Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a whale?  (Read 4508 times)
CryptoX006

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:52:58 PM

Hmm that's a hard question, I think that someone is a whale if they at least own crypto's worth of 10k$ or 100k$
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2397
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:01:16 PM

What is your definition of a whale? How many BTCs do you need to have to be a whale?

guess atm many whales don't have BTCs at all lol

geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:13:32 PM

Whales are the one who have the power to control the money in the market. One move from them can either pump or dump the coins. That's how powerful a whale is in the economy. But I know for sure, all our project can't go in vain.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:36:23 PM

What is your definition of a whale? How many BTCs do you need to have to be a whale?
Whales are the users having a strong affect on the market of a coin, they can manipulate the price of a coin by their combine effect. Keeping in sight the current worth of bitcoin, users having more than a hundred bitcoins are included in the list of whales, so i think to be in their list you should have at least one hundred bitcoins.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:45:40 PM

Hmm that's a hard question, I think that someone is a whale if they at least own crypto's worth of 10k$ or 100k$
You can't buy a new car with $10K. $100K = apartment. Your logic = go to bank, take loan and you are a whale...is wrong.
guess atm many whales don't have BTCs at all lol
I wouldn't say they don't have btc at all atm but they are probably whales with very low bitcoin amount  Grin
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:40:28 PM

Whale is nothing but person who have a large amount of bitcoins. They have the power to control the price of coins in the market whether it goes high or low.

siegerhyme

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:16:08 PM

Wow, I didn't know whales actually exist here in this market. Yes, they are formidable because of large capital and are notable for their influence in the industry as well.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:18:07 PM

I don't think Whale is someone who has a lot of BTC. Whale is defined by the amount of influence and pressure one has on market. Just as whales in the sea occupy a dominant position to affect decisions of other. Similarly the whale in the market is someone who has a large share of market. One cannot just say that holder of certain BTC becomes a whale.
psiksenz

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:21:49 PM

We will all be whales in a years time, and the more time that passes, the less BTC we'll need to be considered one.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:49:21 PM

I don't think Whale is someone who has a lot of BTC. Whale is defined by the amount of influence and pressure one has on market. Just as whales in the sea occupy a dominant position to affect decisions of other. Similarly the whale in the market is someone who has a large share of market. One cannot just say that holder of certain BTC becomes a whale.

I agree, a person can even be a whale even if he doesn't have crypto yet, but plans to buy some and announces his intent to do so. Like for example, Bill Gates suddenly announces that he will invest $1,000,000,000 on ETH then likely prices of ETH will go up or down depending on the market reaction. In that case, Bill Gates is a whale that need not use his cryptocurrencies yet but has greatly influenced the market just by his words.
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:53:14 PM

Whale is someone has a big amount of Bitcoin maybe thousands Bitcoin. They can easily control the market, they can pump or dump the price of any cryptocurrency as they want. If you want to become a whale I think you should have at least 1000 BTC or maybe more Smiley)

energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:55:17 PM

I agree, a person can even be a whale even if he doesn't have crypto yet, but plans to buy some and announces his intent to do so. Like for example, Bill Gates suddenly announces that he will invest $1,000,000,000 on ETH then likely prices of ETH will go up or down depending on the market reaction. In that case, Bill Gates is a whale that need not use his cryptocurrencies yet but has greatly influenced the market just by his words.

Whale is a person holds more than 500 BTC in his hands. There are different types of whales in the crypto market, the sharky ones are the most dangerous ones, they have less than 500 BTC but they make pump and dumps in low volume altcoins.
eshkikay

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:01:59 PM

whale are amazing here are some incredible facts about whales and thier lives in the ocean whale a very large marine mammal with a streamlined hairless body horizontal tail,fin and a blowhole on top of the breathin as many as four generations of whales live together in some of these matrilineal groups scientist believe that now fewer than a hundred of the whale ply the water whales of both lineages are relatively common fossil in many marine deposits and whales are common around the islands they whaled at the water with thier paddles.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:06:57 PM

I think that the whale can be called a person who has more than a thousand bitcoins. With such amounts, you can already set the tone in the market for crypto-currency in conjunction with other whales.
ducaalfa

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:11:57 PM

it is someone who owns lots of crypto
titsonfireyo

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:17:47 PM

Whale is a trader or a group that have a huge capital and they can control the price of Bitcoin and earn profit from that control.
tatalin

Activity: 255

https://burst.money/

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:20:15 PM

A whale is a person who buys a large quantity of a certain coins. In our case in crypto world, when you bought greater than or equal to 1 BTC in one coin, you are already considered as a whale.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:53:51 PM

whale is a person or institution that holds huge amount of bitcoin that has a huge impact in price , when they dump a huge amount of bitcoin prices will go down but when they pump after they dump prices will rise up , whales mostly the miners and traders and the others are those who are the huge investors of bitcoins.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:31:46 PM

whale is a person or institution that holds huge amount of bitcoin that has a huge impact in price , when they dump a huge amount of bitcoin prices will go down but when they pump after they dump prices will rise up , whales mostly the miners and traders and the others are those who are the huge investors of bitcoins.

Correct. they hold tons of bitcoin in their disposal. And we heard so much about them manipulating the price. And just recently, individuals whales are starting to show up. Look at how the news lately, you will see personalities like Mike N and that Russian Billionaire (I forgot his name) admitting they have huge stash of bitcoins. Plus other personalities. You wouldn't heard them before. But since bitcoin is going up, they know self admit that they are bagholders.

There's still a lot of whales out there, trying to hide their identities through institutional investors. Maybe before they fear for their life or something. But I believed that they do can move the price literally, that's why they are called whales, which can move the ocean when they swim.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:53:51 PM

From the definition of what I everybody have given, it just seem that every one of us can be referred to as whale. In a case where price is rising and threads encouraging people to buy more, the moment we move in that direction which then further increase the price of bitcoin, then we have all agreed to influence price and the same thing goes for when price of bitcoin is falling. For the fact that we all agree to pursue a particular decision with the objective to influence price, we are all whale.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: