Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:39:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pump and dumpers.  (Read 839 times)
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:57:31 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 07:49:30 PM by Bonanzacoin

Hello everybody, im new to this world but all in on it. Basicly watching youtube all day and just loving the concept. Which i was never aware of since i thought Bitcoin was just a virtual coin given out by a company which is why i thought that would never ever come trough. Knowing the technology now (good enough for me, but still not enough though i think ive gotten the right picture on how it kinda works) made me turn around 180.

That being said. Im goodhearted and trusting by nature but i now realised there are people that set up pump and dumps. Just to vent my view on it. When u are involved in such thing know that ur basicly a criminal. And no u dont have to break the law to be one. Sometimes u break the law but still are, at least in my eyes, not a criminal like smoking pot or something like that.

I think crypto is the future. If people stay away from pump and dumps true value coins could be recognised much easier and safer.
If you are believing in crypto u need to stay away from pump and dump. Cause otherwise ur hurting the industry of cryptocurrency and are basicly raping it.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:23:14 PM

Pump dump groups are responsible for bad reputation of the coin. It's like using the coin with it's true value but leaving it unusable after they have gotten the profits. I'm not the follower of pumpers as they are making my top listed coins weak day by day. There are at least 80% genuine traders in the market who believe in specific coin but when pumpers come and turn the coin upside down they actually break the trust of those traders from investment. This leads to indirect lowered value of that coin and finally dumping of it completely. Sad but true.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 05:42:28 PM

I don't have any good or bad opinion for such groups but I have lost my 100% capital in my initial days just because I used to make trade decisions based on the suggestions of the troll box. Most of the time it caused a huge loss in my trades, almost each and every time I invested randomly and it was bad timing of entry and exit in pump and dump processes.

I won't blame pump & dump schemes or even those troll box users because it was me who blindly took decisions and lost my capital so instead of blaming someone else, we must build awareness about mature trading practices.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:19:14 PM

You made my day, LOL  Grin

Without usual price swing we can't earn anything in day trading from crypto so all those pump and dump is necessary for healthy and active trading market.

Why the one who sell on peak price and buy on dumps should be considered as criminal  Roll Eyes Money should flow from weak hand to stronger one, not all trader will make profit from trading. Grin
Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:50:58 PM

yeah well whatever. It stinks. Simple as that. And i actually dont agree with u.
muncuss

Activity: 667
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:21:41 PM

You made my day, LOL  Grin

Without usual price swing we can't earn anything in day trading from crypto so all those pump and dump is necessary for healthy and active trading market.

Why the one who sell on peak price and buy on dumps should be considered as criminal  Roll Eyes Money should flow from weak hand to stronger one, not all trader will make profit from trading. Grin
i sure without PnD many people won't make profit. Beside that, i think PnD is a natural process in trading. some (or many?) people going trade because they want to purely make profit, they won't care about coin reputation or real value. they will do whatever to make profit, trading is about making money, it's all about money.
If you can't manage it, you'll get stung. If you can manage it, you'll get the honey

Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:55:47 PM

If pump and dump is going naturally, yes then i agree. But if its all been a setup from the getgo i do not. In the latter case it doesnt matter what u trade. U might as well trade fried frogs. Hey whatever makes money. I actually am really excited about crypto. I love it. Also the trading.

If u set up social accounts, create a good following and promote a coin which uve allready secretly stepped in, slowly trending it upwards and then profit of that. Well i dont know bout u, but thats fcked up imo.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:58:51 PM

Hello everybody, im new to this world but all in on it. Basicly watching youtube all day and just loving the concept. Which i was never aware of since i thought Bitcoin was just a virtual coin given out by a company which is why i thought that would never ever come trough. Knowing the technology now (good enough for me, but still not enough though i think ive gotten the right picture on how it kinda works) made me turn around 180.

That being said. Im goodhearted and trusting by nature but i now realised there are people that set up pump and dumps. Just to vent my view on it. When u are involved in such thing know that ur basicly a criminal. And no u dont have to break the law to be one. Sometimes u break the law but still are, at least in my eyes, not a criminal like smoking pot or something like that.

I think crypto is the future. If people stay away from pump and dumps true value coins could be recognised much easier and safer.
If you are believing in crypto u need to stay away from pump and dump. Cause otherwise ur hurting the industry of cryptocurrency and are basicly raping it.

*slow clap*

I hope you didn't learn that the hard way, or if you did, that you at least took a lesson from it.

99% of the alt coin and token market is just noise, buzzwords and bullshit. Don't listen to what other people try to push on you, do your homework and try to form your own opinion. In the long run cryptocurrencies with strong fundamentals will prevail, regardless of whether they get pumped or dumped right now.

That being said, welcome to crypto, where getting scammed or being lured into the hot pump and dump of the day is basically a rite of passage. It's how we say "hello".
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

Of course there are lots of pump and dumps. Most altcoins are just that. It is simple reality. They create hyp, wait for investors (especially big ones) and then sell off all their coins leaving everyone else penniless. Tongue
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

It's been the norm for coins that haven't much to offer in the ecosystem and no clear roadmap and interesting new tech in it. It's easy to spot it and avoid partaking in it, but unfortunately greedy blokes are just in it to make more money no matter who would be involved and be burned in the end.

It's normal in trading; whoever did his homework gets the highest grade of them all.

Bonanzacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:07:11 AM

Ive read some stories by now and some have simply been wiped out of all their savings, never to come back. I dont know, do what you want, but i would never set up such a thing.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:50:42 AM

Isn't these groups are beneficial for us too? If we get into trusted sources then it can make the trading very simple and most important very profitable for us. :-)

I would love to join such groups if they are giving me the opportunity to earn money.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:10:43 AM

Isn't these groups are beneficial for us too? If we get into trusted sources then it can make the trading very simple and most important very profitable for us. :-)

I would love to join such groups if they are giving me the opportunity to earn money.

People actually don't make much or sometimes people even lose money from pump & dumps. The pumpers tell you to buy and buy, then you see the value of your coins rise and rise thinking you're gonna be rich. Then before you know it, in a snap of a finger, the price crashes. Why? The pumpers who first bought tons of those coins already dumped. Leaving you with a huge loss. Make educated decisions when investing. Don't join those scammy pump & dumps.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:23:48 AM

Yes, it's true. Pump and dumps schemes only damage the coin, even if it's a good project. Also, only who manage the pump earns the money, while all the others lose it. Better to stay away from these kinds of groups.

btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:25:28 AM

Yes, it's true. Pump and dumps schemes only damage the coin, even if it's a good project. Also, only who manage the pump earns the money, while all the others lose it. Better to stay away from these kinds of groups.

This is also what I thought. Those groups are the one who really benefits from this pump and dump. Because initially identify a coin to pump, but they will not said it up to the last minutes when they are going to dump it. But unknowingly, those leaders have already dump their coins already and that the latter group will just follow but most of the profits have been taken already.

Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:38:22 AM

People actually don't make much or sometimes people even lose money from pump & dumps. The pumpers tell you to buy and buy, then you see the value of your coins rise and rise thinking you're gonna be rich. Then before you know it, in a snap of a finger, the price crashes. Why? The pumpers who first bought tons of those coins already dumped. Leaving you with a huge loss. Make educated decisions when investing. Don't join those scammy pump & dumps.
This is how it works and there are really these kind of groups on which they do really tend to use other people just to make money and usually newbies do really fall on this kind of trap on which they do easily believed or being fooled that they would make an easy money since they do trust on those groups and they able to see their coins or portfolio is rising up and suddenly crash this is why we should really be wise on this time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:45:02 AM

Isn't these groups are beneficial for us too?
No.  The whole principle of a pump-and-dump relies on taking a sucker's money who buys into the hype.  In ordinary markets, taking part in pump-and-dump is illegal, and the OP is correct that it should not be considered differently here.

Also, the more public pump-and-dump groups (like Telegram groups) try to entice newbies to join, then the owners buy in before announcing a pump and dumping their coins in the poor newbies.  It's another clever scam tactic which is used.
Why the one who sell on peak price and buy on dumps should be considered as criminal
It's nothing to do with that.  It's about manipulating the market to scam other people out of money.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:09:55 AM

Its a No, first of all if you stay away in pump and dump you might be invested in coins which is stagnant or stable and its more than a scam coins. What i mean to stay for you to make clear what i am talking is cryptocurrency starts from bitcoins is a pump and dump which where the good value of price is on that pumps and dumps. Study why pump and dump is an advantage especially for the gppd traders who can join on it. If you don't know how stay away from entering the market when it is being pump or dumping. Learn more bro.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:07:17 PM

don't get trapped in pumps man ... you will lose 100% ... also pumps are targeting low-end coins with small volumes .. so they can get naive people to pump the price up, when they already have SELL orders ready ... so only the organizers get the profits, the other members get the stick up the ass
Peppa2304

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:08:23 PM

Be careful, do not throw your money through the window  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: