Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to make a good PROFIT in trading?  (Read 1985 times)
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:09:58 AM

- Find a project with a working tech that has got distinctive advantage
- See what kind of dev is leading the project
- Analize Roadmap and see if dev team delivered what they have promised previously
- Should be low-market cap

Example given

XSPEC (best annon coin working tech right now)
with release of client version 1.3
price has hit x4 from July 29 and x6 during the spikes
greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:17:19 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 08:36:35 AM by greyworld

I dont agree. I hold altcoins for long time and i know it is a good strategy. If you say it is a mistake that mean you are a newbie or you invest to shit scam altcoins.
Lets compare top a few digital currencies for 1 year ago and today.

Bitcoin - 1 year ago:~ 580 USD today:~ 4000 USD (x6.9)
Ethereum - 1 year ago:~ 11 USD today:~ 300 USD (x27)
Ripple - 1 year ago:~ 0.006 USD today:~ 0.29 USD (x48,3)
Litecoin - 1 year ago:~ 3.4 USD today:~ 47 USD (x13.8 )
Waves - 1 year ago:~ 0.16 USD today:~ 4.7 USD (x29.3)

As you can see if you hold known altcoins for last 1 year you would make much more profit comparing with holding bitcoin...

4 cherry picked examples do not make a convincing case.   I'm disregarding BTC since that's obviously not an altcoin and I don't think anyone is disputing it's viability as a long term investment.

I would be more convinced if you took a sample of all coins on all exchanges.   Then run the same time span comparison on them, and form a ratio of winners versus losers.  If there's more winners than losers, I'll be... almost convinced.

The reason I say 'almost' there is this.

Let's say you have $1000 you put at day trading shitcoins.
And every day you fully commit that stack to your trades, and you make just 1% a day, and you cash out and the next day you do it again...

In a year you'll have $38,181.

With the exception of Ripple, which before this week would have been more like 30x because it just now picked up, that's 38x and better than even the best performers you could find.

EDIT: Actually, Ripple is a terrible example.  From 2015->2016, Ripple went from 7400 -> 1501...  From 2016->2017, Ripple went from 1500 ->  650

Your argument is invalid.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:22:04 AM

I've been working hard to find strong coins. And I realized best thing to do is day trading speculative coins + holding diverse portfolio of strong altcoins and supporting it with some bitcoin.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

there are two golden rules when it comes to trading altcoins before anything else:
1. buy coins that are not in a bubble
just take a look at where they are. on the charts it would be obvious to notice when a coin is up a lot compared to past days or weeks.
these coins will obviously get dumped hard soon.

2. dump them as soon as possible
never maket the mistake of becoming a altcoin bag holder. people make the mistake of comparing alts with bitcoin. if you hold bitcoin you will always make profit in long term even if its price drops.
but if you hold altcoins you will only lose money because they rarely get pumped and each pump will be smaller than the last.

I dont agree. I hold altcoins for long time and i know it is a good strategy. If you say it is a mistake that mean you are a newbie or you invest to shit scam altcoins.
Lets compare top a few digital currencies for 1 year ago and today.

Bitcoin - 1 year ago:~ 580 USD today:~ 4000 USD (x6.9)
Ethereum - 1 year ago:~ 11 USD today:~ 300 USD (x27)
Ripple - 1 year ago:~ 0.006 USD today:~ 0.29 USD (x48,3)
Litecoin - 1 year ago:~ 3.4 USD today:~ 47 USD (x13.8 )
Waves - 1 year ago:~ 0.16 USD today:~ 4.7 USD (x29.3)

As you can see if you hold known altcoins for last 1 year you would make much more profit comparing with holding bitcoin...

IMHO Last year was rather profitable to all holders. It may be pointless to create strategy only on huge growth. What about stable or falling market trends?

Ofcourse there were stable ones and falling ones. But the ones with good team and good ideas were mostly not one of them.
I can not say risk is 0 on altcoins but If you divided the risk to 5 6 different digital currencies, you would a good chance to make good profits. Especially comparing with holding bitcoin.
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:57:42 AM

Do you want to make a good profit from TRADING or INVESTING?

If you want to invest in coins that have a long term future and a real use case then I would suggest investing in coins such as Bitcoin and Spectrecoin and holding them for the medium to long term.

If you want to trade and make a good profit then in a bull market you could pretty much trade any coin to be honest and do ok. In a bear market however, things could get messy...

The beginning of a new era.
razkal

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:03:07 AM

has anyone used any sell/buy signal sites?
could they help in trading?
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:08:21 PM

Buy the rumor, sell the news
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:54:06 PM

Thanks for you guys, I am more understanding about trading, I've tried trading a few times, but always not right on target in analyzing   Sad
JDacer (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:34:36 AM

my trade todays was not good Sad if i made the wrong place of my trade it will lost Sad

http://imgur.com/o2rv0sz
hardworkinfamilyman

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:41:58 AM

A tip would be to not follow the market but anticipate the market:  look for the coming upside. Its called game theory.

For instance I bought NEO at about $7 and the rest is history.

But listen, the reason I think QTUM is about to take off and could be the next NEO is as follows (a few of the reasons)

1. Interview of QTUM team on CCTV, will create awareness (Chinese news channel equivalent to CNN)

2. Will have a WeChat or QQ integration, WeChat's mini-programs will allow users to transact using QTUM and also avail its service by paying through QTUM

3. Number of DApps built on QTUM > number of DApps built on NEO

4. Rumoured they have two 100 billion remninbi investor backing

5. Possible Asian Exchange listing around the corner - I understand they are in talks with a Korean exchange (as most developers are so that is obvious)

6 - they are planning to launch QEA (QTUM Enterprise Alliance).  Now there is speculation they are in talks with Alibaba and Tencent as the first allies but that has not been confirmed so at this stage please just treat it as pure rumour only.  Don't factor that into any price considerations.

But do your own research. I hold NEO and Qtum and OMG and TRST.
jhonbravo

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:26:51 AM

yesterday ive been trading in a first i made 2.66 mbtc in 30 mins. then the second trade was 1.8 mbtc. 3 to 5 trade lost on liquidation Sad

most of the time it will happen in altcoin trading it is huge risk but many people do trade and make profit too
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:45:35 AM

yesterday ive been trading in a first i made 2.66 mbtc in 30 mins. then the second trade was 1.8 mbtc. 3 to 5 trade lost on liquidation Sad
I will give you the safest things to do when trading on altcoins.

1. Research the coin you want to put your money in before investing and take a look if that coin has a good project and has potential to pump harder.
2. Don't invest your whole money on 1 altcoin only, Try to put your money on different alts.
3. Save bitcoin or store about 10% - 20% in your portfolio so if have a chance that other alts will go dump you can buy at lower price.
4. Study on how to read charts even on daily trade or monthly trade you can watch on youtube or read pdf files.
5. Don't panic sell or margin trade it is very risky just HOLD it and wait for pump.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:25:21 AM

Check the project, roadmap, team each detail.
You should have a target price before buying any coin. And you should put a stop loss point as well.

Dikobit

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:48:56 AM

if you want to lose everything asap the margin trading is a good way, stay away
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:39:15 PM

How to make big profits in trading. The answer is we have to be patient and not easily panic. If we start trading we should analyze the coins correctly. And we also have to save some capital to back up.
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:52:00 PM

Scalper traders are more susceptible to losses, because analysis factor is too fast, while we are in the opposite direction of market trend. And most longterm traders only make small profits but they do it consistently. Emotionally, longterm traders are more stable because they really enjoy about time.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:12:49 PM

Crypto market is still new to most of investors, so apparently all newbies  depend on simpler technical analysis. Thats why the simpler analysis you make, the better results you get
and its good to have a group of traders that you can co exchange with your points of views
we should help each other rather than earn from others btc
ifyousmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:42:12 PM

after development, news release, there is usually a big pump, but after the information is released and lots of people aware of it, it is time to sell and take the profit. that's from previous experiences
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: