Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attacks on Ethereum platform  (Read 711 times)
gbfoxbat (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:10:06 AM

The other day saw an article that the amount of attacks hacks, phishing etc...have gone up on the Ethereum platform. How stable is it and how easy is it for bad guys to hack stuff on ETH platforms?
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:16:40 AM

They don't hack the systems in the ethereum platform. Phishing attacs are not be like hacking attacks taking advantage of bugs in the systems.

gbfoxbat (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:36:38 AM

They don't hack the systems in the ethereum platform. Phishing attacs are not be like hacking attacks taking advantage of bugs in the systems.

Agreed there was an attack/hack on the Multisig of Ethereum code sometime back. Hackers I guess must be looking at each and every vulnerability to score.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:43:34 AM

The other day saw an article that the amount of attacks hacks, phishing etc...have gone up on the Ethereum platform. How stable is it and how easy is it for bad guys to hack stuff on ETH platforms?

Ethereum has been lately popular for the ICOS platform. The hack don't happen in the Ethereum blockchain itself, but externally.

The most recent hacking trend is

Hackers hijack on website + Slack + Admin account access and replace the ICO Deposit Address From [ Original Address > Hacker Address ]

Especially with the hype of pre sale, everyone just wanted to get in as fast as they could, this results when the ICO is opened, instantly everyone just massively send the ETH
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

if you happen to use slack, you will notice a lot private messages, in particular in channel hosting ICOs, trying to make you log on on a fake myetherwallet website and steal you suff
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:47:07 AM

It wont be easy for attackers to break the ethereum platform. It is completely secured with identity theft detectors. Of course what we are thinking guys, devs know how big their platform is and how much protection it should get from the real world.

Im pretty sure there is no way to get in unless and until they have direct access to the platform keys. These platforms are very restrictive and with atmost secured algorithm.

The attacks are there but all of them are failed one. :-)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:27:42 AM

all the phishing attacks and hacks in that category are different than usual attacks on the ethereum itself. the phishing attack group happen about everything and they are easy to perform. it doesn't have to do anything with what they are attacking.

but the other form is dependent on what they are attacking. for example if there is an exploit in that project like the DAO thing which caused a lot of issues, or the recent hack of their official wallet that led to a huge amount of money lost. these are specific to ETH and so far it seems like it is easy to perform and are becoming very common thing!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:08:42 PM

As the value of ethereum increases, the number of hacking and phishing attacks normally will increase, and I am afraid it will hurt some people.
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:11:36 PM

Yes, I think in a new technology, there must be a lot of bugs that can still be cracked ore hackers, because the bug is the devlopes try to continue to develop their findings, so if the hacker can take a lot of money, I'm sure it's from the bug.

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:20:40 PM

As the value of ethereum increases, the number of hacking and phishing attacks normally will increase, and I am afraid it will hurt some people.
Value or Price? The two are not the same. We know the price of Ethereum but what is the value? The true value is near 0 since it has yet to do anything except ICO scams or get hacked and the DAO, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: