Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:39:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bizzare BCH Recovery Problem - Assistance Requested  (Read 258 times)
justbcuz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:49:25 PM

I'm having trouble re-building a BCH wallet post split. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as I'm tired of dealing with this.  Undecided

In anticipation of the BTC/BCH split, I moved a small amount of BTC into an Electrum wallet...split occurred, and I subsequently moved the BTC into a Mycellium wallet (where it still sits today).

As per the split recovery 'instructions', I downloaded the Electron-Cash wallet (2.8.2) and proceed to restore from my Electrum seed. BCH showed up in the E-Cash wallet and at this point I thought everything was fine.

When I eventually attempted to move the BCH out of this wallet for disposal, I was met with various signing errors. Googling this problem led me to other users suffering the same fate, the solution was apparently to remove E-Cash 2.8.2 and update to 2.9.2 (now 2.9.3). 

Here's the problem. Electron Cash 2.9.3 will not recognize my seed and I can't restore the wallet. I still have the original Electum wallet (albeit with zero balance)...so I've verified the seed to ensure it's correct (it is).

I've tried E-Cash 2.9.3 on different Android devices and get the same result. I also tried restoring from seed through Coinomi; that didn't work either.

Google at this point ends up being a mess of articles describing the steps for initial retrieval of BCH;  I'm hoping one of you kind souls can give me a hand.

Any thoughts?

Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:02:12 PM

I have no experience with  Electron-Cash wallet ... heard some issues about so rather not used it. I've recovered my BCH using coinomi. Import the private key from your electrum wallet (not the seed but private key for given address with BCH).

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:29:56 PM

Your seed is 12 words or more?
justbcuz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:49:14 AM

I have no experience with  Electron-Cash wallet ... heard some issues about so rather not used it. I've recovered my BCH using coinomi. Import the private key from your electrum wallet (not the seed but private key for given address with BCH).

This ended up working for me.  I had to restore the original Electrum wallet on my desktop so I could pull the master private key, I could only get to the seed via Electrum on my tablet (where I had both these wallets).

...guess that's what I get for being lazy and using an Android device.

Thanks for the advice!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: