Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant Plus  (Read 423 times)
usao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:45:26 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 03:02:09 AM by usao

Just bought a Giant Plus, but only 1/2 seems to be working.
Already checked cabling and power...
Suggestions?

IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:32:08 AM

I own 'more than one'.

Checklist:

- Connect all 4 PCIE and provide at least 150w of power on all rails (Any PSU with 4x PCIE and over 600w should do)
- Make sure the Orange PI works. You should have received one mounted and possibly one lose in the packaging.
- Reboot (doh)
- Post a picture of your setup and I'll try to help if possible

Mine all run about 2-5% over advertised. Yours is running on a single board (1/2). Seems fairly obvious that if you checked power and cables you have: 1. A faulty board or PI OR 2. You have not connected or have a faulty data connector between the boards. The white split cable should connect from the top-port of the 'first' controller side to the top of the other. If you serialize them you run top-top, bot-bot, top-top.

usao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:09:19 AM

Pix of the setup below. The data cable is keyed so only fits 1 way. All 4 of the red/blue lights blink.
invalidnonce

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:18:18 AM

Your cables are wrong. Go to http://www.baikalminer.com/ and click products then look at that picture.
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:30:01 AM

were you looking for a specific price?

my bad
usao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:59:13 PM

Like this?

When I run like this I dont get any devices
IOTUSA

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:40:24 PM

No. You should split the cables (the slide apart) and use ONLY one cable. Connect that single cable from the top-left to the top right (If you use the left controller). That's it. You only use the bottom ports or more than one cable if you serialize multiple units. Baikal can provide you with a PDF of the correct setup.

In short. They provide more controllers and cables than you need for single unit setup. You should only use the controller that was attached when the unit was delivered, the other one is spare. Use only one cable running from the top port of the 'controller side' to the top of the slave side.

If I make it to my office today I'll send you a picture of a correct single unit setup.

usao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:08:38 PM

No. You should split the cables (the slide apart) and use ONLY one cable. Connect that single cable from the top-left to the top right (If you use the left controller). That's it. You only use the bottom ports or more than one cable if you serialize multiple units. Baikal can provide you with a PDF of the correct setup.

In short. They provide more controllers and cables than you need for single unit setup. You should only use the controller that was attached when the unit was delivered, the other one is spare. Use only one cable running from the top port of the 'controller side' to the top of the slave side.

If I make it to my office today I'll send you a picture of a correct single unit setup.
Ok, ill try that when I get home tonight.
1) Split apart the supplied cable into 2 cables.
2) Only use 1 instead of both sets of connectors, going from TOP to TOP.
Correct?
IOTUSA

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Ok, ill try that when I get home tonight.
1) Split apart the supplied cable into 2 cables.
2) Only use 1 instead of both sets of connectors, going from TOP to TOP.
Correct?

Correct. And yank out that second controller unit you mounted on the second board. You should only run ONE controller/network to the unit, no reason to use both and it would unnecessarily require you to run dual network and treat each board as a separate unit.

usao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:26:05 PM

Ok, I removed the second cable and just have the 2 top connectors plugged. Now getting 2GHs as expected.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: