Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC chain is losing hash rate fast  (Read 1014 times)
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 08:34:37 AM

In about 8.6 hours from right now, the Bitcoin Core chain will no longer be the longest.  Massive hash power is moving to the BCC chain.  fork.lol 

What does this mean for Bitcoin Core?

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 12:20:58 PM

Only 100 blocks remain before BCH is a longer chain than BTC!!!  That is crazy amount of hash power moving away from the Bitcoin Core chain.  Are you worried about this?

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:30:25 PM

Only 100 blocks remain before BCH is a longer chain than BTC!!!  That is crazy amount of hash power moving away from the Bitcoin Core chain.  Are you worried about this?
I heard rumors that the Antpool has dedicates some its resources into mining bitcoin cash now, Considering that the coin is in its infancy stages and that means its very profitable to mine may be the reason why lots of miners have started to mine this Alt Coin.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:38:30 PM

Besides a little more security on the BCH chain because of the hashrate, there is nothing to worry about. The longest chain means nothing.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:38:41 PM

The miners have equipment that allows them if you need to switch to mining other coins. What will users do? Therefore in our life there are no trifles, and when men rejoice that there are plugs I was not happy.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:50:32 PM

Besides a little more security on the BCH chain because of the hashrate, there is nothing to worry about. The longest chain means nothing.

You fools keep repeating this lie.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:19:32 PM

Miners will move to whatever is more profitable to them, BCH still China coin with very little usage and very few nodes, also most active development and most experient developers are in Bitcoin Core.

Plus, there's another fork on the horizon and they are going to fork Bitcoin not Bitcoin Cash.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:22:14 PM

In about 8.6 hours from right now, the Bitcoin Core chain will no longer be the longest.  Massive hash power is moving to the BCC chain.  fork.lol 

What does this mean for Bitcoin Core?

It means miners are speculating with a shitcoin trying to make more money, but they will be back to the real BTC chain.

In any case, even if they don't, it doesn't matter, contrary to popular belief, we are overprotected, we don't even need all that hashrate. I mean it's nice to have megagigaterapetahashes or whatever, but we have enough protection for anyone to even attempt any attack.

So if they want to put their hashrate into some shitcoin, then good looking for them, see how that plays out in the long term.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:30:54 PM

yeah i am very worried about this.
bitcoin is dead, last bitcoin block was #481,611
meanwhile last Litecoin block was #1,262,901
and it doesn't stop there, last Dogecoin block was #1,852,715
last Reddcoin block was also #1,859,193

bitcoin is the smallest coin ever because other chains are longer. very good way to measure things. we are in a dick measuring contest right? Grin

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

Since this is not a 51% attack on the blockchain with the original Bitcoin consensus rules, the longest chain does not matter at all.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

Since this is not a 51% attack on the blockchain with the original Bitcoin consensus rules, the longest chain does not matter at all.
Moron.  Keep drinking the Core Kool-aid like all your little uneducated friends who can only listen to the drum beat without ability to figure things out on their own.  Watch that BTC price cave into the BCH price over the next 30 days. 

Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:56:08 PM

I don't think longest chain is important when it comes to altcoins, these are two different coins now, Bitcoin and China coin.

Moron.  Keep drinking the Core Kool-aid like all your little uneducated friends who can only listen to the drum beat without ability to figure things out on their own.  Watch that BTC price cave into the BCH price over the next 30 days. 

Why do you think this will happen?

Have you sold all your bitcoins for chinacoins?

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:10:57 PM

The BCH exchange rate is rising once again. Anyway, I am happy. I am owning almost equal amounts of both BTC and BCH. If one of them goes down and the other goes up, then I don't care. But I will be overjoyed if both of them goes up. 
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:15:02 PM

Someone is fooling around with other coins. But btc is still the most reputable and prominent. Surely this change of heart isn't for forever and miners will come back
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:18:37 PM

Someone is fooling around with other coins. But btc is still the most reputable and prominent. Surely this change of heart isn't for forever and miners will come back
Yes, as soon as the BTC diff drops and the profitability comes back in line.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:19:00 PM

When the difficulty adjusts up on BCH, miners will come back to BTC. The fork has created a situation where we will keep seeing miners jump from one to the other.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:21:45 PM

You need to check this:

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Right now around 76K transactions are in the queue to be confirmed. And for the past 48-hours, this number has been increasing without any drop. And check this one as well:

https://bitcoinfees.21.co

The minimum fee required for instant confirmation has risen to 360 Sat/Byte.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:22:39 PM

yeah i am very worried about this.
bitcoin is dead, last bitcoin block was #481,611
meanwhile last Litecoin block was #1,262,901
and it doesn't stop there, last Dogecoin block was #1,852,715
last Reddcoin block was also #1,859,193

bitcoin is the smallest coin ever because other chains are longer. very good way to measure things. we are in a dick measuring contest right? Grin
I have a pending BTC transfer from Bittrex to Coinbase that is now 3 hours old and still not verified. This leaves a fairly large window of risk where I am not able to liquidate the BTC. 3 hours is a long time in BTC price world. This is 2.5 times longer than my previous longest. The fee was quite substantial as well. Definitely got my attention.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:28:29 PM

What do you think those miners will do once they start poping BCC blocks? Hold them like bitcoins? They'll just dump it all for bitcoins crash the price and come back to business as usual.

RawDog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:38:21 PM

I have a pending BTC transfer from Bittrex to Coinbase that is now 3 hours old and still not verified. This leaves a fairly large window of risk where I am not able to liquidate the BTC. 3 hours is a long time in BTC price world. This is 2.5 times longer than my previous longest. The fee was quite substantial as well. Definitely got my attention.
Took long enough to get your attention.  Some people are a bit slower than others.  Soon, everyone will figure it out. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: