Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 03:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Dwolla still a deposit option on Mt. Gox??  (Read 511 times)
theface (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:16:00 PM

I'm aware that the the US DHS seized the Dwolla account associated with Mt. Gox, so I was surprised when I just logged into my Mt.Gox account and saw Dwolla still up as a deposit option.

Did I miss something?  Or is Mt. Gox just letting people deposit into a seized account?  Surely Dwolla will reject deposits to this account?  I'm tempted to try a small amount.  Either way, shame on Gox
davidgdg

Activity: 552
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:30:59 PM

The account which was seized was the account used by a Mt Gox subsidiary to remit funds to the dwolla account of BTC sellers. As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with the use of dwolla to deposit funds with Mt Gox. It only affects withdrawals to Dwolla accounts.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
Plesk

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

My guess: Mt. Gox is in denial. They are *holding out* for when DHS and Dwolla say: Oh, sorry j/k.  Wink

BTC: 1HhVDw7b2yb4HjKmb7DMRhwjLqyvaZo8Mt
induce

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

I've seen multiple statements on Mt Gox that Dwolla is closed. I'm sure the option won't work.
Taccomc

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:42:40 PM

anyone else getting the runaround with Dwolla Support?  Last week they tell me my refund had processed and to check my bank account again, when I explained that my bank has no record of any pending transaction they told me that the receiving person has the money and I have to deal with the direct.  I just sent them a screenshot on twitter showing the funds had never cleared yet, the seller had no way  to access those funds. 

Let's color the MOON: XzB5J9HQSPyfN5goGsqV3D65w4VpeqGNF5
tuheeden

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:45:45 PM

Other Bitcoin vendors also use Dwolla, so I think this is just a MT Gox and U.S. issue.

I use Mt. Gox too, but I have not tried the Dwolla option.

Good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: