ripple/status/899725196122136576

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
sylance

Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:59:47 AM

I don't know either and I've looked around for an answer.  I wonder if it can sustain the growth considering it may be a pure momentum play at this point.  Time will tell!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:04:15 AM

Facts about ripple:

#1 Centralised
#2 Large volume, so if it hits even 1$ then it can be a nightmare, but it cant.
#3 Works with banks.. We joined crypto to boycott banks and they are reintroducing us.
#4 Altcoin...better stick to bitcoin.
lakimens

Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:07:40 AM

Facts about ripple:

#1 Centralised
#3 Works with banks.. We joined crypto to boycott banks and they are reintroducing us.
Now, now, don't shit on altcoins just because they're not BitCoin.
Bitcoin is a very old platform that has seen nothing new. The only thing going for it is that it's the first of it's kind.
In my opinion, Litecoin is much better than Bitcoin, same functionality, except that a LTC transaction passes in 2 mins and a BTC in 1 hour..
Having that said, I am not invested in LTC and don't believe the price will rise.
Also, XRP isn't a good investment as everything this guy said is true, except #4 of course.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:44:43 AM

who cares it's not decentralized and they work with banks. also supply is too high /s
Could be another hype that is making the price pump, maybe people are thinking now it's a good start
to pump again and break it's all time high. If the volume will increase, then probably it's worth a ride but know when to sell it.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
SonyEricSon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:18:27 AM

No one knows for sure why ripple prices can go up well today, but I've heard the news that the ripple is supported by 9 banks

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1445

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:57:38 AM

@DustyRah. There was some news released yesterday that Ripple will be expanding in China. Some traders must have thought that it was a good opportunity to go with the news and buy. But I speculate that it will go down once again and continue with the falling trend.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:13:29 AM

Facts about ripple:

#1 Centralised

Do you trade?
Sure you do.
Or what will you do with your self-mining ethereum masternodes you are advertising in your sig... ?
So you are not a single pint better than any member of the financial system.

Enjoy the next BTC fork and grap the free coins like a couple of weeks ago for the only thing you really care of:
Your proft!

Insincere world...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:23:46 AM

Could be another hype that is making the price pump, maybe people are thinking now it's a good start
to pump again and break it's all time high. If the volume will increase, then probably it's worth a ride but know when to sell it.

Exactly we have to be very careful because previously many people bought XRP at a high price. Now those people are kept waiting for the big price pump but it is not happening in the market.
DustyRah (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:18:32 PM

Well, some is buying because it has gone up even higher now. The actual company probably finds opportunities to unload at regular intervals and book their profits. They are the ones who probably have the kind of volume to bring the price crashing down on regular basis.
simonkev

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:42:43 PM

To the moon! Or at least till it opens on the Asian exchanges in 2 days.
faaty

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:50:00 PM

xrp broke the falling trendline and tested it and rised, again broke another falling trendline tested it and risedi. I am expecting a huge increase in the upcoming days. you can check the charts yourselves
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:00:53 PM

xrp broke the falling trendline and tested it and rised, again broke another falling trendline tested it and risedi. I am expecting a huge increase in the upcoming days. you can check the charts yourselves

Just thinking the same the last couple of hours. Too many ignored good news loaded in the past month coming to shoot now. Things might go very fast from now on. Hopefully sustained...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
Bramen

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:08:38 PM

Well, some is buying because it has gone up even higher now. The actual company probably finds opportunities to unload at regular intervals and book their profits. They are the ones who probably have the kind of volume to bring the price crashing down on regular basis.

This is exactly the case, and they even admit it - and of course try to spin it as a good thing. Straight from Ripple themselves here:

We’ll use Escrow to establish 55 contracts of 1 billion XRP each that will expire on the first day of every month from months 0 to 54. As each contract expires, the XRP will become available for Ripple’s use. You can expect us to continue to use XRP for incentives to market makers who offer tighter spreads for payments and selling XRP to institutional investors.

These 55bn XRP represent 55% of total XRP supply, ever. Given there are only 38bn in circulation (out of which ~10bn is held by Ripple), that 1bn per month is a lot of opportunity for taking profits.
Lucacrebbe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:45:04 PM

as I have said, I  believe in Ripple  especially for the long term, I have already  bought, and I wanna  buy  more. and more, and  more.  For me  this  coin is  a probably stable 1/2  $  in  3    years.   It  works  with banks, so  even  people  without cripto knowledge  will use it.

gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:55:50 PM

I agree with that it is centralized but ripple is not controlled of few people and the team does not release ripple constantly. Maybe people hold their money in ripple just because it is strong coin like bitcoin?
Bramen

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:24:15 PM

I agree with that it is centralized but ripple is not controlled of few people and the team does not release ripple constantly. Maybe people hold their money in ripple just because it is strong coin like bitcoin?

Ripple is centralized, the very definition of controlled by a few people and in direct contradiction of your own admission.

And just in my previous post above I showed that they do release XRP constantly, at a pace of up to a billion XRP per month. This was admitted by Ripple themselves.

The number of shills here is incredible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: