Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Survey: Will BTC and BCH peacefully coexist in future and at what ratio  (Read 382 times)
Bigmacduck (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:19:02 PM

Today the market capitalization of BTC and BTH combined is 78.2 billion USD
Where BTC is 67.1 billion USD and BCH is 11.1 billion USD

So if market capitalization of BTC+BCH = 100%
BTC is 86% and BCH is 14%

So today the ratio is 86:14

Now without speculating about the future price of these two coins, what is your prediction on the ratio of BCT : BCH on the following dates?

31 Dec 2017

31 Dec 2018

31 Dec 2019

31 Dec 2022

My own belief is that both coins will peacefully coexist still in 2022 at a market capitalization ratio of 50:50, but I don't think that it will gradually develop in to this direction. What is your view?

By which of the 4 dates will we see a 0:100 or 100:0, which would mean one coin ceased to exist.

We may all come back to this conversation once in a while and check prediction vs reality.

FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:40:04 PM

The short answer is no. bcash is only a bitmain tool they're using to push the changes they want on Bitcoin.

Anytime bitmain wants, they can kill bcash.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 11:34:36 PM

Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash can coexist peacfully, because it's different coins - Bitcoin is king of cryptos and Bitcoin Cash is just altcoin, which hardly can be used in our daily life.
I think that Bitcoin cap will grow much faster than Bitcoin Cash. I think that in future ratio will be 95:5 and this difference will continue to grow.

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:40:23 PM

Soon BCH will decline and it will continue declining until it is worthless. It is not based on anything offers no great technological innovations and is therefore essentially worthless.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:41:10 PM

Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash can coexist peacfully, because it's different coins - Bitcoin is king of cryptos and Bitcoin Cash is just altcoin, which hardly can be used in our daily life.
I think that Bitcoin cap will grow much faster than Bitcoin Cash. I think that in future ratio will be 95:5 and this difference will continue to grow.

I think Bitcoin Cash is better than Bitcoin SegWit when it comes to transacting so I can say that it will not be hardly used in our daily life. Still, I am a user if bitcoin SegWit and not Bitcoin Cash.
For me, they can live with each other but with the user's not liking bitcoin cash, it will be 90:10 ratio.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:43:18 PM

The problem with Bitcoin Cash is it is just an altcoin at the end of the day. It has no basis to exist... it does not provide any reason to buy it over Bitcoin. There is no reason to suspect it will become more valuable than Bitcoin any day. Everyone including noobs and people who have only heard of crypto once only know what Bitcoin is. How would Bitcoin Cash gain traction when most people don't care about it? It won't.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:05:39 AM

eventually it will all come down to 2 things: difficulty and price

mining bitcoin is an expensive process and it needs a certain price to be profitable. apart from that you can not mine 2 of them at the same time, which means mining 1 is missing out on the other.

right now bitcoin cash's difficulty is artificially low which means finding blocks is easier and they have actually been found much faster too (about 2 min a block). and that made it profitable because of the price which they pumped prior to this.

in the long run, there is no way to keep the difficulty low like this. this was "almost" a one time thing. and on top of it the price will most probably decline too. specially in the short term that miners get all their profit and would want to dump.

now i don't see any real demand for bitcoin cash, there are no merchants accepting it and as long as bitcoin exists and is functioning properly it won't change. that means price of BCH can not go much higher than this.
high difficulty + low price can kill a bitcoin fork.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:18:50 AM

I'm sure an 80% BTC 20% BCC until some other fork takes more from BCc then it's 80 BTC 10 BCC and 10Bitcoinforkfork

Probably but i guess bcc just came up after a hardfork. Bcc for me is just a coin that's another version of btc that has a different feature. Probably just to address issues about fees or and delays. From what i see, there be another split if ever there will be any other problem from miners. Bcc in my opinion would be disregarded again if there's another split.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: