Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 08:50:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC TV LOOKING FOR CONTRIBUTORS  (Read 539 times)
franct (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:20:38 PM

Hi

I am a producer at the BBC News. I am currently working on a story about Bitcoins. I am interested in talking to someone from Cyprus or Argentina (or any other country with currency troubles or restrictions) who uses Bitcoins as a way of protecting themselves from volatile currency or state restrictions.

Anyone who like to contribute please email click@bbc.co.uk with Bitcoin in the subject line.

Thanks a lot
Click team
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:22:15 PM

So you post it in the newbie section of this forum with an all caps title? Not the best way to do this.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:32:29 PM

Hi

I am a producer at the BBC News. I am currently working on a story about Bitcoins. I am interested in talking to someone from Cyprus or Argentina (or any other country with currency troubles or restrictions) who uses Bitcoins as a way of protecting themselves from volatile currency or state restrictions.

Anyone who like to contribute please email click@bbc.co.uk with Bitcoin in the subject line.

Thanks a lot
Click team

lol this is bullshit
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:36:34 PM

The BBC are obsessive with appearing professional and politically correct, there's no way they'd sign up to Bitcointalk ( Too many anarchists are here with opinions about stuff ) and this guy left out 'would' in his sentence.

I'm betting this is a phishing link.
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:42:29 PM

It does seem suspicous, however the bbc.co.uk does appear to be a legitimate bbc domain and click is the name of one of their programs. Maybe someone is trying to get them to cover Bitcoin, and is hoping that by posting here there'll be a bunch of random emails titled Bitcoin.

franct, please provide something that shows you are associated with BBC and specifically the Click program. If so I'd happily shoot you an email.

AKG1987

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:53:12 PM

Definitely bogus.
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:55:54 PM

The BBC are obsessive with appearing professional and politically correct, there's no way they'd sign up to Bitcointalk ( Too many anarchists are here with opinions about stuff ) and this guy left out 'would' in his sentence.

I'm betting this is a phishing link.

Serious? A phishing link @bbc.co.uk?

You guys are fuckin hilarious.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

So you are a junior researcher at the BBC. Your boss says "find somebody in Cyprus or Argentina who uses bitcoins". What are you supposed to do? Opening an account here and making a post asking for contributors seems a reasonable way to go about it. There is being careful and then there is paranoia....

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
Plesk

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:30:53 PM

Sounds like a good story.. Hoping its real!

BTC: 1HhVDw7b2yb4HjKmb7DMRhwjLqyvaZo8Mt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: