Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MAGOS.IO (Sports Oracle AI) - 100% Scammers  (Read 3006 times)
vortexray (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:12:30 PM

So I warned people in Magos Announcement thread (and there is no doubt) that this dev team of magos does not exist. They are made up people, where none of them have any kind online ID - not even their chief of marketing. Now they deleted almost all of my posts, after I posted this:

It's 5 days now since I asked them for a comment, regarding their online IDs and I got nothing back. Also I was the first one to post this issue here, so I doubt that they had many mails about that. So I assume that all they do right now, is stalling. Good luck with your investments (in case that there are actual investors here, seems more like 90% hunt for bounties only). I said "good bye" to my ETH and will move forward - so imo if you're looking for the crypto equivalent to burning money, you've found one.
Embarrassed

I am not the only one who tried to google them, as you can (at the time of writing this post) still read in the tread, which is linked at the end of this one.

Unfortunatly, I have lost some ETH to those scammers and I suggest, you're smarter than me. If you have any doubt, google the magos team. In case that you find one of those persons, magos has either created some social media profiles in the mean time or they are using people, who have nothing to do with the project in the first place.

I wish them the worst of deseases. Have fun, everyone.

The (non existent) magos team, at the time of writing this post:
https://picload.org/view/rwciiill/magosbitches.png.html

Original (Announcement) Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2087842.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunnyj

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:42:09 PM

I agree.  I tried to post also and they deleted it!  Look at their twitter handle.  The followers are all fake!
vortexray (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:37:53 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 12:56:15 AM by vortexray

Also, right after I posted this, the entire team section disapeared from the website.

Then People just had to google magos+scam to get to this post here - if that was already there, when I invested, I would have stayed the hell away from that project. But everyone who put money into this since then, simply deserves to loose it.

Anyway, now that the ico is over, we will soon now for sure. Ofc I have no doubt about what magos is.

ThomasDEUTcoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:34:31 PM

Puh, i invested only a really little amount.
I'm wondering that there are not more comments about the project here in this thread.
Did anybody invest in it?
They send me today my MAGs to my ETHwallet.

Crazy: Coin No. 12 and the first time with trouble. That's life.  Huh
Dhbuyd

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

ye theyre deleting pretty much every post in the ANN thread. even ones supporting them Grin. i dont see why they wouldnt distribute tokens. im pretty confident its a scam, but if they distribute tokens then they can sell theirs. They just arent going to give out dividends imo
ylac

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:01:04 PM

It is a bit concerning that they've deleted their communication channels and rebranded themselves. But it seems consistent with their preference for discreetness given the nature of the project.

If they are scammers, I would've thought they'd take the money out of the contract straight away, but it's still sitting there and tokens are still being distributed.

The true test of whether it's legit or not will come when it's time for dividend distribution (sometime in Q4 2017).

With respect to the deleted posts, I think that's actually a problem with the moderation style of the moderator who I'm pretty sure is just doing it for the bounty and not directly employed by Magos.

Hopefully they post an update soon on their new FB/Twitter after all the tokens are distributed.
Dhbuyd

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

I'm becoming more and more confident it's a scam.. I have less and less trust in icos every day, especially when they're this secretive. If the team is legit the upside is huge, but I'm prepared to lose the little bit I put in. If they were scammers I think they'd try to sell their dev tokens before they empty the eth
cryptoburrito

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:09:17 PM

I'm becoming more and more confident it's a scam.. I have less and less trust in icos every day, especially when they're this secretive. If the team is legit the upside is huge, but I'm prepared to lose the little bit I put in. If they were scammers I think they'd try to sell their dev tokens before they empty the eth

It is quite weird. If it was an outright scam, why did they even take the effort to distribute a token and why did they start rebranding everything to AiO? They could have just taken the wallet and run but they even created a new Twitter account: https://twitter.com/AiO_token

If they are legit they certainly should improve communication.
Dhbuyd

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:08:13 PM

If they're not scammers, they just don't give a fuck about this token sale as their ai, which they've implied before in their weekly updates
ylac

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:42:20 PM

They've posted some updates to Twitter: https://twitter.com/AiO_token.

According to the roadmap previously on their site, first profit distribution should take place at (end of?) November.

Seems like things are going ok.

I disagree that if they are scammers they'd try to sell their tokens before taking the eth. They would need to list on an exchange first which costs money and being this secretive is hardly conducive for a pump and dump.

The eth is still in the contract: https://etherscan.io/address/0xa8659f5af01796b39e0dfb3323acc00d8fe97ea2.

If you are that concerned about the project, I would try contacting them. Otherwise not much to do besides waiting for updates and the distribution.
Aldaschwede

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:37:29 AM

Everything here is strange. I'm really looking forward what aio.network is about Huh
tourtas21

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:14:31 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 01:44:28 AM by tourtas21

strange things going on... They are distributing the AiO tokens.
ThomasDEUTcoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:57:31 AM

I'm unhappy that im put a little amount into MAGOS. No infos, no promotion, no discussion. Looks like they are not interested in their own coin. Damn. Sad

There is a alert on my walltet that their are a lot of programing mistakes in the coin contract. hope this will not bring trouble to the other coins in my wallet.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:24:37 AM

Why are they still anonymous if the project is not scam? Will they continue hiding during the project. I am sure they are 100% scam. If they are not why dont they show themselves? They collected 3k+ Ethereum during crowdsale, and they suddenly turned off all their threads sites etc. Is it a coincidence?
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 08:05:40 PM

I've been watching how this one turns out because I was really close to investing but decided not too.

It is obvious that it is either A) a scam or B) an incredibly inept company

If it's a scam, I have no idea why they haven't cashed out yet...maybe because they are waiting for a time or situation where they won't have to face legal consequences? That's just a wild guess

If it's a legit project, than that's still bad news because the way they run their company is just does not seem effective.

Either way, for those that invested, I think it is wise to start looking into ways of recourse, whatever shape that might take.

ylac

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:15:51 PM

Looks like the funds have been sent to 9 different addresses: https://etherscan.io/address/0xa8659f5af01796b39e0dfb3323acc00d8fe97ea2#internaltx.

Not sure if this is preparation for running away with the funds or depositing into the betting sites.
zipzop21

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:01:00 AM

If these guys are actually scammers they deserve to have their real names and personal information plastered all over the internet.

If someone has the skills to find those details, I'm sure people would show their gratitude in a cryptocurrency of your choice...
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:38:45 PM

But when they're scamming ppl why they have succeed distribution process?
And in the other way, this is looking like a secret rebranding, what is a point of doing that?
kgp43

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:20:51 PM

That is weird indeed.
No reason to rebrand or distribute coins if it's a scam.

Nothing left except wait and see what happens.
ylac

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:20:37 AM

Does anyone know the bitcoin address they used to receive funds?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: