Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:05:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner’s Guide to Bitcoin’s Scalability Debate  (Read 361 times)
CuriousInvestor (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:18:04 PM

Hey everyone,

My colleague and I have just published a new article on Bitcoin. It talks about the limitations of Bitcoin's current on-chain scalability, very relevant to the current block size debate. Hope you all enjoy it!

https://medium.com/@kemihu2011/beginners-guide-to-bitcoin-s-scalability-debate-66060f3799e5

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spaceinvader10

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:01:52 PM

Thank you for the informative article.
Bigmacduck

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:49:08 AM

Indeed very informative - many thanks!

It proves that even if somebody is not a hero member here in the board, there is still a lot of wisdom to contribute.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:52:50 AM

Indeed very informative - many thanks!

It proves that even if somebody is not a hero member here in the board, there is still a lot of wisdom to contribute.

A lot of the better members i have dealt with on this forum are lower ranked members, Having a higher rank does not necessarily mean they are better or more knowledgeable. That said, great article OP, keep it up.

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:38:04 AM

A very clear and detailed explanation. Thanks for this!
xplorer79

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:07:14 PM

Thank you, this is a very interesting article !
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:30:42 PM

Thank you, this is a very interesting article !
So you read an article about bitcoin. Now let me tell you some more. If you want to know then forum like this are absolutely an option for that purpose but along with that if you don’t do practical work you will never be a master of bitcoin. I always insist on practical work whenever I tell some new person about bitcoin. Just get knowledge from internet or somewhere and implement it in your life. It will help you to know the behavior of bitcoin value in market which is the most important thing
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:02:37 PM

OP's link is a hackernoon article. They're known for posting good content. Also thanks for mentioning drawbacks associated with larger block sizes which mainstream media sources choose to ignore.

There are other things OP missed in terms of block sizes not always mattering as many blocks are not filled to full capacity even with current 1 MB blocks. But all in all decent read.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: