Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Still Have to Buy Anything Using Bitcoin  (Read 910 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:30:23 AM

I have a confession to make: I still have to buy anything online using my Bitcoin. Of course, I am not including the coins/tokens I bought during their ICOs. Except for that, I have not used my Bitcoin for anything because I am actually treating Bitcoin as a way for me to save rather than a currency to spend.

In other words, I am also a speculator just like most of us here. We want to hold on to the Bitcoin we have as much as possible because even if there are times when Bitcoin can dip in value the overall trend is going up. Right now, there is a retreat in the value of Bitcoin but it is just gathering some inertia before jumping into a higher wall.

Are you a speculator or a spender?
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:05:34 AM

Just keeping a part of my savings in btc. It is not a real speculation and at the same time I hardly spend it.
If you want to spend your btc then try to look thru the deep web, sometimes you cand find something interesting (and legal) there. Also I've heared that dell is giving discounts if you buy smth for btc.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:14:29 AM

Both, spend some and hodl some. I have needs that cannot wait for bitcoin to reach above 10K so I have to spend or convert to fiat. But those I can save, I hodl for long term.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:47:01 AM

I used to spend my bitcoin alot back in the day when bitcoin was still around the $1000-$1500 mark, whereas I would use my bitcoin to pay for proxies/VPNs, and occasionally some Steam games,  all those digital stuff as I don't trust other sites enough(besides Steam) to enter my credit card info. As of now it's pretty much just pure speculation and investing, and sometimes trading in and out of other cryptocurrency coins as I'm not willing to pay for $10-$15 stuff online with around $3 fees. I'm not seeing myself using bitcoin for payment again soon, unless this scaling issue gets fixed once and for all.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MattHoo

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:08:40 AM

I suggest you spend some and hold on some as the overall trend is going up. May be some day later you can get a higher in value. Grin

ICO Research:https://icohoo.com
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:10:10 AM

I am a  holder of coins. I don't earn much of them, but think that the potential of bitcoin is really high, and it will reach definitely high value until it stabilizes. But yes, whenever I need something I might aswell buy it with BTC, or buy a gift card with BTC and then do my shopping online.
sanforized

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:30:02 PM

I've never been shopping for something using bitcoin. I use bitcoin to invest. If any information about shopping using bitcoin and profitable for me, then I will use it for the appropriate purposes. Grin Grin
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:08:38 PM

I don't spend, no. I am a hodler   Wink Saving my coins for the big day
cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:02:59 AM

I have a confession to make: I still have to buy anything online using my Bitcoin. Of course, I am not including the coins/tokens I bought during their ICOs. Except for that, I have not used my Bitcoin for anything because I am actually treating Bitcoin as a way for me to save rather than a currency to spend.

In other words, I am also a speculator just like most of us here. We want to hold on to the Bitcoin we have as much as possible because even if there are times when Bitcoin can dip in value the overall trend is going up. Right now, there is a retreat in the value of Bitcoin but it is just gathering some inertia before jumping into a higher wall.

Are you a spe
culator or a spender?
Im still earning a bitcoin for now becuase to be honest im still a newbir here so i hope to get a ot of bitcoin someday but for now if i get btc i will hold it becausr i know bitcoin have a potential to increase.
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:08:49 AM

Same here, I'm more of a speculator  and hoarder of bitcoins rather than spending them. Although there are times I would convert my altcoins to bitcoin for my daily needs but I only withdraw them very often. Like in a month I would probably withdraw them around once or twice, if my daughter also need something from school that's the time I withdraw my converted altcoins.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:19:01 AM

Ofcourse yes you can buy anything by using this but for me first i will  convert it into real money to buy anything like my friend he buys anything that he want becase he have a lot of bitcoin as far as now.
Yuhee

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:25:58 AM

Ofcourse yes you can buy anything by using this but for me first i will  convert it into real money to buy anything like my friend he buys anything that he want becase he have a lot of bitcoin as far as now.

Isn't that how its suppose to be? After earning i tend to spend the profited amount leaving my original money still in a wallet while converting others to fiat cash. I would say i am spender but the money i invested would not be touched until there had been enough earnings. I do agree that most of us here are speculators waiting and hording until its the right time to sell.
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 05:27:48 AM

most of us here may withhold the bitcoin and be made as an investment, just like me too, I do not really use my bitcoin for pleasure, because the trend now is the investment trend .. Grin

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:32:07 AM

On me, i'm actually more lead to speculator than i often spending Bitcoin that i have, cause often i waiting for the price leads at altitude and keep holding of it and sometimes i collect within a month and then i spend some bitcoin i have after selling it to local currency for buying something that i needs.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:37:25 AM

Don't feel bad about it, for starters.

I have bought one thing, about 4 years ago now, online, using Bitcoin. Nowadays I am being more of a speculator and doing the same kinds of things most people are probably doing with their Bitcoin on exchanges, and I am relatively comfortable with that kind of style and performance within the marketplace and community. There isn't really anything that I really want to buy these days, so why not make the most out of what I have available to me?
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:50:44 AM

Same here, I'm more of a speculator  and hoarder of bitcoins rather than spending them. Although there are times I would convert my altcoins to bitcoin for my daily needs but I only withdraw them very often. Like in a month I would probably withdraw them around once or twice, if my daughter also need something from school that's the time I withdraw my converted altcoins.
I always tend to hold just use spare for alt trading as I seen a lots of potential that bitcoin value will rise up but sometimes I also needed to sell some of it
just to filled up what I need, bitcoin as of now help me to pay some of bills because our local exchange have this features.
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:52:04 AM

the same as me, i will rather save for now my bitcoin than to spend, im really  expecting that bitcoin and its value will go up. but ofcourse if something will show up and i really need to buy it and well bitcoin will be the least priority for my finance, for now i would go trading and make some profit on it and see what's the future have for me. Smiley

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:52:33 AM

I used to spend my bitcoin alot back in the day when bitcoin was still around the $1000-$1500 mark, whereas I would use my bitcoin to pay for proxies/VPNs, and occasionally some Steam games,  all those digital stuff as I don't trust other sites enough(besides Steam) to enter my credit card info. As of now it's pretty much just pure speculation and investing, and sometimes trading in and out of other cryptocurrency coins as I'm not willing to pay for $10-$15 stuff online with around $3 fees. I'm not seeing myself using bitcoin for payment again soon, unless this scaling issue gets fixed once and for all.

This has been the trend i am seeing from the last 2 years, People are now becoming speculators,  instead of being spenders, For me personally I have just used bitcoin once this year for payment purposes, This used to be quite higher back in 2014,  I think this is also one of the major reason why bitcoin price has jumped up, because people are spending less and saving more. I strongly agree with you about the payment fees, We need the lightning network implemented asap or less this trend of saving bitcoins will just continue.
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:55:16 AM

I am just a starter so will start earning soon

once income comes soon spending will start

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:56:09 AM

Unfortunately I have to spend all my bitcoin earnings since I started collecting bitcoin wayback 2014 for a living of course paying bills and using as a capital into a small business yes you heard it right instead of holding my hard earned btc before I used it to make a small business and until now its pretty growing I might not holding many btc but I never regret spending it into small family business because Im earning enough money from btc and for now Im slowly earning btc again from bitcoin/altcoin trading and hold some profits if not needed.    

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: