Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Look at Two Alternative Bitcoin Hardware Wallets on the Market  (Read 294 times)
real_links (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:53:50 PM

There are a few ways bitcoiners can store their funds securely by utilizing cold storage options like a paper wallet and hardware wallets. Currently, there are only a few well-known hardware wallet manufacturers that produce cryptocurrency storage devices such as Keepkey, Ledger, Opendime, and Trezor. However, there are two other hardware wallets that have entered the market called Digital Bitbox and Bitlox.

https://news.bitcoin.com/a-look-at-two-alternative-bitcoin-hardware-wallets-on-the-market
SonnetStar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:57:56 PM

I'm pretty happy with my current hardware solution ledger but I think if the competition keeps up maybe the cost of a hardware wallet could come down a bit. Right now it's kinda expensive compared to real wallets.

I think that's a barrier for going mainstream
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:03:17 PM

I'm pretty happy with my current hardware solution ledger but I think if the competition keeps up maybe the cost of a hardware wallet could come down a bit. Right now it's kinda expensive compared to real wallets.

I think that's a barrier for going mainstream

Their price is,yes, we can say that it is good enough but what matters is the service it can give and not the price it will take. Especially the Bitlox, I guess they are doing a pretty job making this wallets. I think if I am holding a pretty lot of bitcoins, I will go with the extreme Bitlox.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

I didn't know this two hardwares until you posted it here. That is great.
By the way, the Digital Bitbox is great, I mean you can save multiple digital currencies in one. Bitlox is far more great than Digital Bitbox in terms of privacy but what I look is not privacy and security but more on efficiency. With digital bitbox, I don't need to make many accounts with a lot of wallets.
Tron Foundation

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:29:45 PM

Good post - thanks for sharing.

I'm sure you guys all know this, but maybe someone else will see this and it can help them out.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS backup your recovery phrase.

I have a Ledger Nano S and the recovery phrase for this is a series of 24 words in a precise order, other wallets have a similar approach.

This is so crucial because if you lose, damage, or have your wallet stolen, all you have to do is get another wallet and then input your recovery phrase to have your crypto from your original wallet on that new wallet. There are a couple more steps, but it looks pretty user friendly.

I also recommend writing down the recovery phrase a second time and storing it separately from the original written down recovery phrase. So basically you have two pieces of paper with your recovery phrase on it and you keep those two pieces of paper in two separate locations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: