Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has soared to new Heights , Now the Crash is starting , R U READY?????  (Read 2035 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:36:34 PM

As someone who bought at the "peak" in 2013 and should of sold out when BTC was at $1500 and "had a chance to get my money back"  YAAA I am holding.  Is BTC $5,200.00 Canadian?  Oooh why yes yes it is.
WITH THAT SAID.. if you think this shit is going straight to $500,000.00 and no dips in between.. get out now.  There is a high chance we dip back down to $1-2000 for years.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:41:42 PM

Risk of losing 50% vs today (still on profit territory for most?)

vs.

Chances of getting a x10 to x50 (balls of steel required)

-> Choose your camp...
(Alts are proably a good way to hedge your game)
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:27:14 PM

vs.

-> Choose your camp...

I highly doubt that alts are a good hedge. Most are heavily correlated to the BTC price.
This is especially true for all of the more than 1000 altcoins, who are not even traded
for fiat directly and are exclusively traded against Bitcoin.

If BTC would crash tomorrow, you would see a bloodbath in altcoins as well.

A better hedge might be something else than fiat or cryptocurrency (precious metals, real estate, stocks...).
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:03:02 PM

vs.

-> Choose your camp...

I highly doubt that alts are a good hedge. Most are heavily correlated to the BTC price.
This is especially true for all of the more than 1000 altcoins, who are not even traded
for fiat directly and are exclusively traded against Bitcoin.

If BTC would crash tomorrow, you would see a bloodbath in altcoins as well.

A better hedge might be something else than fiat or cryptocurrency (precious metals, real estate, stocks...).
Even the top ones like ETH tends to follow variations of Bitcoin market. Altcoin market depend more than what we think, on Bitcoin. Added to that Altcoins are quite risky a bet. Many have encountered loss in Altcoin trading because of the decentralized and unregulated nature of the market. Many things that are considered illegal in centralized and regulated market(Forex and stock market) are prevalent in Altcoin market(pumps and dumps being the major). It is really hard to predict market and hence, becomes the reason for loss. Bitcoin on other hand is the best investment in terms of risks and returns.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:31:32 PM

vs.

-> Choose your camp...
I would probably go for (balls of steel required)  Grin Since im a hodler then selling my bitcoin on any pricepoints wont be possible as of now unless if i see soaring prices already on bitcoin. It doesnt stop to amaze us anytime on the potential peak prices that it do gives this is why i do really believe on this coin no matter what happen im still accumulating coins as many as i can and at the same time i do make hedging on altcoin to make more side income.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:49:11 PM

Only a newbie who is just coming fresh into bitcoin and not only the forum, should be asked to prepare for a crash but unfortunately several people who been long enough and even aware display such level of ignorance. Everyday, I live with the possibility that a crash might happen and that's exactly what everyone should do and be prepared everyday and with that, you won't need to be notified of any preparation.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:09:19 PM

Looking at the steady price i do not foresee any crash in the coming weeks,it is still soaring high and we might have seen the price crashing down in the past but things have changed a lot from that situation,with every price dip there are more buyers and so you wont see that big of a fall at this phase.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:45:39 PM

Looking at the steady price i do not foresee any crash in the coming weeks,it is still soaring high and we might have seen the price crashing down in the past but things have changed a lot from that situation,with every price dip there are more buyers and so you wont see that big of a fall at this phase.

I am really good at forecasting in traditional investment
 But crypto is a lot difficult to do
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:36:24 PM

I am really good at forecasting in traditional investment
 But crypto is a lot difficult to do

I'm into trading stocks and yes, crypto is a lot different and hard to predict. Crypto is really more of a speculative market and one negative news will have a big impact to the market.

Totally agreed, the market landscape has change now. You won't see any big market crash anymore as compared a few years ago. Investors are really quick in putting a lot of orders when they see that the price is going down. I speculate than maybe 10% dip is already huge for some to really enter the market market. And there are a lot still waiting from the outside willing to put a lot of cash into the ecosystem. So I doubt that there will be a crash coming soon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: