Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Expanse or Monero is better than eth !  (Read 1629 times)
anders31 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:41:06 PM

since the eth announced about the eth bomb, now Expanse and Monero got a better chance to replace eth for us as miners
what do you think?
ben8jam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:51:16 PM

I think your Subject line should have a ? instead of a !
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 786

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:52:18 PM

Expanse does have potential for mining, not sure about monero though. I don't think that solely mining one of the two coins will lead to more earnings at the current point (in terms of Fiat currency of course). However, plenty of Ethash coins or other similar ones have the potential to grow overtime, such as MusicCoin, Ubiq and so on and therefore, maybe even double or triple your earnings in the long-term. Moreover, dual mining is the most profitable option out there currently.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:53:04 PM

The best chance to maximize your profits from mining is to accumulate coins with good future potential based on the development roadmap and what they bring to the table. Mining the coins that everyone is mining because they are on the top of profitability for that day or hour is a shortsighted strategy, IMO.
anders31 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:58:04 PM

The best chance to maximize your profits from mining is to accumulate coins with good future potential based on the development roadmap and what they bring to the table. Mining the coins that everyone is mining because they are on the top of profitability for that day or hour is a shortsighted strategy, IMO.
i guess you can mine the top profitable coin at the time and buy a potential coin that you think it will grow, this is better than mining a low profitable coin with huge potential. don't you think?
anders31 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:59:34 PM

Expanse does have potential for mining, not sure about monero though. I don't think that solely mining one of the two coins will lead to more earnings at the current point (in terms of Fiat currency of course). However, plenty of Ethash coins or other similar ones have the potential to grow overtime, such as MusicCoin, Ubiq and so on and therefore, maybe even double or triple your earnings in the long-term. Moreover, dual mining is the most profitable option out there currently.
i also have a good feeling about expanse more than monero and i agree with you dual mining is the best option
Vann

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:09:30 PM

i guess you can mine the top profitable coin at the time and buy a potential coin that you think it will grow, this is better than mining a low profitable coin with huge potential. don't you think?

The profitablly is based on if you were to sell coins you already have at that very moment. Altcoin markets change quickly. Just because a coin is at the top when you start mining it, doesn't mean it will be when you have enough coins to cash out. Unless you run a farm where you can accumulate lots of coins to where you can cash out quickly to sell and buy other coins, all of which also involves fees, then in most cases you would be better off mining the coins you what to accumulate directly. Even if it's slighlty less profitable ATM, which also means the difficulty will be lower since there are less people mining it.
greatauror28

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

Ethereum Miner

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:39:47 PM

I've seen in whattomine that expanse and monero outdid ethereum right now in terms of profitability.

Anyone has idea how 580s perform hashing EXP? I'm kinda looking for a ballpark figure so I can put them in the calculator and see if it really is profitable VS mining ETH right now.

P.S. Dual mining eth+dcr right now. Last week doing SIA but the heck difficulty did to me, used to earn $2 a day, now $0.75.

I build and sell rigs! I also sell ssd clones of the most stable Windows+Claymore+AMD driver combo you'd ever used.
Vann

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:51:48 PM

I've seen in whattomine that expanse and monero outdid ethereum right now in terms of profitability.

Anyone has idea how 580s perform hashing EXP? I'm kinda looking for a ballpark figure so I can put them in the calculator and see if it really is profitable VS mining ETH right now.

P.S. Dual mining eth+dcr right now. Last week doing SIA but the heck difficulty did to me, used to earn $2 a day, now $0.75.

Expanse is an Ethash coin, so it's the same hash you get for ETH. It's also at a lower epoch than ETH, so there is no Dag file hash drop and I believe it can also be mined with 2GB cards.
anders31 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:01:39 PM

i have rx 580 8gb and in eth + decred i had 29mh + 800h and with mining expanse + decred i had 30mh + 850h
Vann

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:11:51 PM

i have rx 580 8gb and in eth + decred i had 29mh + 800h and with mining expanse + decred i had 30mh + 850h

With a RX 580 you should be getting 900-960 MH/s dual mining DCR. Try increasing the DCR intensity to 32.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:56:28 PM

Monero is the way to go, UN-traceable mining income Smiley
andylittleton

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:24:14 PM

Mine crap coins,  and wait for a pump and sell Smiley  . That's the most profitable approach if your good at trading and can wait long enough for the pump. Look at signatium. Or mine a decent mid tier slow moving giant coin like decred/zcash/monero if you got the hash power,  . Mining what everyone else is mining is a poor strategy, you'll never be able to mine enough coins to cover your investment cost in a reasonable amount of time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: