Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:35:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [b]Other OR SOME WALLETS HAVE BEEN HACKED[b]  (Read 877 times)
raymart0720 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:06:04 PM

one of my legendary friend who works and earns money here LOST HIS 1.4 BITCOIN .....
damn he said that his wallet was been hacked and the bitcoin only lefst is about 1/4 of its total...
I am super sad because he work hard to earn that..

is there any one of you experienced that.. your all earnings is gone in a single blink of eye only  Embarrassed Sad
and what wallet is trusted and have the super duper security against hackers etc....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:11:14 PM

Do by working hard and earned you mean posting with a signature? It's by no means a hard work!

Having a wallet hacked from outside is an extremely rare thing. Your friend had to enter a phishing site or download a trojan. It's also possible he used a fake transaction accelerator or other scam site.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:26:59 PM

one of my legendary friend who works and earns money here LOST HIS 1.4 BITCOIN .....
damn he said that his wallet was been hacked and the bitcoin only lefst is about 1/4 of its total...
I am super sad because he work hard to earn that..

is there any one of you experienced that.. your all earnings is gone in a single blink of eye only  Embarrassed Sad
and what wallet is trusted and have the super duper security against hackers etc....

What wallet did you friend used btw? Is it on some exchanges? I doubt it can be hacked if he used Electrum any other trusted wallet that we know of. Yes its really sad to see all your bitcoin because someone has hacked it. But definitely if you used proper security like not downloading or clicking anything that you see you might have not been hacked. I think Electrum wallet or Core is a good desktop wallet to begin with. You just have to take care of your private keys and put it somewhere safe.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Blocken

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 08:37:01 PM

Ya... we are probably a century away at least from seeing an actual Blockchain "hack" on any decentralized network.

It sounds to me like a crappy wallet interface, fake wallet site, virus & key-logger, or something.

If you are hodling and have zero intension of selling, trading, etc... you should only use a cold wallet. That or trust that Coinbase will continue. If you run Windows/Mac OS it's especially true that you should take some serious steps in security.

I am sorry this happened to your friend, my sympathies to anyone that gets hacked. 

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:47:04 AM

Do by working hard and earned you mean posting with a signature? It's by no means a hard work!

Having a wallet hacked from outside is an extremely rare thing. Your friend had to enter a phishing site or download a trojan. It's also possible he used a fake transaction accelerator or other scam site.

I beg to disagree. Working for a signature campaign is hard work! You may say this because you may find that posting in the forum is just easy-peasy, but it's actually hard to consistently post daily/weekly. And what I think by what OP meant is that, he dedicated time and effort to earn the BTC so whatever the kind of work, it was said to be "hard" because of the dedication given.

Anyway, I don't know if wallets can be hacked but maybe he lost his private keys or something? How exactly was it hacked, did his bitcoins suddenly disappear upon checking his balance? Or did he have a hard time accessing his account? I don't know much about wallets, but maybe it would be better if he used a desktop wallet.
raymart0720 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:44:40 AM

I will ask him what wallet he had been used to store his eth but i think he use the secured ones because he has multiple acc here and some of them were legendary in ranking.. and earns i guess a total of 18btc in working here
raymart0720 (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:46:19 AM

I beg to disagree. Working for a signature campaign is hard work! You may say this because you may find that posting in the forum is just easy-peasy, but it's actually hard to consistently post daily/weekly. And what I think by what OP meant is that, he dedicated time and effort to earn the BTC so whatever the kind of work, it was said to be "hard" because of the dedication given.

Anyway, I don't know if wallets can be hacked but maybe he lost his private keys or something? How exactly was it hacked, did his bitcoins suddenly disappear upon checking his balance? Or did he have a hard time accessing his account? I don't know much about wallets, but maybe it would be better if he used a desktop wallet.

yess when he last checked his wallet the remaining is about 0.00004 btc... and i see it personally ...
I will tell and post the wallet what he been using to sotre his eth
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:33:17 PM

A hard work? Really?
You're sitting at home reading a forum that you would be reading anyway, even if they weren't paying you, I suppose. You don't need any skills, no background knowledge, no degree, nothing, because you can as well be writing in gambling with all the other spammers, talking how gambling can be addicting or if luck really exists.
If this is a hard work in your view, I dare to say that you haven't really worked in your life.

yess when he last checked his wallet the remaining is about 0.00004 btc... and i see it personally ...
I will tell and post the wallet what he been using to sotre his eth

You've just lost me here. Did he lose BTC or ETH?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:46:05 AM

Hehe darkangel, I see your point, but, work is work. In this crazy land that is the forum, some people pay exorbitant sums of advertising revenue to kept a nostalgic relic alive (*cough* this forum *cough*)

Im being coy, but the agreement that is the signature campaign on this forum is a fair, pre agreed exchange of value. Hell no its not hard, LOL, but it could pose some challenges for the non english speaker, which tends to be a more frequent visitor here than the older heads/newer English speaking users. If you earn the coin and get paid, well dammit, I believe its yours. The bar is quite low, I agree, but, maybe then the bar should be raised, and actually enforced by camp manangers. But that is probably hard when you have more than 60 peeps to read after Wink

But given the generally shitty quality of post nowadays; if people are getting paid for this shit, well, thats not fair at all.
Giraffle

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:50:07 PM

Ya... we are probably a century away at least from seeing an actual Blockchain "hack" on any decentralized network.

It sounds to me like a crappy wallet interface, fake wallet site, virus & key-logger, or something.

If you are hodling and have zero intension of selling, trading, etc... you should only use a cold wallet. That or trust that Coinbase will continue. If you run Windows/Mac OS it's especially true that you should take some serious steps in security.

I am sorry this happened to your friend, my sympathies to anyone that gets hacked. 

I'm confused, what do you mean by "a century away at least from seeing an actual blockchain "hack" "?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: