Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop-Loss ideas  (Read 1368 times)
Icaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:05:57 AM

Hello; I'm pretty new at trading crypto. I'm interested about thoughts and strategies about stop-loss percentages and strategies you guys use. at first I would not sell at a loss regardless my motto was "at least 5% profit, always" but if I want to trade more with a limited budget, I need to back out from certain coins even at a loss. that's why I'm interested about this topic.

Stop loss strategy is one of my favorite strategy. We can just prevent more loss buy selling coin in some percentage.
But recently, i more prefer to use averaging strategy in crypto. Since altcoin normaly will go back again after some time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:35:30 AM

Hello; I'm pretty new at trading crypto. I'm interested about thoughts and strategies about stop-loss percentages and strategies you guys use. at first I would not sell at a loss regardless my motto was "at least 5% profit, always" but if I want to trade more with a limited budget, I need to back out from certain coins even at a loss. that's why I'm interested about this topic.

Stop loss strategy is one of my favorite strategy. We can just prevent more loss buy selling coin in some percentage.
But recently, i more prefer to use averaging strategy in crypto. Since altcoin normaly will go back again after some time.

I also prefer averaging rather than setting a stop loss. Sometimes I even hold coins even when it dips too hard just because I am confident on their technology. You understand your TA. If you think it will come back sooner then maybe averaging is nice but if it says it will take time or it is unpredictable then take the loss. 
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:54:20 PM

Unlike Stock market, Stop loss technique is not much successful in crypto-market especially in case of alt-coins. As Crypto market is quite more volatile than the Stock market, being totally decentralized have no control of any agency, it may easily show fluctuation up to 40-50% in just a few hours. If you are a trader than always keep a keen eye on your coin movement and take buy/sell call immediately.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

I think there is no way you can stop loss in business expect you want to stop business
Agreed with this. Actually there is no business in this world that is without loss. Whenever someone is trying to get into business, he is advised and counselled in a better way to make himself ready for the fact that loss is always there align the way. So there is no need to worry about loss and profit. You only have to work hard and rest must be left on luck for results.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:47:31 PM

Yes the back out you talking about is the first thing that we should always care about. For getting successful trade we must always keep the loss track and even if it is good coin and we know that it will come back one should always stop the loss. I do this because there is always vulnerability of the coin going more down than what we are seeing. If it does then it gets very hard to come back from the situation like that. There is also one more strategy one can apply and thats buying the coin (the good one) but with -% of signals currently. Because it gives you pre idea that once the coin is in green zone we are ready to sell! The last week was the amazing one and I earned huge with this strategy on. Hope that the negative signs come up again soon!
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:27:04 PM

Yes the back out you talking about is the first thing that we should always care about. For getting successful trade we must always keep the loss track and even if it is good coin and we know that it will come back one should always stop the loss. I do this because there is always vulnerability of the coin going more down than what we are seeing. If it does then it gets very hard to come back from the situation like that. There is also one more strategy one can apply and thats buying the coin (the good one) but with -% of signals currently. Because it gives you pre idea that once the coin is in green zone we are ready to sell! The last week was the amazing one and I earned huge with this strategy on. Hope that the negative signs come up again soon!

Frowsiter first you say that we know that good coin will come back, if
good coin will always recover price then why you say "one should always sto
the loss"?
   I bought some bitcoins for $4300, soon after price dropped to $3000. I did
not stop cause I knew it will recover, now I am in profit. Choosing coin for
investing in it and having faith is important. Stopping loses is strategy for alt-coins
that are unstable. Always invest in bitcoins, stable alt-coins with future, and wait.
   If you wish to be a trader you need to know how to notice peaks and dips. If you
do not know how to do it you need to practice.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ladner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:54:19 AM

Stop loss is important when you trade so that you can prevent being dumped on and if the price goes lower and you already lose half of the value of your account then you would wish that you should just have sold it when price was way above. Crypto is so volatile so there would be times when it reached your stop loss and then shoot up in which case you will miss out some profits but there are other opportunities to trade. You should always manage risk because it will burn your account if you don't use stop loss. The lower the price gets, the higher the percentage it should go back up in order for you to at least break-even so you might want to think twice of using stop loss or not. Example below:

Percentage Loss     Percentage Rise for the Price to Break Even
5%                             6%
10%                           11%                                                         
20%                           25%
30%                           43%
40%                           67%
50%                           100%

If you lose half of the value of your position then it needs to double in price in order for you to break-even.

I think that with any one of us, we should give ourselves a stop-loss to avoid any undue losses. I always keep a 5% -10% Stop-Loss rate if at that level I will withdraw money. To preserve our capital from being too severely damaged. The most important aspect of this game is your greed, the greed you get, the bigger you get. I made such mistakes and after one night I lost 97% mine.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:18:01 AM

I know how to do stop loss but i never do that before . Its better to set it to auto sell when reached half on your investment . Well for me we dont need to do that . I always trust my investment or should i say i analize  it well before investing my money . So when it dumps ill just wait until it reached my target
eloymjb

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:20:58 AM

when your funds is too low and your chosen coins will be go in dip, you shoulf stop loss or cut loss. but in my own opinion before you do it make sure you have another chosen coins in active to survive your loss. and gain profit to it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: