Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right ICO  (Read 1007 times)
payperEx (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 09:34:27 AM

the most important things to look at before participating in an ICO:

•   The team - the founders must have experience and knowledge in the relevant industry. someone who did it before!

•   The token - availability of the coin will and what is the added value of the coin in the ecosystem

•   The future plan- what is the plan of the business and how they are going to achieve it.

what are your thoughts? what do you think is important?
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:37:19 AM

I agree that all of the above is of great importance. Always good if there are photos of the team on the website and other indications of credibility. In my opinion it is always important to choose an ICO you trust in, one that has a vision and is not a one-day ephemeral fling
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:45:51 AM

I agree too, the mentioned three points are what i usually look for.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:47:42 AM

•   The team - the founders must have experience and knowledge in the relevant industry. someone who did it before!

•   The token - availability of the coin will and what is the added value of the coin in the ecosystem

•   The future plan- what is the plan of the business and how they are going to achieve it.

Yeah I agree to you. Before we invest our money to different ICO be sure first that the project is legit and not scam. We must study first the project if it is promising and real.

coolzzz

Activity: 77

Coins

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:55:56 AM

The community around the product and the team is quite important. I usually first try to check if there is some activity by joining their Slack, Telegram and that sort of channels prior to just reading some texts about the product. (some company's can do some real good marketing and write down some interesting point on them selfs, while in fact is it all slang and "fake news!")

L

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:56:52 AM

Does the token really have a purpose, or the system can operate without it and the token is just an excuse for your to donate your money to the project?

Even if the project is terrible or a scam, one can still make money out of it, but if you want to a long term investment the token better have a purpose.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:09:07 AM

Go to icobench website and find an ICO that has a rating higher than 4 will do determine that an ICO is a good one to invest. This is what I do in finding a legit signature campaign.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:10:10 AM

there are many websites evaluating the ICOs like ICOrating, that will be useful
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:15:15 AM

Yes those three points are the most important one but you missed about escrow information on that list. If there are no any escrow in between than it is quite likely that project will turn out to be another scam or team will work really slow even after collecting millions of dollar in ICO.
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:00:36 AM

ICO is one of the most important side so you chose this side very carefully.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
onyok

Activity: 120

BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:51:14 AM

Hello guys.. can i ask your help?
Though i am already a jr. Member but my knowledge is not too wide with ICO. So please can you help about ICO.?
How can i assure that ICO website is not scam.? What are the legit sites for ICO.? and What are the factors to consider in ICO.?
Thanks in advance for your help.

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:55:11 AM

None of the above. Stay away from ICO and wait for the project to be near completed before investing a penny.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:00:44 PM

thats the thing that i use to be see when i am choosing an ico that i want to join and i want to invest for, it is good to see first the platform of the project if you doesnt even know or even understand it there will be whitepaper or a website that has been translated to your native language for you to understand it well but the list that you have been stated above is good.
theOneBeard

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:12:51 PM

For my opinion it's mainly about the determination of the team, if they are really into their thing and it is not absurd, they got adequate milestones and got something working to show to potential investors.
Good points, man.
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:13:25 PM

My own experience in choosing a promising ICO is to look at the Manager and Team Member, and see how interesting the ICO project is. Because many ICOs fail because the program is not appealing to future prospects.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 12:14:50 PM

First of all this isn't the right subforum for a question/statement like this, it has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
This should be in Altcoin Discussion.

Second, everything you list is kinda expected you you before you invest in an ICO, but I would also look at the project itself.

What kind of solution does the ICO offer for a real world problem?
What is the market like for what they're offering to fix?

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:16:25 PM

I am the most important factor and software developers team according to their own thoughts, not necessarily the ad, if developers and software team gives confidence to people, I think there is no problem.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:31:08 PM

Exactly, these three things are the most core thing for us to think about. Where sometimes there are some ICOs that are just walking halfway and after that will become a garbage cryptocurrency. So, it's better for me personally that we follow an ICO with a small amount if something is found to be less convincing, after everything is done and running According to which they plan then can go by buying Cryptocurrencynya
MakaveliTheDon
Copper Member

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 12:49:35 PM

It's all about what is your intention when investing in ICO?

Is it just the quick buy and sell when it hits exchanges and you don't care about the future of the project? If yes, then assessing the hype around the project (which will tell you the demand) and checking the cap (which is a supply limit) is all you need. The higher the ratio (in favour of demand), more can you flip.

If your intention is an INVESTMENT, you will naturally hodl those coins/tokens for a long time and in that case the criteria is the same as investing into a normal company (imagine being a VC ... you can actually check YC and other programs and see what they are looking for when investing into a project/company). So: team, the idea (secret sauce/10X, product/market fit, MVP, potential, ...), competition, market size and market penetration point, timing, execution capabilities, future plan/KPIs ...

I personally am investing, so I don't join ICOs to flip a money, but to each their own, just keep in mind that different intentions need different strategies.

VERITY.NETWORK | Decentralized oracle for smart contracts | Try our ALPHA and earn rewards
phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:56:34 PM

ICO's are like any other investment. You need to do your work.

For me there are a few signs to look for in a ICO

- Strong team - Both in development team and also the CEO's / marketing (no point having a great team to create something, if nobody can advertsie it and push the startup in the right direction.
- Realistic vision - not aiming too high or if they do not reach their target everyone who invested will be disappointed
- Solid whitepaper - Well thought out, shows realistic goals, a strong good vision and a plan of action
- Strong social media presence - A social media that shows they are connected with everyone
- Good customer support - Shows they care, and they have invested time and money into making sure the average investor can ask questions
- Good website - A business who is willing to throw time and effort into a good website are less likely to be a scam
- finite supply - ICO's with no cap can be dangerous and can simply just damage their own coin by releasing more for more investment.
-Market they are getting involved with - Is this a new market? or a dying one? who controls the market?

Finally
- Good concept and catchy name - A good ethos and a name that makes them stand out. Personally i would avoid anything that is something "coin".

If these are in place, then it's a good sign. I am looking at Crowdholding at the minute, seems like a good upcoming ICO (They are in their pre-sale). I like this one because it is about co-creation (Which i am interested in) and also you can get more for your investment as they are in their pre-sale.

https://ico.crowdholding.com/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: