Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:09:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/BCC Automatic Switch Stratum URL - Stupid Question... (ViaBTC)  (Read 1651 times)
MinerSRQ (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:04:14 PM

I am sure this will be blasted as a stupid question - but I'm looking for confirmation of what I think "BTC/BCC Automatic Switch Stratum URL" on ViaBTC.com means.

If I use the "BTC/BCC automatic switch to higher mining yields available now. Mining URL: stratum+tcp://smart.viabtc.com:3333" URL, does that mean that ViaBTC will determine in which pool to mine, based on what's most profitable at the time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
813bits

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:06:04 PM

I am sure this will be blasted as a stupid question - but I'm looking for confirmation of what I think "BTC/BCC Automatic Switch Stratum URL" on ViaBTC.com means.

If I use the "BTC/BCC automatic switch to higher mining yields available now. Mining URL: stratum+tcp://smart.viabtc.com:3333" URL, does that mean that ViaBTC will determine in which pool to mine, based on what's most profitable at the time?

Yes, when mining to the auto switch url you will mine whichever viaBTC pool (BTC or BCC) is the most profitable.  I can't speak much about the pool, however auto switching features are a nice way to maximize profit.  BTW, Sarasota?
MinerSRQ (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:31:12 PM

Yes, when mining to the auto switch url you will mine whichever viaBTC pool (BTC or BCC) is the most profitable.  I can't speak much about the pool, however auto switching features are a nice way to maximize profit.  BTW, Sarasota?

Ah, thank you!

Yes, Sarasota...  I assume you're in Tampa with the 813?  Cheesy
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:00:36 PM

It really doesn't have much to do with maximising profit.
It's a fallacy that easy to suck any gambler into.

You make profit when you sell the 'coins' so since no one has a crystal ball and can tell you when in the future you will sell the coins or when in the future the price will get you more, it's easier to go the most obvious route - mine BTC and hold it until it's worth a lot more.

Most people who use these switching ideas are dealing with tiny amounts and I guess they can pretend they're making a fortune due to switching, when in reality it's most likely a long term loss.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 05:05:18 PM

It really doesn't have much to do with maximising profit.
It's a fallacy that easy to suck any gambler into.

You make profit when you sell the 'coins' so since no one has a crystal ball and can tell you when in the future you will sell the coins or when in the future the price will get you more, it's easier to go the most obvious route - mine BTC and hold it until it's worth a lot more.

Most people who use these switching ideas are dealing with tiny amounts and I guess they can pretend they're making a fortune due to switching, when in reality it's most likely a long term loss.

I tend to agree with kano when it comes to most of the auto-switching/multi-pool "hype". The only reason I even know about it is because they played it up to be some new big thing when in reality it's not! In my eyes, it was more or less for some free publicity that will likely attract some ignorant people to their mining pool.

When it comes to sha256 ASIC miners, your best bet (in my opinion) is to mine Bitcoin (and on kano's pool if your like me and/or in this for the long-mid term). Kano's pool had a great day yesterday and is off to another one already today - our last block (Block 481716) was worth over 17 Bitcoin - LOVE those blocks with BIG rewards)!

Anyway, I can confirm that the new auto-switching ViaBTC URL is exactly what you thought - it simply switches between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash based on whichever is the most profitable at any given time. The only thing to keep in mind is that (I assume) determining the most profitable one is based solely on respective prices from their own Exchange, and doesn't take into factor or use any sort of averaged price. To me, that could present some very one-sided data with the possibility to be inaccurate at times, especially when looking at the market as a whole and using averaged prices from top Exchanges.

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
ordimans

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:42:51 PM

Hello

Can you confirm the smart pool is always working ?
the stratum url seems to work ,but it's always BTC mining...
moug

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:22:21 PM

Don't use it, it mostly dead..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: