Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:02:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help to identify one Indian con artist  (Read 1846 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:07:28 PM

LBC don't give anything out about their users. That's their privacy issue

I've got conned by same method 2 years ago and my bank account was blocked. As Far as I know they provided IP addresses that time along with his email id and a mobile number which was switched off. I didn't filed a complaint as amount was only 18k rupees.
Maybe at that time they used to provide these details but not anymore.

TigerMart

Activity: 271
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:48:34 PM

LBC don't give anything out about their users. That's their privacy issue

I've got conned by same method 2 years ago and my bank account was blocked. As Far as I know they provided IP addresses that time along with his email id and a mobile number which was switched off. I didn't filed a complaint as amount was only 18k rupees.

How did u get your bank account unblocked after this?

It's still blocked. I asked my bank to refund that money but they said they will do it after investigation and looks like their investigation never ended.

How long a bank can keep an account frozen like this? This unending investigations appears to be a way to eat public money to make up for their losses. Why did u let it go and did not pursue further?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:33:42 AM

How long a bank can keep an account frozen like this? This unending investigations appears to be a way to eat public money to make up for their losses. Why did u let it go and did not pursue further?

Banks and Police can do whatever they want and there's no point going against them and I've tried but there was no result.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 11:47:06 AM

I got scammed last year by this user https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/TanishaRoy/ when I was selling BTC on LBC.
Now I know that he is a fraud and was selling dogs on quickr and asking those dog buyers to deposit funds into my bank account.
This Indian guy named Ravindra Kumar Tanisha (more details about the scam can be found here http://www.livelifeandexpress.com/2016/09/online-scam-behind-adoption-beware.html).

Icici bank
Acc Name..Ravindra kumar
account no-097501512081
IFSC code-ICIC0000975

I also found that this bank account was also involved in fraud:

Axis Bank
Account name: Kamal Singh
Account number: 916010024209918
IFSC Code: UTIB0002531

In simpler words:

One guy puts up ad on www.quickr.com selling dogs (which he doesn't have) and asking this buyers to deposit money into many user's accounts whom he found on www.localbitcoins.com and got BTC from them. These dog buyers never got their dog and later on they filed police complaints against the BTC sellers as they deposited money in their accounts.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Few days back I received this email on my work email id and asked me to call on mobile number +91-8610443520 and asked me to return him 50% amount that as per him he has sent to my bank account.

Sent: 14 July 2017 15:27
To:
Subject: RE: Information-reg

Dear

I lost amount of Rs.3 lakhs to this account. With help of my CBI friend I tracked the details of you. I raised the complaint there. I will send you mail from my official id on Monday.

Thanks and regards
Ravi

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If anyone has ever sent money to either of these two accounts or have been a victim of such a fraud then please let me know.
I would like to find this guy and put him behind the bars.
I suggest you sought the help.of cyber cell to nab him as it is hard you find much details about him here.
djbabu

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:18:58 AM

Banks and Police can do whatever they want and there's no point going against them and I've tried but there was no result.

Get a good lawyer , File compliant against bank for illegal holding of account in consumer forum , either they will give more details or they have to open you account
File a compliment to Police station against bank too .

I already got holding lifted in my account in 1.5 Yrs with penalty to bank rs 19000. they do not held any right to hold your amount.

Thanks
TigerMart

Activity: 271
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:15:09 PM

Get a good lawyer , File compliant against bank for illegal holding of account in consumer forum , either they will give more details or they have to open you account
Did u contact RBI ombudsman before taking legal opinion? If yes, did they help?

File a complaint to Police station against bank too .
Did u mention bitcoin in the Police complaint?

I already got holding lifted in my account in 1.5 Yrs with penalty to bank rs 19000. they do not held any right to hold your amount.
How much was your legal cost and how much money was held in your account? Was it a savings or current account?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: